UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Cahill is probably our greatest ever player. Harry Kewell is the best footballer (in terms of talent) I have seen in an Australian shirt but he was essentially held together by gaffer tape and Perkin's Paste. A shame really as on his day he was genuinely world class.

Ned Zelic was a super footballer too, as was Viduka.
Cahill is not better than Kewell. Cahill was pretty good for a long time, Kewell was elite for a several seasons.

For the national side, it’s hard to argue past Cahill. Kewell at his peak perhaps the better footballer.

Viduka arguably had the best club career, but for Australia his scoring record didn’t stack up. Yes he was a target man and his hold up play was very good, but the goals dried up.

For the national side, it’s hard to argue past Cahill. Kewell at his peak perhaps the better footballer.

Viduka arguably had the best club career, but for Australia his scoring record didn’t stack up. Yes he was a target man and his hold up play was very good, but the goals dried up.
His pre Newcastle club goal scoring record was 1 in every 2 games which is very good. For some reason the way we used him just never got the best out of him

Cahills peak is nowhere near Kewells.

Cahill is not better than Kewell. Cahill was pretty good for a long time, Kewell was elite for a several seasons.

Cahill was our best & most consistent & reliable scorer at international level....We've not had another player to match his ability in the air in the box....Lost count of how many times he came through for us, where no one else could put the ball in the back of the net.

Cahills peak is nowhere near Kewells.

That’s what I was trying to say, Kewell the better player at his peak.

However for Australia, Cahill’s record and consistency over a longer period of time can’t be denied.

Kewell the better footballer overall. Cahill the best for Australia. If that makes sense.

Cahill was our best & most consistent & reliable scorer at international level....We've not had another player to match his ability in the air in the box....Lost count of how many times he came through for us, where no one else could put the ball in the back of the net.
Playing for Australia does not mean much.

Besides I hate international football.

Also children of European immigrants tended to follow Liverpool because of their period of success in 70s and 80s - I have mates of Greek, Italian and Croatian background who follow Liverpool (as well as teams from where their parents are from). And because English football was about the only round ball version we'd see on TV, many of these people adopted the Reds.

this is my old man, he says he followed LFC from the 70s cos they were red and white like Olympiakos. he would follow results in the papers and on the radio a day/days after the game. but then I know people whos dads followed the Mancs for the same reason!!

Really hope this game lives up to the hype.
Last year had so much drama. Granted it all went against Liverpool - Salah injury, Karius calamities, Bale wonder goal - but it provides good viewing for the neutral fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I agree. Couldn’t careless for the spectacle. Would love for us to get an early goal and it to be a boring game from then on and stayed 1-0
*, the Ajax and City ties have already taken several years off my life. That type of result would see me kick the bucket before 30!

****, the Ajax and City ties have already taken several years off my life. That type of result would see me kick the bucket before 30!

Still recall fondly the morning of May 1999, when Teddy & Ole brought us back from the brink & then in front, in less than 2 minutes....Just had the feeling that something magical was going to happen that morning & so it did.....It was brilliant.

How outnumbered are the spurs lads going to be down there in Oz? Surely there’ll be some places where you’ll be a majority?
Best indicator of the outnumber factor would be to look at the two tours of both Liverpool and Spurs in the last 5 years.

Spurs play Juventus. 2 massive clubs. Lucky to get 10k in there.

Liverpool play Melbourne victory. Sellout

Attachments

• EE224C42-7EFF-42CC-9C52-27606179AE29.jpeg
    EE224C42-7EFF-42CC-9C52-27606179AE29.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 4A660158-BCF0-4B1B-970A-BC06572CF06D.jpeg
    4A660158-BCF0-4B1B-970A-BC06572CF06D.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
Best indicator of the outnumber factor would be to look at the two tours of both Liverpool and Spurs in the last 5 years.

Spurs play Juventus. 2 massive clubs. Lucky to get 10k in there.

Liverpool play Melbourne victory. Sellout
Bit of context needed with the crowd figures there. We’d also played in Sydney the year before against Sydney FC and got over 70k to friendly with many from around the country making the trip thinking it’d be anonther 20 years for us to come back. 12 months later they came back with a very weak squad because of the euros (same with Juve) and got less than the year before

Bit of context needed with the crowd figures there. We’d also played in Sydney the year before against Sydney FC and got over 70k to friendly with many from around the country making the trip thinking it’d be anonther 20 years for us to come back. 12 months later they came back with a very weak squad because of the euros (same with Juve) and got less than the year before
If it was Liverpool in the same boat though, I’d back them both to be sellouts. Most people just want to go to sing the song...lol

Back