UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it down to family lines? Did a lot of scousers emigrate to Australia more than other parts of the U.K.? I know a lot of jocks also made the move

Pretty sure they are selling 10,000 tickets to watch it at the new stadium
I’m going to watch the game in Tottenham - not the stadium but am going to find some pub near the ground. Pubs round here are mainly West Ham so they will be mainly pro Liverpool. Going local and finding safety in numbers is going to be as hard for me as it is for you guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it down to family lines? Did a lot of scousers emigrate to Australia more than other parts of the U.K.? I know a lot of jocks also made the move

Most of the better Scots, Welsh & Irish recruits played for the Northern English teams, so their immigrants in Oz tended to follow suite, in picking those sides.

As my old man said...."I'd never follow a filthy rich London club."

For me it was due to Harry Kewell. If I watched football a year earlier I'd be a Leeds fan.

For me it was due to Harry Kewell. If I watched football a year earlier I'd be a Leeds fan.

I took just as much interest in how Leeds were going, as my own club, when both Kewell & Viduka were playing for them at the height of their careers.

Also children of European immigrants tended to follow Liverpool because of their period of success in 70s and 80s - I have mates of Greek, Italian and Croatian background who follow Liverpool (as well as teams from where their parents are from). And because English football was about the only round ball version we'd see on TV, many of these people adopted the Reds.

Yeah Craig Johnston and Harry Kewell Play a part, just like Timmy Cahill got people on Everton

Fairly certain he got picked up by Everton after that FA Cup Semi-Final in which he scored a goal for Millwall, to send them into the final….His corner flag celebrations certainly became a hallmark of his....He as likely Australia's greatest ever player at National level in my books too.

Fairly certain he got picked up by Everton after that FA Cup Semi-Final in which he scored a goal for Millwall, to send them into the final….His corner flag celebrations certainly became a hallmark of his....He as likely Australia's greatest ever player at National level in my books too.

He rose to mainstream prominence through the World Cup though, and well, he was at Everton by then

Yes, Cahill is probably our greatest ever player. Harry Kewell is the best footballer (in terms of talent) I have seen in an Australian shirt but he was essentially held together by gaffer tape and Perkin's Paste. A shame really as on his day he was genuinely world class.

Ned Zelic was a super footballer too, as was Viduka.

Back