UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Three times though?

That is diabolical defending. I guess too many defenders forward and tired defenders left at the back.

To be fair the only goal I felt that was perhaps questionable defending was Llorente’s second. Perhaps he could’ve been closed down earlier.

However the first goal came about from a poor clearance from Adrian, and the final goal from a counter attack with Liverpool bodies committed forward.

For me it’s just one of those things. I wouldn’t blame the defending necessarily.

I’m a fan of clinical finishing and hats off here, Atletico absolutely nailed them. Have watched the highlights a few times, and the placement of Llorente’s goals was brilliant.

Honestly, as fun as it was to watch this morning, Atletico should not have travelled given the amount of cases in Madrid, and it wasn't even played behind closed doors meaning travelling fans also attended...

If they were going to ban Atletico fans they probably would have had to stop Liverpool fans going as well

Probably, but at that stage you had extensive local transmission in Madrid (one of if not the fastest growing outbreak in the world), while most cases in the UK were overseas acquired. The biggest risk was posed by importing COVID into the north west of England via a few thousand people from Madrid.

Same reason Australia had restrictions on overseas travellers in place well before domestic social distancing measures were enforced today.

At that stage you had extensive local transmission in Madrid, while most cases in the UK were overseas acquired.

Same reason Australia had restrictions on overseas travellers in place well before domestic social distancing measures were enforced today.
Unless there were govenment bans in place I'm not sure you could ban a group of supporters.

Unless there were govenment bans in place I'm not sure you could ban a group of supporters.

Yeah, it’s redundant now but I think they probably should have. Same logic behind travel restrictions being placed on people coming in from Italy, Iran, China, etc. Madrid is very high risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it matters tbh. You've probably got just as many games left in this years champions league as we do.
You should be hoping that this pandemic subsided because City is a moral to win the CL this year. I’ll be supporting City as I always barrack for the EPL team in the CL.

You should be hoping that this pandemic subsided because City is a moral to win the CL this year. I’ll be supporting City as I always barrack for the EPL team in the CL.
I'm hoping it subsides but football has nothing to do with it. Just not important.

Football is killing itself. People would soon tire of seeing the same matches every year, especially if those clubs are not there on merit

Football is killing itself. People would soon tire of seeing the same matches every year, especially if those clubs are not there on merit
And particularly when sides keep getting "randomly" drawn against each other.

If they're going to do with what the tweet in moomba's post suggests, they may as well scrap being able to have teams from the same country in the same group/play each other in the last 16 too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back