Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Main card

• Heavyweight Championship bout:
    22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
    Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion
    Frank Mir - I think this fight will go one of two ways, either Mir by knockout or sub, or Lesnar by TKO or decision. I'll take Lesnar by TKO.

• Welterweight Championship bout:
    22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
    Champion Georges St-Pierre vs.
    22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
    Thiago Alves - I dont understand the hype around Alves, he hasn't made weight in his last two fights at 170 and obviously has to if he wants to fight for the title, so will he gas easily? Ok, he beat Koscheck by decision but other than that, an over the hill Matt Hughes and Karo Parisyan? Not the sort of form that I think is going to be able to compete with GSP. GSP by decision.

• Welterweight bout:
    Jon Fitch vs.
    Paulo Thiago- Loved the way Thiago put Koscheck to sleep, hopefully he does the same to Fitch who is nothing more than a gatekeeper for prospective GSP opponents. Thiago via KO.

• Middleweight bout:
    Dan Henderson vs.
    22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
    Michael Bisping - I love Bisping and his hard nut pommy attitude. He is on the way up while Hendo is unfortunately on the way down. Taking Bisping via TKO but after the Franklin fight, it wouldnt surprise me if Hendo won either.

• Middleweight bout:
    22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs.
    Alan Belcher - Two excellent submission guys. If Belcher can keep the fight standing I think he will have the advantage. If he initiates a clinch, watch for Akiyama to drop him on his head. Interesting fight, Belcher by TKO.

Preliminary card

• Light Heavyweight bout:
    Mark Coleman vs.
    Stephan Bonnar - Wicked fight and really looking forward to this one. Bonner was smashed by Jones in his last fight and I expect him to deal with coleman in dramatic fashion. Bonner by KO.

• Lightweight bout:
    Mac Danzig vs.
    Jim Miller - Despite losing to Mayard at 96, Millers record is pretty good and thats good enough for me to take him by submission.

Jon Jones vs.
    Jake O'Brien - Pumped to see Jones again after his last two fights. O'Brien has only been stopped by Valasquez and Arlovski. Dunno why this didnt make the main card?? Im taking Jones by TKO, providing he doesnt gas out.

• Welterweight bout:Dong Hyun Kim vs.TJ Grant - I'll take the stun gun by submission but I dont really care to be honest.

• Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - Can't stand either of these clowns. I hope for a double knockout.

• Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty - Again, dont care. Grice by decision.

On a side note, I am PUMPED for this card.

• Heavyweight Championship bout:
    Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion
    Frank Mir - Lesnar strikes me as the type of guy who just becomes awesome at everything he puts his time into and I think after what's now been a fair bit of training, he should be ready to avoid submissions. I'm expecting a big KO standing, and anything else will disappoint me :)

• Welterweight Championship bout:
    22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
    Champion Georges St-Pierre
    Thiago Alves - vs. St Pierre to take Alves down and hopefully finish him but more likely decision.

• Welterweight bout:
    Jon Fitch vs.
    Paulo Thiago- On paper, this is all Fitch. Besides GSP, Fitch has handled pretty much everyone else in the division. A Thiago KO would help the card though, because as it is, he doesn't belong IMO.

• Middleweight bout:
    Dan Henderson vs.
    22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
    Michael Bisping - I have no idea. Henderson is getting old but I don't want to count him out. I'll take the easy road and say Bisping wins a split decision.

• Middleweight bout:
    22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs.
    Alan Belcher - Belcher ruined the UFC's plans last time round against Kang, but I'm thinking Akiyama will be able to get this to the ground and win a decision.

Preliminary card

Mark Coleman vs.
    Stephan Bonnar - I agree that Bonnar will stop Coleman.

• Lightweight bout:
    Mac Danzig vs.
    Jim Miller - Tough one. Miller looks the goods and Danzig never fights to his potential. No result would surprise me but I'll go Danzig submission.

Jon Jones vs.
    Jake O'Brien - Hopefully Jones in dramatic fashion.

• Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs.TJ Grant - Stoppage 2nd.

• Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - Lawler for the upset, KO 1st.

• Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty - Meh
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't think this is a great card. Any other time and I'd rate it, but it's UFC 100 for god's sake. I'm probably just getting too greedy.

Heavyweight Championship bout: Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir - Lesnar will take this I think. Don't really like the guy yet, but his size and strength are formidable, and Mir's heart and ability to win is questionable if he starts to take punishment. I expect Lesnar to steamroll him. I would like to see Mir win, but Lesnar is the new breed of massive AND athletic HW. Lesnar by size, not skill.

Welterweight Championship bout: Champion Georges St-Pierre vs Thiago Alves - I usually put an upset tip in and this is where it lies. Over 5 rounds I think Alves who has got his cycling - sorry weight cutting - down to a fine art will be good enough standing to expose GSP's weakest spot. I guess it depends where the fight goes. If GSP can get it down and keep it down, he wins, if more of the fight is standing, I'd take Alves.

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago- Fitch easily. Thaigo was lucky to get past Koscheck, theres no way he's doing that twice in a row.

Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Henderson though it will be a close fight. Decision either way I'd say, hopefully not a dodgy one.

Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Belcher the partypooper. Kang was dominating him, yet pulled the sub out. Will it happen to Sexyama? No. Akiyama by sub or GnP.

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar - I'd love the old timer Coleman to win, but Coleman would do well not to die of exhaustion in the cage.

Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller - Taking Miller with this. Danzig is probably better suited at 145. Danzig is good, but Miller is just a little better.

Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien - Jones is the fan favourite for sure, but O'Brien is also a good wrestler and this could be an upset. Bones by decision.

Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs.TJ Grant - Close fight, both a very good. Impressed with TJ's debut vs Chonan but I think Kim will be too much for him.

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - Dolloway unfortunately.

Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty - Grice probably. Both aren't much chop and Gugerty doesn't do well against decent wrestlers.

I did this earlier today then accidently hit refresh, so this one will be much shorter and filled with spelling mistakes.

Heavyweight Championship bout: Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir - **** Chestnar will tear Mir a new arse this time round.
Welterweight Championship bout: Champion Georges St-Pierre vs Thiago Alves- GSP, magnum your crazy

Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago- Fitch easily.

Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - He might be old but Bisping is no anderson silva.

Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Just becasue

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar - Coleman will be taken out of the ring in a body bag. The question here ism't why Joe Silva and Dana White keep putting him on cards, but who the **** at the NSAC keeps giving him a medical clearance? Cos I want that dude to write all my perscriptions.

Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller - danzig takes fighting too lightly. He thinks he is better than he is and I don't think he works hard enough.

Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien - The Matrian Manhunter is quickly becoming my favorite fighter. Early stoppage.

Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs.TJ Grant - Becasue

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - Peruvian Knecktie FTW

Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty - Agree with Mag. Could have done better, but it is just the undercard.

Don't get me wrong, I still think GSP will probably win, but if there was an outside bet, I'd take Alves. He finished Hughes faster than GSP did, finished Karo, and put a beating on Kos more than GSP did (granted it was short notice for Kos). Most importantly though hes better than GSP standing and I can't remember the last time GSP faced a half decent striker. The last time he stood with anyone with heavy hands was Serra and he got TKO'd. *IF* Alves can keep it standing long enough he's got a shot.

If it goes past round 2 though, I'm guessing GSP will take it. If GSP totally destroys Alves he takes the #1 p4p over Fedor in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I still think GSP will probably win, but if there was an outside bet, I'd take Alves. He finished Hughes faster than GSP did, finished Karo, and put a beating on Kos more than GSP did (granted it was short notice for Kos). Most importantly though hes better than GSP standing and I can't remember the last time GSP faced a half decent striker. The last time he stood with anyone with heavy hands was Serra and he got TKO'd. *IF* Alves can keep it standing long enough he's got a shot.

If it goes past round 2 though, I'm guessing GSP will take it. If GSP totally destroys Alves he takes the #1 p4p over Fedor in my opinion.
The thing for me is, GSP is only young and he's getting better and better. His wrestling is just ridiculous and I think he'll be all over Alves from the start.

You know even though we have had this conversation in person, actually reading it has finally made it sink in. I think you might be onto something here. I'm still going with GSP because the dude has brains.

The last time Serra and GSP fought, Serra was the one who got TKO'd..

Anderson Silva might disagree with you there mate ;) If he beats Forrest, I would think he would be RIGHT up there.. I think Machida will put a very good case forward if Rampage and co. don't actually connect.. haha..

The last time Serra and GSP fought, Serra was the one who got TKO'd..

Anderson Silva might disagree with you there mate ;) If he beats Forrest, I would think he would be RIGHT up there.. I think Machida will put a very good case forward if Rampage and co. don't actually connect.. haha..

haha If Is the key word, Lyoto Is the least hit fighter in MMA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumped for this, can't see Lesnar giving Mir an easy submission again, and that's the only way Mir can beat him in my opinion.

Main card

Heavyweight Championship bout: Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Interim Champion Frank Mir - either Mir is really arrogant or he's scared because he's been talking an insane amount of crap in the last few weeks, Lesnar's going to bulldoze through him this time, TKO in the first
Welterweight Championship bout: Champion Georges St-Pierre vs Thiago Alves - hard to go against GSP but Alves is easily the most dangerous striker he's came up against, Thiago's got the first two rounds to try and stop GSP because after that he's not going to have the strength to stuff the takedowns or handle GSP's riddum
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - should get a chance to see what Thiago's BJJ off his back is like here because Fitch hasn't fallen in love with his fists like Kos, Fitch either by decision or TKO in the second
Middleweight bout: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - depends if Bisping can avoid Hendo's clinch, if Dan puts Bisping on his back he'll be in trouble but if the fight remains standing I like Bisping to pick apart Hendo with more technical striking and avoid the big right hand en route to a decision
Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - tough to call, Akiyama looked really flat in his two DREAM fights last year while Belcher can look horrible on his day as well, it's easy to forget that Kang was all over him before getting caught too, going with a Sexyama TKO here

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar - liking Coleman to grind out a decision here because what's Bonnar going to do to him? He won't knock him out, he won't be able to stop the takedown and his subs aren't good enough to catch the Hammer, Coleman will be sucking it in badly though by the third round and that's Bonnar's chance to get on top of him and try and stop him
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller - going with Miller by sub, Danzig won't be a top fighter until he starts to eat a few cows
Light Heavyweight bout: Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien - Jones for sure, won't be easy though as O'Brien is pretty tough
Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs TJ Grant - haven't seen the fight against Chonan but from what I read Grant was pretty lucky to get the decision, Stun Gun is better than Chonan these days so he should pick up the decision
Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - CB wins by submission and by being the bigger nob
Lightweight bout: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty - not sure, haven't seen Gugerty before and have seen very little of Grice

Not a fan of relying on the streams as the few times I've tried using them they'll drop out at the worst of times so I'll be living in a cave on Sunday afternoon until a torrent is released. Surely they at least could have worked out a way to put this on one of the Adults Only pr0n channels or something.

Bisping is at $3+ on Betfair...

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about UFC, but this seems to me to be excellent value?
Would like some % on what people think Bisping's chances are?

Bisping is at $3+ on Betfair...

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about UFC, but this seems to me to be excellent value?
Would like some % on what people think Bisping's chances are?

Hendo is a legend of the game, old school skilled, hard as a coffin nail and smart. But he's old. Bisping is considered one dimensional but he's definitely tough. Has a record of 17-1, pretty bloody good record for MMA, but Henderson is the first time he's put his toe in the deep end. He's an up and commer but a massive step up is required. I'd say he is at least up to the task in his own mind. Should train hard enough to be ready physically as well.

In a nutshell at over $3 in a two horse race I'm going to have a taste. But don't bet the farm.

Yeh I'm on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Hendo won but Bisping is in prime position to knock him off right now.

This might seem like a stupid question, but do they show the preliminary fights on the Pay-Per-View? Why I ask is because I've never ordered a UFC PPV before (although I've watched a fair amount of MMA over time), and I'm considering getting this one.

First off mate, no the Prelims are not shown unless there is like 4 KO's on the maincard and the fights don't fill the alloted time for the TV. Then they show 1 or sometimes 2 fights from the undercard to pad it out. And secondly. The F U C Kers at Fox are not showing UFC 100 until Monday becasue of the Argbeko vs Darchinyan fight is on at the same time. At least this time it's not that a-hole Andre Ruie.

This might seem like a stupid question, but do they show the preliminary fights on the Pay-Per-View? Why I ask is because I've never ordered a UFC PPV before (although I've watched a fair amount of MMA over time), and I'm considering getting this one.
I don't recommend buying this one because it's not live. I go on sherdog pretty much every day and have a few friends who will be discussing it, so maybe it's different for me, but I'd rather try and get a live feed.

First off mate, no the Prelims are not shown unless there is like 4 KO's on the maincard and the fights don't fill the alloted time for the TV. Then they show 1 or sometimes 2 fights from the undercard to pad it out. And secondly. The F U C Kers at Fox are not showing UFC 100 until Monday becasue of the Argbeko vs Darchinyan fight is on at the same time. At least this time it's not that a-hole Andre Ruie.

I don't recommend buying this one because it's not live. I go on sherdog pretty much every day and have a few friends who will be discussing it, so maybe it's different for me, but I'd rather try and get a live feed.

Thanks for the info :thumbsu: I might just sit this one out and not order it, and if it turns out there were some good fights on the card, I might track down some footage on the net sometime.

Seems like a bit of a ripoff if they usually don't show any of the preliminary fights.

Am I the only one backing Mir to win this? I've still seen nothing to prove that Brock Lesnar is actually an MMA fighter at the moment, sure he beat up a 45 year old Randy Couture, but am I the only one that thinks that's not the ominous sign it's talked up as?

Mir by knockout or submission - I picture him knocking out Lesnar when he gets over-aggressive going for a takedown, or submitting him in a trap much like the first time. He's too damn smart and too talented to allow himself to be manhandled like many are predicting. Also, he doesn't have the size advantage to power out of submission attempts like he did with Couture.

I could see it, but I wouldn't consider it a certainty - I'm banking on Mir's experience, skillset and talent.

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs.Tom Lawlor - CB wins by submission and by being the bigger nob
Um... I don't think it's possible to be a bigger nob than Tom Lawlor. Even at worst.

I lost all respect for C.B. Dollaway on the Ultimate Fighter - Not because he got caught in an armbar in the most ridiculous of fashions by Amir Sadollah in the semis, but because in the Finale, he got caught in the exact same armbar, in the exact same situation, but even faster.

He earned a little respect by putting King of the w***ers (an even bigger nob than Tom Lawlor, I just realised) Jesse Taylor in a Peruvian Necktie though - Just on the basis of that, I'll tip him, considering that Tom Lawlor has never done anything I've liked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back