Umpires call plus inconclusive evidence equals shambles.

Remove this Banner Ad

This shows it wasn’t touched by his fingertips which Marchbank claims. If 3 points don’t align then it isn’t the spot.
Just like the Lynch point proves it was a point where it aligned. This shows it doesn’t.

Attachments

• IMG_6356.jpeg
    IMG_6356.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

This shows it wasn’t touched by his fingertips which Marchbank claims. If 3 points don’t align then it isn’t the spot.
Just like the Lynch point proves it was a point where it aligned. This shows it doesn’t.
As well as the long pause when asked where he touched

"Where did you touch it, with your forearm, your hand, your fingertips?"
"ahhhhhhhhhhhh fingertips"

He had no idea how to answer the question

Great image. shows perfectly the interference by Van Rooyen on Marchbank. Got to the correct decision in the end although we should of won by 5 points rather than 4

That's such a great example of why ALL views need to be considered when making the call and how deceiving certain angles can be. Watching live, it really felt like a rushed decision, had a bit of the 'hot potato' about it.

As well as the long pause when asked where he touched

"Where did you touch it, with your forearm, your hand, your fingertips?"
"ahhhhhhhhhhhh fingertips"

He had no idea how to answer the question
100% you can tell he is lying. That’s how I would lie haha, followed up with I was just hoping for it to hit anything.
Great image. shows perfectly the interference by Van Rooyen on Marchbank. Got to the correct decision in the end although we should of won by 5 points rather than 4
True. Free kick yep, not sure why they never pay these. Too scared?
That's such a great example of why ALL views need to be considered when making the call and how deceiving certain angles can be. Watching live, it really felt like a rushed decision, had a bit of the 'hot potato' about it.
I can’t believe how poor they are at their job. You have to look at multiple angles together.
Not one view at a time like they did. So silly.

Steven May reckons Caleb touched it. Close thread.

100% you can tell he is lying. That’s how I would lie haha, followed up with I was just hoping for it to hit anything.

True. Free kick yep, not sure why they never pay these. Too scared?

I can’t believe how poor they are at their job. You have to look at multiple angles together.
Not one view at a time like they did. So silly.
Maybe he is lying about it, but his lie didn't make the goal umpire initially think it was touched.
The goal umpire has clearly seen something that the vision could not confirm or deny.

The discussion in general about wanting/needing better tech is valid, but this particular incident isn't the best example, unless we want to extend the discussion to whether or not the review should look outside of the scope of touched/not touched and into whether there were other infringements in the play.

Like...

Maybe he is lying about it, but his lie didn't make the goal umpire initially think it was touched.
The goal umpire has clearly seen something that the vision could not confirm or deny.

The discussion in general about wanting/needing better tech is valid, but this particular incident isn't the best example, unless we want to extend the discussion to whether or not the review should look outside of the scope of touched/not touched and into whether there were other infringements in the play.

Like...

Hard to believe I have not read one comment in the media about that clear free kick and it’s all been about the touch

Carlton supporters individually swear that it hit his forearm or thigh. Marchbank says it was his fingertips. It’s fairly clear IMO from the behind the post angle that it wasn’t touched, but who cares? It’s done, Carlton won.

Instead of milking the controversy or “backing the ump”, can the AFL spend their billions in broadcast money and get some DECENT ******* CAMERAS?

This system was brought in because Tom Hawkins hit the post in a granny and the goal umpire didn’t see it, or didn’t want to see it. How, after a full decade, is it still this ******* s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds as though you, and plenty of other Carlton supporters, are second guessing whether the ball was touched and are now attempting to justify the decision by creating a false narrative i.e it was free kick.

Sounds as though you, and plenty of other Carlton supporters, are second guessing whether the ball was touched and are now attempting to justify the decision by creating a false narrative i.e it was free kick.
And ignoring Smith getting front on contact. Apply NFL rules of offsetting penalties.

And if you want to split straws, what was Acres doing. Encroaching on the protected area , attempting a smother, before Petracca kicked the footy.

We claim a 50 metre penalty.

And if you want to split straws, what was Acres doing. Encroaching on the protected area , attempting a smother, before Petracca kicked the footy.

We claim a 50 metre penalty.
Umpire had called play on. He had run off the mark.
1692341270542.png

Plenty of calls we can go back to.
Petracca throw that led to a goal.
Marchbank being held in the above contest.
Gawn not giving away 50 for kicking the ball away after the free.
Oliver not giving away 50 after being the 3rd Dee to come through the PZ when Dow marked on 50.
Another one (can't remember the players) where a Blue took a mark and a Dee bumped him late and knocked the ball out, which should've been 50.
May and Curnow in a contest and the only 2 players anywhere near the ball. May gives away a free, then holds the ball pointing at Charlie as if to ask if it was his free. He knew who had it, just holding up play. Should've been 50.

That's 4 x 50m penalties that would be paid depending on the umpire and/or week.
Only if we're splitting straws.

You are depriving a village somewhere of an idiot

It was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

But I guess you wouldn't know.

But if you want to call a dubious goal line free kick we will claim a 50 meter penalty.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back