Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn’t a sport anymore it’s a betting Organisation
That just about sums it up!
And C7 makes sure it's not a sport anymore but a TV advertisement money generator!
((the only "constant" TV replays are replays of goals scored...no controversial free kick replays at all!))
Let the good times roll!
Let the ground muzak play louder!
Drink your expensive weak warm beer and swallow ur cold pies!
Stand up for The AFL Old Boys Club...salute...the game has never been greater or in safer hands!

I'm glad I didn't go as the bias was overwhelming again and i would have left at half time anyway. Caddy's non frees were embarrassing, while up the other end, Vlastuin had his head ripped of twice and got nothing. Again he has his head driven into the ground and he gets up and laughs at the umpire.

Zach Merrett threw his head back in a tackle - zero contact and 100% staging. If the AFL are serious about staging, then the MRP should be allowed to charge or ban players based on this behavior. At least these spineless players will gain a reputation that they fully deserve. The other howler was Merrett picking up the ball knowing pickett was reaching over him, and Merrett initiates contact (by lifting his head) drawing head high contact. Essendon free immediately.

I've never seen the game as bad as it is today.

Pies fan Laura Kane fat shaming Molloy

Dimma copped that at Tigerland.

Take him to the Suns

an all you can eat buffet.
Apols smasha. I've selectively reading between your lines to quote. been watching highlights. Convinced that Witts has been blocking the path to the buffet. Lozza should publicly call it?

Years ago there were far fewer tackles and congestion in the game and far fewer umpires on the field to award them...

Yet, there were more free kicks paid.

In soccer, one referee decision can easily decide a game.

Footy has too many goals for that, except when the free kick count shrinks, the goals that result can be quite lopsided.

More justifiable free kicks being paid would clean up player cheating, which is now at epidemic proportions, and increase result fairness dramatically.

It is such a simple problem to solve.

Years ago there were far fewer tackles and congestion in the game and far fewer umpires on the field to award them...

Yet, there were more free kicks paid.

In soccer, one referee decision can easily decide a game.

Footy has too many goals for that, except when the free kick count shrinks, the goals that result can be quite lopsided.

More justifiable free kicks being paid would clean up player cheating, which is now at epidemic proportions, and increase result fairness dramatically.

It is such a simple problem to solve.
they dont want to solve it

Seriously, we got absolutely butt banged for 3 years with umps and this guy said nothing the whole way through. Now he is at the Gold Coast he feels comfortable saying this stuff?

Miore investigating needs to be done about our Free Kick ratio & why every other club has found it easy to comment publicly about "bad umpiring" while the club with the worst record overall by 300% hasn't publicly complained once. Why is that? Why is the club with the worst umpiring record also the club which seems the most afraid to speak up?

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

The stand rule which was invented because of Richmond has an entirely different interpretation when applied to Richmond.
We get the hubble telescope version where if Richmond players move a smidge off their line,they get penalised while the oppo players get the relaxed version where players are brought back to their line by the umps.

Shai Bolton last night,one of the worse decisions but hardly surprising it's against Richmond.

We cop these decisions every week.

AFL want this to become the norm.

Pies fan Laura Kane fat shaming Molloy on The Front Bar when he brought up the ridiculously negative free kick differential.

Dimma copped that at Tigerland.

Take him to the Suns with his gamestyle and guess what happens?

Dimma now getting an all you can eat free kick buffet.

YZE,now he's a Richmond coach,copping the rorts from the umpires.

When will this ever stop?

Then the Pies who have ONE dodgy free go against them,make the headlines on paper and radio after still winning the free count.

Richmond can't even buy a free kick when they go to Freo.

I think we are the only team in World Sports that does not have a home advantage.

Pies get a home advantage away from home.

Laura Kane? Over to you!

Why are Richmond still being shafted by the umps?

I counted 5 goals where umpire involvement had a huge effect on Essendon goals last night.

That was at half time ffs.

Anyway,this year ,the more the umps shaft us,it goes to our favour.

The main statistic where the umpires have been shown up is Dimm'as fre kick tally now while not being at Tigerland.

He had 13 frees to 2 against Carlton lol of all teams.

Do you think Dimma at Tigerland would ever get a 13 to 2 free kick count against Carlton?

Not in a hundred years.
my solution is to rotate more umps through the AFL, sick of seeing the same biased umpires every week. get some fresh blood in, you hardly notice the umps in the VFL its bliss and a large part of the reason i prefer watching VFL these days. get these guys in. the vanity and arrogance of the long term umpires we see every week is sickening.

RFC lop sided free kick count is a given, last 6 odd years. As sports corruption. I don't buy it. they're separate issues

One US College basketball team had their shooter, sole scorer. win and lose games by designated amounts. Arranged with one bookie.

Local ping pong soccer & tennis were being bet on. Cos there's global betting markets too. Don't think you can bet on AFL globally.

In the AFL One ump and a few players have been busted on betting charges.

The AFL has a gambling "partner" I think AFL get a % of the bets made. So, not invested in a result per se.

Now with 4 umps should've improved things. But its Rashomon effect. 7 witnesses to a crime all have 7 different stories to tell in court for different reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lopsided free kick counts are bad enough. What kills me is holding the ball, throwing, incorrect disposal are adjudicated completely different depending which side of the equation we are. The 50m against Shai was a disgrace. Time and time again they're paid against us but rarely for us. Dustys mark near the goal square, the whistle was blown 10 times before they actually stopped and gave it back.

Would've been automatically 50m were roles reversed. The guy standing 5m over the mark again when Dusty marked it just inside 50m arc, opponent was blatantly ignoring the whistle and instructions for easily 10 seconds allowing their defenders to reset and flood, should've been 50m. On top of that how many times do our players get their heads ripped off, tunnelled, held, pushed in the back? Both Gibcus and Lynch were shoved with so much brute force when they landed awkwardly injuring themselves, same as when Soldo did his knee from Porkins. Play on.

It takes a lot of force to make 95-120kg blokes launch like that. Yet we lay a finger on some forwards, whistle blown free kick 20m out dead in front of goal. I waited 15 years for MCC, and it's now one of the only reasons I still go. It's painful how many close games the blatant umpires cheating has cost us during our successful era and still bizarrely costs us when we're no longer a powerhouse?

so the Bolton 50. Highlights 2.22 mark. Hugo puts his arms to stand the mark. Bolton's in the area but he's 5m ahead of the mark. The umps in the middle of the ground. 25 metres away. Bolton's standing on what he thinks is the mark.
50 against Bolton.
bit harsh....bit bolton

Need to get worksafe involved.
It is Bullying harassment and intimidation within a workplace. Bullying is considered to be
unequal application of work rules and benefits

No one can seriously argue this is not the case. AFL just laugh in our faces because they know we can do nothing. Well put HQ on a criminal bullying and harassment charge might see them take us a little more seriously. We could go after them civilly as well but there is something about criminal prosecution of the AFL that really appeals to me.

I'm glad I didn't go as the bias was overwhelming again and i would have left at half time anyway. Caddy's non frees were embarrassing, while up the other end, Vlastuin had his head ripped of twice and got nothing. Again he has his head driven into the ground and he gets up and laughs at the umpire.

Zach Merrett threw his head back in a tackle - zero contact and 100% staging. If the AFL are serious about staging, then the MRP should be allowed to charge or ban players based on this behavior. At least these spineless players will gain a reputation that they fully deserve. The other howler was Merrett picking up the ball knowing pickett was reaching over him, and Merrett initiates contact (by lifting his head) drawing head high contact. Essendon free immediately.

I've never seen the game as bad as it is today.

pretty sure merrett has been fined for staging before. there should be 5-10 staging fines going out in every game ATM but the AFL don't care at all. they love the acting as it allows umps to award easy shots at goal for more ad-breaks

Seriously, we got absolutely butt banged for 3 years with umps and this guy said nothing the whole way through. Now he is at the Gold Coast he feels comfortable saying this stuff?

Miore investigating needs to be done about our Free Kick ratio & why every other club has found it easy to comment publicly about "bad umpiring" while the club with the worst record overall by 300% hasn't publicly complained once. Why is that? Why is the club with the worst umpiring record also the club which seems the most afraid to speak up?

Marlon Brando Movie GIF
Pretty clear our club is gagged by Gale on the umps. Didn’t want to risk his CFL sponsored million dollar gig in Tassie

Integrity are you for real this Organisation that runs the rort has no ****ing integrity , you’re another dumb Australian who believes in whiter than white sporting officials , oh that’s right the umpires ONLY bet on brownlow votes that they give…..
Mate if you don't care about the integrity of the sport then why even watch a game, let alone be part of an online forum about the game

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

3 years? we've been getting reamed more than any other side for 8 years now

Need to get worksafe involved.
It is Bullying harassment and intimidation within a workplace. Bullying is considered to be
unequal application of work rules and benefits

No one can seriously argue this is not the case. AFL just laugh in our faces because they know we can do nothing. Well put HQ on a criminal bullying and harassment charge might see them take us a little more seriously. We could go after them civilly as well but there is something about criminal prosecution of the AFL that really appeals to me.
ive mentioned this before,RFC players should involve fairwork as it is affecting their ability to earn money/future contracts based on the umpires denying them right to play the game by the rules,adjuticating them differently
is also psychologically damaging and discrimination

Back