Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saka has started to taper off a little but, very much expected though of someone so young. Same with Willock. They could probably do with a spell coming off the bench.

Martinelli meanwhile surely deserves a start. Whether wide or up front, would love to see him get an opportunity in the league. But won’t get my hopes up as Emery’s league XI rarely nails it. Must stop persisting with this Torreira advanced role too, just doesn’t suit him.

Hopefully the brace gives Pepe some real confidence moving forward. The team as a whole to have less shots than that opposition at home is nothing short of a disgrace though and only 1 shot on target until the 70th minute.
Top of the group, smoking the pipe.

As much as I’d welcome a change of scene, Emery has really been losing me of late, but is Mourinho the answer?

Sure, in his prime he was one of the best. However he’s been well past it of late. Is a train wreck waiting to happen with the dressing room. I’m not sure he’s that significant upgrade we’re looking for.

Leicester's form makes sneaking into the top 4 look highly unlikely, especially if Tottenham don't continue to fall apart. We're going absolutely nowhere.
As much as I’d welcome a change of scene, Emery has really been losing me of late, but is Mourinho the answer?

Sure, in his prime he was one of the best. However he’s been well past it of late. Is a train wreck waiting to happen with the dressing room. I’m not sure he’s that significant upgrade we’re looking for.
Every player knows how Mourinho operates by know, no one wants a bar of his bullshit. The same goes for opponents too I'd imagine. Anyone outside of Portugal or smaller clubs he'd never work for would be an absolute clown to hire Mourinho in 2019. Can't teach an old dog new tricks (although he's not actually old by management standards, but he is very stubborn).

Nah I'm on the Mourinho train (if Emery was to get sacked).

Pros:

He knows he's on his last chance to get a "top" job (United done, Chelsea done, Madrid done, Inter done, Barca wouldn't touch him, City wouldn't touch him, Liverpool don't need him, Juventus don't need him, Bayern don't need him). PSG MAYBE but i doubt they'll go for him.

Mourinho would jump at the chance to build a legacy "team" without the pressure. He couldn't do it at Chelsea/Madrid due to the owners and couldn't do it at United due to their management being ****ed. I feel at Arsenal he has a owner that doesn't get involved in the bullshit, Raul Sanllehi and Edu have shown they are somewhat competent and we aren't exactly a poor club so Mourinho would be supported with what he wants to do.

Mourinho knows how to win. You can't argue with his trophy haul in 3 different leagues.

Mourinho knows how to defend and attack. His best teams (Chelsea and Inter) have both been amazing at both of them. Don't let the bullshit spell at United and Chelsea (United being a garbage team and Chelsea players basically downing tools). We have the makings of a decent team and I'd back Mou to get the best out of them.

Cons:

We know his personality is fiery and he can be a campaigner but maybe that's what these players need?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xhaka is shite, deserves the fan reaction. So does his stupid manager.

Disagree. Yeah he’s s**t. He doesn’t pick himself or give himself captaincy. Boo emery all you want he’s made mistake after mistake.

VAR with another outrageous call.

Fans pay their money and can boo whoever they want. Footballers live in this protected bubble that fans (the people who pay their wages) aren't allowed to show their displeasure when they are being s**t.

If i was s**t at my job I'd be worried about being sacked rather than pocketing £100k a week to a little bit of booing.

I can't stand the incompetence of the implementation of VAR. The Zaha penalty was the correct decision but I've said 10 others similar not overturned including the Pepe one against Bournemouth. The sokratis goal being disallowed is a disgrace, it was 50-50 call as to if it was a penalty on Chambers or a foul against him truth be told, don't understand why you just don't let it run and the goal stands.

As for the performance though it was another poor showing and we couldn't create a chance from open play. The result isn't surprising because irrespective of the opposition we can't assert any dominance over any team under Unai Emery in the EPL. Things are getting worse and worse and I expect us to slide down to about 8th by January and Emery's position to become untenable.

The fans pay their doe to get in so they can boo or cheer anyone they like but many Arsenal fans at the Emirates have shown before how piss poor they are. The player being booed has been selected as the captain, rightly or wrongly and he does try but unfortunately, he's not up to it but the selection of the team is not up to him. No player is going to say to the coach "don't pick me, I'm ***t." but by the same token, the player himself shouldn't be reacting like he did either.

A fish stinks from the head down and it sure is getting smelly at the Emrates, from the board-room through to the coach, players and the "supporters", the same supporters who booed Fabregas, another Captain but one who could play, wanted to play but wasn't allowed to play and one who did absolutely nothing wrong. That's Arsenal: show ponies with no substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back