Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to Europa League and Cup fixtures much more. As I know at least the line ups will resemble an XI that I want to see in the league games.

hows all my Gooners feeling atm, Im a bit frustrated but you get there just feel like we are at the same cross road half the support want Emery out it just seems to be the same. not looking the best my biggest fear when Arsen went was we were going to be like chelsea liverpool and united going thorough managers every other season.

hows all my Gooners feeling atm, Im a bit frustrated but you get there just feel like we are at the same cross road half the support want Emery out it just seems to be the same. not looking the best my biggest fear when Arsen went was we were going to be like chelsea liverpool and united going thorough managers every other season.

No point keeping someone at the helm that clearly isn't up to the job, I'd happily sack Emery right now, the longer we persist with him just means it takes longer before we find someone that could be the right manager for the job.

Sensational finishing from Pepe, this could be the turning point for him. Especially after the spotlight on him for that miss on the weekend.

Great last ten minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How were the goals we conceded? Comical defending?
AMN gave the ball away with a poor touch for one of them, the other was on the counter and a nice finish by the ex spurs player, turned tierney inside out

Good to see pepe on the score sheet with two great goals, hopefully this helps his confidence, you can see he's super talented, he's a top player just hasn't quite hit the ground running hopefully this does him the world of good as we really need him to perform.

Martenelli is banging the door down for a start, not sure where he slots in with laca back to fitness though, probably will have to bide his time with bench appearances, have to back pepe in now with those two qulaity goals.

I want a massive change in coaching as much as the next guy...

However, I think our poor showing this morning was more than just the tactics.

2nd goal was all on Maitland Niles having the touch of a trampoline.
Willock and Maitland Niles overall weren't great.
Bellerin looks rusty as hell.
Lacazette was a step or two too slow
Torreria doesn't look anywhere near his levels from last year, regardless of being played OOP.

On the flip side,

Martinelli looks great.
Despite being out of position for the first goal, Tierny had a solid game.
Mustafi had a decent game again.
Martinez made a few good saves for us.
Guendouzi is really taking that next step.
What more can you say about Pepe.

The tactics were subpar and there were some individuals who would love their time again, but I will take a spotty win into Sunday.

Martinelli is genuinely exciting. About the only positive that half.

Martinelli has been directly involved in six goals in three starts for Arsenal in all competitions, scoring five and assisting one. Laca better get over his injury and back to good form. Or we could always do the controversial two strikers.

Just watched replay. A couple of cracker free kicks by Pepe, hopefully he can use that to push on and find himself at Arsenal.

Martinelli looks like something special.

On form Martinelli should be starting ahead of Lacazette
One of them should start central, with Pepe and PEA on either side, although I can see the argument for keeping PEA central.
I like Saka, but I reckon he should be coming on as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back