Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, stubbornness can be a good trait but I'll have concerns with Arteta if Willian and Laca are both starting for the next league game.

We have been woeful in an attacking sense so far this year, definitely need to switch it up now.

Some real Mhkitaryan vibes I’m getting from Willian. Experienced footballer on big wages that doesn’t really do that much aside from clogging up a position ahead of younger, more deserving players.

It’s time to end the Willian experiment, he offers nothing week after week, how he continues to start over Pepe is a mystery.

Laca needs to benched too auba needs to go up top imo
We looked almost instantly threatening as soon as Pepe came on...and then we conceded again.

Garbage.

Am I the only fan that hates the modern day 3-4-3 bullshit that's infested the game? Why can't we go back to 4-2-3-1?

Leno, Tierney, Gab/Holding, Bellerin
Partey, Xhaka/ Elneny
Willock
Pepe, PEA, Saka

Attacking; wtf is Willian doing? Mans junk. Lacazette offers nothing.

Jack Grealish and Ross Barkley would both walk in to our team.

Would be interesting to see Arteta's record compared to Emery's at the same stage. I'm guessing Emery's PPG and goals scored would be higher than Arteta's.

I haven't said much on here this season and have been less than pleased with the way we have been playing but hopefully this is the wake up call Arteta has needed. Its criminal the way we have been playing at home against lesser sides, negative crap which has no business at the Emirates.

Whats been even worse though is we haven't seen a single minute of Saliba (cost 30m btw) yet we rush ******* Mustafi back from injury to solve our injury crisis. Their is suggestions that Saliba lost his mother in May and has struggled to adapt to life in England but Im not buying it, if it was that bad send him back to France and let him be with his family. Wesley Fofana who was Saliba partner in defence at St.Ettienne has been outstanding for Leicester and he was considered a far lesser talent.

The news of Saliba’s mother passing away in May certainly seems legit. Ornstein reported that he did in fact suffer a personal tragedy, and the only reason another loan with St Etienne wasn’t finalised was because the clubs couldn’t “lodge the paperwork in time”.

He really should’ve been allowed to get back home. The bloke is only 19, loses his mother and then is then tasked with moving to another country and culture. That’s a lot for anyone to deal with particularly at such a young age.

It is ridiculous though that the clubs couldn’t get the deal finalised. Not sure who/which club is to blame, but they literally had line of sight over this for months yet somehow run out of time before the window closes. That’s a farce.

Honest question: is Arteta maybe just not ready to be a manager? He was an assistant under one of the great coaches, but not for long and suddenly he's leading a team with top 4 aspirations. Emery did better in his first 26 games albeit conceding more goals.

I honestly think he will get the sack before Ole if there isn't a rapid improvement.

Honest question: is Arteta maybe just not ready to be a manager? He was an assistant under one of the great coaches, but not for long and suddenly he's leading a team with top 4 aspirations. Emery did better in his first 26 games albeit conceding more goals.

I honestly think he will get the sack before Ole if there isn't a rapid improvement.

Things certainly aren't looking good, it's early days but if he doesn't finish top 6 I'm not so sure he'll be at the helm next season.

If we sack arteta who do we replace him with? Atm arsenal are living off past glories and we wouldnt be able to recruit a top manager... I dont want to be like Chelsea or man city ect throwing money around but we do need an injection to get a little more quality in.... we need a playmaker asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see him being sacked this season, things would have to go terribly wrong for that to happen. He does have a lot of credits in the bank by winning the FA Cup and getting the club into the Europa League at least.

He’d want to sort it out though, or the pressure will slowly build. At the moment he’s dug his heels in on Willian, it almost seems a personal mission to prove it was right to sign him.

He’s also left out Saliba in the EL squad, and Ozil out of both. Rightly or wrongly, these questions will continue to follow him as long as the poor performances continue.

If we sack arteta who do we replace him with? Atm arsenal are living off past glories and we wouldnt be able to recruit a top manager... I dont want to be like Chelsea or man city ect throwing money around but we do need an injection to get a little more quality in.... we need a playmaker asap.

Pochettino ? Tuchel ? Nagelsmann ? If you offer enough money anyone is a chance. Everton lured Carlo and Spurs Jose.

What a shocking scoreline. I did not see the game but friends and colleagues have told me that it was as if the Arsenal players thought that all they had to do was to show up and they'd win.

I did see Arteta on the BBC yesterday taking total responsibility for the performance. Every player knows that they were the ones that let the coach and the guernsey/shirt down and with Arteta coming out and taking responsibility instead of firing both barrels at them publicly, he has, in effect, given them the opportunity to take responsibility for their insipid performance and those that respond positively have a future and those that don't, won't.

I defy anyone to say with certainty how his or her team will perform judging by how they are in the change rooms before a game but nevertheless, the buck stops with the coach no matter how unfair that is sometimes.

I really do feel that we need to be patient with this rebuild because that is exactly what we are undergoing at this club.

The processes are in place and they will be adhered to but they do take time. We have players at the club that will not be here after the next transfer window and the one after, at the latest. We will bring in new players but not half a dozen at a time and that's the way it should be. This time 'round we brought in Partey, Gabrial and Willian, who does get a lot of s**t around here but most of the positive attacking moves come down that right hand side as far as I can tell and he must be doing the job the manager requires for him to be in the line up. We secured Cabbelos for another season and Aubameyang signed on the doted line.

There is a process that Arteta has in place and a methodology which he adheres too and he is absolutely on the right track. We will have real highs like the two cup wins and the performances against Man U, away and in the recent past against ManCity and Liverpool when he made Guardiola curl up in the foetal position and then the s**t that was Aston Villa at home.

He IS bringing back the mongrel to our side that was lost during the latter Wenger years and which Wenger had inherited when he came to the Arsenal. He is bringing in quality and getting what we already have to a much higher standard but we, as supporters, need to be patent.

Arteta is a sophisticated mongrel, a modern "old time coach" who will blend modern football with the viciousness required in the EPL, just like Wenger did except that the mongrel and the viciousness was already well established at The Arsenal when Wenger came and brought with him, the modern continental game with it's professionalism and emphasises on diet, discipline off the pitch and superior fitness. Arteta has inherited a soft, unfit, ill-disciplined, average squad. Give him time and he will become a legendary Arsenal manager. This is not FIFA computer game crap - it is real time football with real men and real time encumbrances to work through. He's starting from scratch.

What a shocking scoreline. I did not see the game but friends and colleagues have told me that it was as if the Arsenal players thought that all they had to do was to show up and they'd win.

I did see Arteta on the BBC yesterday taking total responsibility for the performance. Every player knows that they were the ones that let the coach and the guernsey/shirt down and with Arteta coming out and taking responsibility instead of firing both barrels at them publicly, he has, in effect, given them the opportunity to take responsibility for their insipid performance and those that respond positively have a future and those that don't, won't.

I defy anyone to say with certainty how his or her team will perform judging by how they are in the change rooms before a game but nevertheless, the buck stops with the coach no matter how unfair that is sometimes.

I really do feel that we need to be patient with this rebuild because that is exactly what we are undergoing at this club.

The processes are in place and they will be adhered to but they do take time. We have players at the club that will not be here after the next transfer window and the one after, at the latest. We will bring in new players but not half a dozen at a time and that's the way it should be. This time 'round we brought in Partey, Gabrial and Willian, who does get a lot of sh*t around here but most of the positive attacking moves come down that right hand side as far as I can tell and he must be doing the job the manager requires for him to be in the line up. We secured Cabbelos for another season and Aubameyang signed on the doted line.

There is a process that Arteta has in place and a methodology which he adheres too and he is absolutely on the right track. We will have real highs like the two cup wins and the performances against Man U, away and in the recent past against ManCity and Liverpool when he made Guardiola curl up in the foetal position and then the sh*t that was Aston Villa at home.

He IS bringing back the mongrel to our side that was lost during the latter Wenger years and which Wenger had inherited when he came to the Arsenal. He is bringing in quality and getting what we already have to a much higher standard but we, as supporters, need to be patent.

Arteta is a sophisticated mongrel, a modern "old time coach" who will blend modern football with the viciousness required in the EPL, just like Wenger did except that the mongrel and the viciousness was already well established at The Arsenal when Wenger came and brought with him, the modern continental game with it's professionalism and emphasises on diet, discipline off the pitch and superior fitness. Arteta has inherited a soft, unfit, ill-disciplined, average squad. Give him time and he will become a legendary Arsenal manager. This is not FIFA computer game crap - it is real time football with real men and real time encumbrances to work through. He's starting from scratch.

Given it's a project that will take time as you say which I agree with, do you think signing a 32 year old Willian on big wages was the right call ? Lots of key indicators this season show his output has more than halved in almost every key category, dribbles, passes into final 3rd etc. Maybe part of that is due to our current playing style at the moment rather than simply personal decline who knows. I know he was a free transfer but do you not think someone younger with more growth and ability to fit in with our project timeline would have been suitable ?

Elneny out as well. A few gaps in midfield to replace. On form, Willock deserves a start. Fully expecting Arteta to go with Ceballos and Xhaka though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back