Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does that apply to players that are leaving on a Bosman though? or only paid transfers?

Sucks though, but no point in dwelling on it. At his age I don't think its the money he wants, I think its those titles.

And say what you want about City, truth is they are better placed to land one before he retires.

Hopefully he'll bag an FA Cup win to go out with.

All transfers I believe, it's about protecting the integrity of the competition, leaving on a Bosman just means he doesn't need our permission to do it.

It's end of season for a bosman between clubs in the same country (or so I've read), so technically talks should not have happened yet.

Last edited:
http://news.arseblog.com/2014/05/ar...gnews+(Arseblog+News+-+the+Arsenal+news+site)

Shows how much Ozil brings to the team

69 - Özil led everyone in passes
48 - He was 41/48 in the West Brom final third, again leading all players. Podolski, Sagna, and Cazorla combined to complete 48 final 1/3 passes!
4 - Özil was 4/7 dribbles, 3 of his successful dribbles were in the West Brom final third and one was in the box (set up his shot)
4 - He created two shots for others, and took 2 shots himself
4 - Özil was 4/4 crosses 3 of which were corners
2 - Özil was 2/3 tackles – and I saw him sprinting back to cover for Sagna at least twice!
2 - He drew 2 fouls, one in a dangerous area for a free kick
1 - He had 2 turnovers, though, one which led to shot

Last nights game against WBA and the game against Newcastle were both top notch from Ozil. Yeah yeah rubbish teams or whatever, but you can only beat what's in front of you and everyone would be slagging the team off if it was 0-0.

Unfairly given s**t for someone still trying to adapt to a new team, new league and new country. Also missing a few players to take advantage of his creativity. Wenger needs to build a team around him and make him the focal point for Arsenal.

22 goals in all competitions for Giroud, very decent indeed.

I like Remy, good footballer and a pretty handy shot on goal. Not sure about his off field stuff from a year or two ago, was that sorted?

22 goals in all competitions for Giroud, very decent indeed.

I like Remy, good footballer and a pretty handy shot on goal. Not sure about his off field stuff from a year or two ago, was that sorted?

Sorted, case was dropped or dismissed, can't remember but he's clear.

Edit - i'm not against Remy coming in, I just expect us to have more than two fit forwards for an entire bloody season.

We currently have TGSTEL, Park something something, Giroud, Sanogo.

Out of those two are going and one needs to go on loan.

Remy gives us two. We really need at least 3.

Last edited:
giroud.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Szczesny keeps a cleansheet in the final game he will end the year with 17, the most cleansheets in the league.

That sounds like a positive out of this season! Serious question to all, does this statistic reflect his quality as a keeper?; the quality of our defenders?; or the combined quality of our defensive unit as a whole?

17 clean sheets is still impressive for the team. That's no goals conceded in just under half the league games played.

Petr Cech has 16, would anyone argue that he's an average keeper or that Chelsea have a bad defence?

mmmmmmmmm

Interesting interesting.

I couldn't care if they have to field their u21 team as long as we win!

Also interesting were Wenger's comments about Germany.

Swap between himself and Pep/Klopp wouldn't be too shabby ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back