FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching Night Manager, TV show based on a story written by John Le Carre.
Think I am hooked, BBC really do TV well.

I was in a minority here, but I thought this was wildly over-praised. I think the le Carre name attached to it had a lot to do with it, people had made their minds up it was going to be good before they'd watched it (see also, the last mini-series of Luther).

Don''t get wrong, it's worth seeing, but it's enjoyable tosh, really. If you had le Carre pegged as gritty reality, this-is-what-the-spy-game-is-really-like, well, this is closer to James Bond. The script is really ropey in places too. But an excellent cast carry it off very well.

I was in a minority here, but I thought this was wildly over-praised. I think the le Carre name attached to it had a lot to do with it, people had made their minds up it was going to be good before they'd watched it (see also, the last mini-series of Luther).

Don''t get wrong, it's worth seeing, but it's enjoyable tosh, really. If you had le Carre pegged as gritty reality, this-is-what-the-spy-game-is-really-like, well, this is closer to James Bond. The script is really ropey in places too. But an excellent cast carry it off very well.
Yes the casting and acting I thought was pretty good to start off with, it got a bit slow in the middle but I thought the end was well done.

Watched the first couple of Eps....terrifying reality.

First thoughts were considering where reality TV is at these days...

giphy.gif

You know there is a scene that you will see in an early episode that looks remarkably like Jerry Springeresque.

Wouldn't be surprised. Regardless, look interesting. :thumbsu:

Just finished watching the first episodes of two new TV shows.

The was first was "Marcella". I have to watch a couple more as it looks like it could be good but a bit all over the place for a first episode.:(
Female cop, left force to get married and have children, husband has left her for another woman, she is obsessed by an old case, goes back to her old job as another similar crime has been committed.

The other show looks a bit more promising - Undercover.
Female lawyer defending man on death row, gets a bit more complicated without giving too much away.

I'm not a big fan of Adrian Lester, so that put me off Undercover a bit. But I'll stick with it for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its in the first few Episodes...an obvious scene...let me know if you think the same.

Tater Tots?

The show is what it is, not massively indepth, but intriguing enough, was very easy to knock the full 6 eps over and be up to date.

Watched Game of Silence tonight. Didn't realise that this was based on a true story in Turkey and they had made a TV series of it in 2012.
Good cast and worth watching, I will.

I just finished it and I quite liked it. Definitely worth a watch.

Peaky Blinders. Very good series new season coming soon, I think May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back