FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This looks good.
Based on Kem Nunn’s novel, Chance is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on Eldon Chance (Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness. After an ill-advised decision regarding an alluring patient who may or may not be struggling with a multiple personality disorder, Chance finds himself in the crosshairs of her abusive spouse, who also happens to be a ruthless police detective. In over his head, Chance’s decent into the city’s shadowy underbelly, all while navigating the waters of a contentious divorce and the tribulations of his teenage daughter, soon spirals into an ever deepening exploration of one of mankind’s final frontiers — the shadowy, undiscovered country of the human mind.

BBC just started showing S2 of Aussie series The Code. I couldn't remember much about the first season. but it soon came back to me: Aspy hacker guy, and his unfeasibly hot girlfriend. Found the modish editing (text messages sprayed all over the screen, time-delay camerawork etc) a bit annoying. Thought it only OK, really, nowhere near the same standard as the Scandi drama series it replaced in the Saturday night slot. What did youse guys think?

BBC just started showing S2 of Aussie series The Code. I couldn't remember much about the first season. but it soon came back to me: Aspy hacker guy, and his unfeasibly hot girlfriend. Found the modish editing (text messages sprayed all over the screen, time-delay camerawork etc) a bit annoying. Thought it only OK, really, nowhere near the same standard as the Scandi drama series it replaced in the Saturday night slot. What did youse guys think?
I actually quite enjoyed it, acting and storyline were good.

Yeah, it was 'good enough to watch' (as is is the current series), and I was comparing it to the very best of TV, IMO, to be fair.

This looks good.
Based on Kem Nunn’s novel, Chance is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on Eldon Chance (Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness. After an ill-advised decision regarding an alluring patient who may or may not be struggling with a multiple personality disorder, Chance finds himself in the crosshairs of her abusive spouse, who also happens to be a ruthless police detective. In over his head, Chance’s decent into the city’s shadowy underbelly, all while navigating the waters of a contentious divorce and the tribulations of his teenage daughter, soon spirals into an ever deepening exploration of one of mankind’s final frontiers — the shadowy, undiscovered country of the human mind.

Gretchen Mol... must be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian Ninja Warrior (hosted by Rebecca Maddern) is coming. Guess we'll wait and see who are the commentators, and if/how the obstacles are dumbed down.
If it's anything similar to American Ninja Warrior, it will be a training camp style show where the top few get their shot at the real thing in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back