FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought the same thing. Bit disappointing.

End up watching it? Was a tad cringey and pretty much what I was hoping it wasn't but ended up being.

Ex Marine's wife already in, now a Season 2 :$

End up watching it? Was a tad cringey and pretty much what I was hoping it wasn't but ended up being.

Ex Marine's wife already in, now a Season 2 :$

Yep, watched it yesterday. Was hoping they'd stick it to Robert a bit more than they did but can understand them not wanting to waste their breath on him.

That surprised me considering she has a criminal history and has been in jail for real before.

Westworld from HBO is still to debut this year. Given they apparently had to stop filming for a couple months to rewrite stuff, and it's approaching 2 years since they filmed the pilot, I wonder if it won't be that good.

Loosely based on the 1973 movie of the same name (good movie, worth watching)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

two episodes in and it's great one of the best things Espn 30 for 30 has done

I watched the third episode last night. It's very compelling.

There's an article in, of all places, The Age sports pages today about the series.

I didn't realise quite how huge OJ was. And while being aware of it, didn;t realise the depths of social division in LA at the time either.

Looking forward to the last 2 episodes.

I watched the third episode last night. It's very compelling.

There's an article in, of all places, The Age sports pages today about the series.

I didn't realise quite how huge OJ was. And while being aware of it, didn;t realise the depths of social division in LA at the time either.

Looking forward to the last 2 episodes.
A lot of stuff about his personal life like about his Dad i never knew. Also i'm aware of some of his achievements and know he was famous and aware he was a legendary football player and that he had this incredible charisma but he really was an icon and symbol of the time.
So much about it is racially driven, even a lot of the interviewees come across so prejudiced without knowing they are. Just fascinating how you put OJ and his selfish and ambivalent personality and ego in that LA racial climate and that dichotomy just gripping. The man who divided America couldn't care less about the people.

A lot of stuff about his personal life like about his Dad i never knew. Also i'm aware of some of his achievements and know he was famous and aware he was a legendary football player and that he had this incredible charisma but he really was an icon and symbol of the time.
So much about it is racially driven, even a lot of the interviewees come across so prejudiced without knowing they are. Just fascinating how you put OJ and his selfish and ambivalent personality and ego in that LA racial climate and that dichotomy just gripping. The man who divided America couldn't care less about the people.

You're right re his football career. I just thought he was someone whu had had a NFL career and now did celebrity-like stuff, including bad acting. Didn;t realise how decoratd and big he was as a football player, nor the charimsa and depths of affection people had for him.

Total narcicist too. And how he managed to negate/hide from his own race for his own gain. In epiosde 3 after the Bronco chase, and I never reaised that mobs gathered outside his house, there was a large coloured crowd there to offer him support. OJ, after he handed himself over to the cops said, "what's with all the nuggers doing here"

Quite telling really.

Westworld from HBO is still to debut this year. Given they apparently had to stop filming for a couple months to rewrite stuff, and it's approaching 2 years since they filmed the pilot, I wonder if it won't be that good.

Loosely based on the 1973 movie of the same name (good movie, worth watching)

I watched the movie as a teenager and loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back