Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's trying haha...

I’m sure Todd can change the stats somehow lol

Have to say how good is Jelena as a commentator, close to the best one out there

Alcaraz way too good for Ruud as expected.

So at the end of the year for grand slams we have Nadal x 2, Djokovic and Alcaraz.

Definitely Nadal's year, although Djokovic missing half the slams (due to his own decisions mind you).

Is 2023 the year we finally see the transition away from the big 3 era? With the newfound confidence from winning a slam I can see Alcaraz beating Nadal at RG. Wimbledon I still think Djokovic is fairly better than the field on grass. Then hard cour slams I think there's quite a few that could possibly win it.

Ok I haven't posted for the week been watching tennis after work and didn't want to come online. For me Nick will never win a grand slam due to no coach, no game plan, headcase. I think he is fit enough. Definitely needs to drop doubles I think that is the reason why he didn't win his quarter final match, too tired.
Alcalraz man I am beginning to love watching him play he is so physical and his positive attitude.
Same with Swiatek you can see the her mind working and she brings the physicality as well. Such a deserving No. 1 player and she embraces it full heartedly.
Agree on Dokic her commentary is first class and I think she would make a fabulous coach to an up and coming player with her knowledge, experience and personality.
The tournament was pretty good better than last year. Crowd wasn't too bad overall. Looking forward to having Novak back in Australia next year he will be so motivated.

Swiatek is being greatly under-rated - 55-7 record for the year with two Grand Slams and five other tournaments - Alcaraz or Ruud being number one is a product of some top players being denied the right to play tournaments in 2022.

Last edited:
Alcaraz way too good for Ruud as expected.

So at the end of the year for grand slams we have Nadal x 2, Djokovic and Alcaraz.

Definitely Nadal's year, although Djokovic missing half the slams (due to his own decisions mind you).

Is 2023 the year we finally see the transition away from the big 3 era? With the newfound confidence from winning a slam I can see Alcaraz beating Nadal at RG. Wimbledon I still think Djokovic is fairly better than the field on grass. Then hard cour slams I think there's quite a few that could possibly win it.

2023 will be the year we see Djokovic level Nadal at a minimum, reckon he wins Wimbledon + one of the HC slams.

Alcaraz a star and a deserving Grand Slam winner.

Shame for Nick he was playing well and this tournament was a huge opportunity for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back