Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
It is time for the last of the slams and the last tournament for Serena Williams. That will dominate the headlines in the first couple of days. This week however might be dominated by Novak and vaccines talk. Hey, Why not end the year how we started? At this stage, Novak can not complete at this stage. In saying that, the rules are beginning to relax. it could be a very close run thing whether they relax in time. August 25 is the date of the draw.

so, who are favourites? On both sides, there is no stand-out player. On the mens side, Novak is favourite despite the fact he has had no warm-up events and cant arrive in the US at this stage.......Medvedev is 2nd and has a tournament and a semi-final win in the US summer series so a clear 2nd. Nadal has played one, lost one, but such is the respect of the big 3, they could turn up in a wheelchair and still be fav in some matches. For me, a non-big 3 player will win, probably Medvedev. I do think you need some match practice at least on top of the fact Novak is not even in the country atm. Sasha is still out injured and just withdrew sadly. Perhaps the next gen in Carlos Alcaraz. Ausses-wise, I think Nick will enjoy the big stage, has a tournament win under his belt but must be running on fumes and won't be a threat.

Girl wise, dart board, pick 22 names, throw a dart and that will be the winner. Swiatek's form has been a bit iffy since her french open win but she is still fav for the tournament. Halep has the best form. I wish i could say anything but this time last year, a WC(or was it a Q) won so, perhaps we need a bigger darts board. Aussie wise, without barty, we dont have a threat. Ajla has continued her career-best form to make the quarters of Cinci but yeah.....

btw, the 2nd seed, Anett Kontaveit, is a long long shot to win, such is the openness of the womens game atm. I think(throws a dart) Kasatkina will win.....

Girl wise, dart board, pick 22 names, throw a dart and that will be the winner. Swiatek's form has been a bit iffy since her french open win but she is still fav for the tournament. Halep has the best form. I wish i could say anything but this time last year, a WC(or was it a Q) won so, perhaps we need a bigger darts board. Aussie wise, without barty, we dont have a threat. Ajla has continued her career-best form to make the quarters of Cinci but yeah.....

I was going through the form of all the girls at the top of the market and Halep was about the only one that had any form at all. She has a terrible record at the US open though which I suppose you would put down to the court speed, it is usually the quickest slam surface (at least since they slowed Wimbledon down for the Fedal match ups).

Girl wise, dart board, pick 22 names, throw a dart and that will be the winner.

Last year proved that you may as well say 128 names...

Also just a note that this will be on Nine/Stan for the first time. Better for coverage but I do like ESPN USA"s coverage for the feel of the event. Some of the world feed US Open commentators are freaking awful. It's on 9GEM from 1am-1pm every day

I was going through the form of all the girls at the top of the market and Halep was about the only one that had any form at all. She has a terrible record at the US open though which I suppose you would put down to the court speed, it is usually the quickest slam surface (at least since they slowed Wimbledon down for the Fedal match ups).
I thought the US Open was one of the slowest or has that changed? You think something like this would be shown with actual court ratings? and be consistent. I just had a quick look and it is a mess of conflicting information.

I think it is very weather dependent. A very humid NY and a closed roof can make it a slog in which only the fittest of players could survive. Aussie Open has dry heat which can make it faster. And then there are the balls, which also differ. Ash Barty could never win the US Open because of the balls, as Craig Tyzzer once stated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also made it to the Wimbledon final this year so there's that too.

With the easiest draw imaginable sure. Doesn’t have the conditioning or the temperament to last the tournament

Djokovic withdrew before the draw took place.

An utter disgrace that one of the best of all time cannot compete in another slam. Who gives a s**t about covid anymore.
Yeah, it's a bit insane.

Some bizarre match ups for the Aussies. Rinky playing Rafa is just lol. Hope he enjoys getting murdered

An utter disgrace that one of the best of all time cannot compete in another slam. Who gives a s**t about covid anymore.

It ain't about science anyways, just all political bullshit.

Anyways onto the tennis, tough draw for Nick and a fairly gravy draw for Rafa.

I am just glad that there is no special exemption for him.

If those are the rules to enter, everyone should be the same. Now, should there be a rule to enter the USA...........I dont see why tbh when it is everywhere.

I have gone off topic, so please ignore this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back