• Rublev in 4

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Rublev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the new daily thread.

Can relate to the thoughts of not caring if aussies win, I think I want the Australian media and tennis coverage to be humbled more than the players.
Nothing against Alex but a lot share the opinion that his peak is a Masters final, potential Grand Slam QF, SF

Best chance was the Wimbledon where they banned half the field (where Kyrigos made the final). That was his chance to make a final.

Can relate to the thoughts of not caring if aussies win, I think I want the Australian media and tennis coverage to be humbled more than the players.
Nothing against Alex but a lot share the opinion that his peak is a Masters final, potential Grand Slam QF, SF
Aussie media have nothing to be cocky about!

Massive call. I'd love for Sinner to do it. Alcaraz v Sinner is my dream final but honestly no one is beating Novak. After today I've officially resigned to it.

Today was always going to happen.

Mannarino the type of player to beat Shelton (who could defeat Novak) but then get destroyed Novak. All this guy has done is play 5 set matches. He was lucky to get to round 4 imo.

I was surprised with his presser last round. Mentioned how he is conserving energy until finals. Looked pretty flat to me for someone conserving. (Not really a bad thing but needs to adapt to 5 set matches).
I just think his game is too taxing. Some of his gets were amazing. In saying that, his instinct seemed to be safe. I loved his play in the 2nd and 3rd set. He was aggressive, taking the ball early and hitting winners. He missed a lot over the baseline but That showed intent.

He is a fantastic defender. But you got to give yourself a chance to get the ball back. Depth is great for that. You also will tire over time, lose a bit of leg speed. Maybe needs to build more craft. work on that slice and hit it on the run. He is a good net player, so maybe a short slice or drop shot to bring them forward and them lob them.

Today was always going to happen.

Mannarino the type of player to beat Shelton (who could defeat Novak) but then get destroyed Novak. All this guy has done is play 5 set matches. He was lucky to get to round 4 imo.
Agree, I knew Novak would win in straight sets. However, my God, the way he beat him up though, was brutal. For Sinner/Rublev to beat him, it would take their absolute best and everything to go right, plus alot of luck. His a bloody 🧱 and both would have to come up with a miracle game plan to combat it.

Demon our best and we are stuffed will never see a male win the aus open

Import some players from over seas give them what ever they want citizenship,money etc haha
Unfortunately, Bomber TA can't afford to bring in players from other countries. They loss the best 18 male to the French Tennis Federation last year due to one of his parent being French. FTA gave him a great deal. I posted a comment on General Tennis news. Currently his brother is still playing for Australia but you never know he may leave as well.

Best chance was the Wimbledon where they banned half the field (where Kyrigos made the final). That was his chance to make a final.
I don't think his game is suited to the grass.

Hardcourt is his best surface, playing a slower one like New York.

That was the GS with literally 5 of the top 20 seeds not participating. Also no Sabalenka and co, on the womens side. Ridiculous tournament that was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, Bomber TA can't afford to bring in players from other countries. They loss the best 18 male to the French Tennis Federation last year due to one of his parent being French. FTA gave him a great deal. I posted a comment on General Tennis news. Currently his brother is still playing for Australia but you never know he may leave as well.
Must do everything to keep him then haha

That was the GS with literally 5 of the top 20 seeds not participating. Also no Sabalenka and co, on the womens side. Ridiculous tournament that was.

Yep farcical tournament

I just think his game is too taxing. Some of his gets were amazing. In saying that, his instinct seemed to be safe. I loved his play in the 2nd and 3rd set. He was aggressive, taking the ball early and hitting winners. He missed a lot over the baseline but That showed intent.

He is a fantastic defender. But you got to give yourself a chance to get the ball back. Depth is great for that. You also will tire over time, lose a bit of leg speed. Maybe needs to build more craft. work on that slice and hit it on the run. He is a good net player, so maybe a short slice or drop shot to bring them forward and them lob them.
Nowhere near enough drop shots. Alcaraz pimps that shot nearly every rally.
Novak isn’t afraid to try it too.

I don't think his game is suited to the grass.

Hardcourt is his best surface, playing a slower one like New York.

He’s not getting through if he has to play any of the top 5-6 right now. They are panels better. I agree with you on grass, probably suits the US Open the most

Rafa needs to build an academy in Australia.

The reason we don’t have superb tennis players here are because our places are not well known or highly reputable.
Agree would even get Novak to open one here Tennis Australia must do something. other countries seem to a factorie of tennis players

How did Cruz Hewiit go is he any good?

I watched his match. Hes a longgggg way off it. Has an ok first serve at 185kms but has no weapons. I can tell hes trained at Rafas academy since he was rallying on a hard court like he was playing on clay however he made nearly 40 ufes while easily losing in two sets which is a crazy amount. He was probably nervous which is fair enough.

The guy he played against was much older but I dont think that guy will make it either. He had no weapons either and just won because of all the free points from ufes.

To make the top 100, you just need to be good at something. ie. Mannarino is a crafty player. De minaur has speed. Being a one trick pony will get you in but you are still no chance against the top players who have multiple weapons.

Rafa needs to build an academy in Australia.

The reason we don’t have superb tennis players here are because our places are not well known or highly reputable.
Funding.
USA fund tennis and golf to a ridiculous level.

Tennis Australia has always been in trouble finding wise. The government pay billions to limited national competitions such as AFL and NRL, and the rest get a spread. Just not good enough.

Agree with you on academies. There’s nothing here.

Yep.
Have to take advantage of rallies and try the killer shots.
Also needs to try diagonal/angle shots. Just doesn’t offer enough variety

Goes into his shell too often and goes very safe which can be okay but it shouldn’t be your first shot and definitely not when you are controlling the point.

Funding.
USA fund tennis and golf to a ridiculous level.

Tennis Australia has always been in trouble finding wise. The government pay billions to limited national competitions such as AFL and NRL, and the rest get a spread. Just not good enough.

Agree with you on academies. There’s nothing here.
Isn't Ash opening one here?

Back