Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rublev in 4

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Rublev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you followed his games leading into the AO and last year it wasn’t a draw I was happy with. Said it at the time Novak probably wins but it won’t be easy. Novak weirdly has his worst games against defensive players as he hits a truckload of UE’s,
Say what? I watch a lot of ATP but not challengers and that's exactly where his been. Infact he got belted in Canberra Challeger and Vienna Qualifers. He was hardly "in form".
I put it as getting Novak at the right time during his illness or whatever her had.

I don’t know. I’m just assuming organisers are not stupid enough to put Djokovic vs Mannarino in the night session rather than De Minaur vs Rublev which will be ratings gold for Channel 9 in prime time.

It’s a prediction of it all.
A bit harsh on Mannarino though. After 5 hrs on court you'd hope they would give him the extra hours break.
ADM played on JCA today. So there is still hope 🙏.
Rather watch Sinner aswell, anyday over Novak.

I don’t know. I’m just assuming organisers are not stupid enough to put Djokovic vs Mannarino in the night session rather than De Minaur vs Rublev which will be ratings gold for Channel 9 in prime time.
They might have both on at night one on RLA the other JCA like tonight.
Alex actually chose to play on JCA tonight as they said if you’re a top 10 player you get to choose the court you wanna play on. The commentators were mentioning it earlier tonight when Alex was playing

A bit harsh on Mannarino though. After 5 hrs on court you'd hope they would give him the extra hours break.
ADM played on JCA today. So there is still hope 🙏.
Rather watch Sinner aswell, anyday over Novak.

According to this article, De Minaur will be playing on Sunday night. Unsure how much they know and how accurate it is though

They might have both on at night one on RLA the other JCA like tonight.
Alex actually chose to play on JCA tonight as they said if you’re a top 10 player you get to choose the court you wanna play on. The commentators were mentioning it earlier tonight when Alex was playing

JCA is changing to day session only after tomorrow.

Also I think I read someone on here say that from Round 4, RLA will be the only court hosting a night session.

It is in 5 sets in boiling sun..I think it’s actually hotter on court too

I remember sitting in the crowd and feeling sweaty and hot on a 32 degree day and that’s in the shade lol

It’s warm yes but we’ve had plenty high 30 to early 40 degree days in the past

hopefully storm can get this to a tie break if she cant break her. fancy her in a TB

If Alex plays day though, Djokovic will play at night and regardless of who he plays, he will win it. Need this next one to be a night match for Alex.
Phil Taylor syndrome back in the day if anyone gets the reference.

--

Might have to go back on Sunday for more tennis the way it's shaping up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie tennis question here...I've heard on the radio that De Minaur doesn't have the weapons to beat the very top players. In my head I can equate it to a batsman who has a couple of shots (although they can be very successful). What is he lacking that would make him more of a chance to win the likes of this tournament? Is it simply a lack of variety or also a lack of power?

Tennis Player Smile GIF by Tennis TV

Rookie tennis question here...I've heard on the radio that De Minaur doesn't have the weapons to beat the very top players. In my head I can equate it to a batsman who has a couple of shots (although they can be very successful). What is he lacking that would make him more of a chance to win the likes of this tournament? Is it simply a lack of variety or also a lack of power?

He has been better this year fractionally but he’l gets safe in his shots under pressure these top players hit winners on both wings and are prepared to miss.

In short Hewitt clones won’t win slams in today’s era.

Back