Vale Allen Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Great, great footballer. Shame not alot of video with him. Younger B.F.'ers would see a Champion in action.

View attachment 1509699

Probably my favourite anything North Melbourne photo.
There's the aylett room at Cazalys in Cairns. Right next to Barassis restaurant. Whoever built that place goes for the roos.

Good job old man

Regardless of opinions on club strategy, he was always an absolute gentleman to speak to.

Didn't disappear and sulk when the GC didn't happen either, stayed involved.

Fantastic role model for setting high goals and putting in your all no matter the vocation. Dentist, club champion, inaugural premiership president, league president. Iirc from his biography, quite humble beginnings.

Sad news. Thoughts with his family.

A North warrior, put his own money into the club to get the players under the ten year rule.
I believe he mortgaged his own home. I am glad he was around long enough to see us start to right the ship.

Never met him, but by crikey I think I loved him.
Sad day but this man left his mark on our great club.

Vale Doc

His book sits proudly in my North row of books; a brilliant read of how he dragged the VFL into the modern era we enjoy today is testimony to the visionary he was.

Were he from one of the big clubs it would be front page news tomorrow.

Vale Allen, you have left a legacy that will last generations.

RIP Doc Aylett. A giant of the North Melbourne Football Club and the VFL/AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forerver a Shinboner, Allen. Rest.

R.84f34424df4600e6415d148f9482f31e

Forerver a Shinboner, Allen. Rest.

R.84f34424df4600e6415d148f9482f31e

My late Kensington raised grandma, who was responsible for me following North from birth, had this pic framed on a wall at her place. It intrigued me and whenever she saw me staring at it she’d tell me he was the best player she ever saw represent North. With that ingrained in me I was thrilled when he took over the helm of the VFL as we seemed to play in every grand final. Twas a great decade to follow North, the 70’s, and Doc played his part in that.

Vale Doc and sincere condolences to the Rick and the Aylett family.

back in 2006, i (along with my father) met him when North played in Los Angeles (along with Ron Barassi). at the morning of the game, there was a breakfest a restaurant (which was by the way at one point a recording studio, the same place where The Doors record LA Woman) he came by my table and we talked a few minutes. one of the things he said was we won the flag in 1998. i said, no it was 1999. his look was, damn he right.

Great, great footballer. Shame not alot of video with him. Younger B.F.'ers would see a Champion in action.

View attachment 1509699

Probably my favourite anything North Melbourne photo.
I’m quite drunk, but this photo has me in tears. And it’s not the first time I’ve seen it today. You can see the passion there. Love it.

My late Kensington raised grandma, who was responsible for me following North from birth, had this pic framed on a wall at her place. It intrigued me and whenever she saw me staring at it she’d tell me he was the best player she ever saw represent North. With that ingrained in me I was thrilled when he took over the helm of the VFL as we seemed to play in every grand final. Twas a great decade to follow North, the 70’s, and Doc played his part in that.

Vale Doc and sincere condolences to the Rick and the Aylett family.
A beautiful memory to have. Thanks for sharing.

Vale king. Thank you for paving the way for the club I love so much. Rest easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back