Vale Catman

Remove this Banner Ad

TV is pretty sh*t in general. Only thing on the telly worth watching is footy, and I use Kayo for that now.
Laughing my **** off at your av. About to bump Curtis' thread in celebration.

Wonder what went through his mind everytime he looked in the mirror with the outfit and face paint on.

Reckon one day he said, I'm a grown man, the fu** am I doing?

Honestly why does it matter? How does it effect you? Are you paying him? I never thought about it until this post. Don't let these things into your life.

Unfortunately the "flag gate" saga didn't end. For a few years Troy and friends enjoyed waving the big flags and giving the Cheer Squad more color. Unfortunately someone discovered that whilst the AFL changed the rules about flag size, they forgot to change the rules about (flag) pole size. This was still set at 32mm diameter. Mr Committeeman raced home to get his tape measure and quickly discovered that Troy's poles were too big. He argued that 32mm was way to thin to support a large flag without breaking, but they wouldn't budge. However Troy was able to outsmart them. Whilst wooden poles would snap under the weight, he experimented and found that, due to it's flexibility, plastic electrical tubing was able withstand the vigor of waving large flags. So Troy went to Bunnings and bought heaps of 32mm electrical tubing, it even had 32mm marked on the side. He replaced all the wooden poles with the 32mm tubes. He even invented a way of sliding the tubes inside each other in a telescope way and make them easier to carry after the game. Things went well until someone tipped off a committee person that 32mm refers to the inside space in the tube, not the outside. Mr Committeeman raced back home to get his tape measure, grabbed one of Troy's flags and delightedly told Troy that the "outside" diameter of the poles is actually 40mm and were therefore too big. It was from there that things started turning really ugly. No wonder he got sick of all the sh*te happening in the Cheer Squad.
How empty some people's lives are that they need to exert what small amount of power they have been afforded. Don't you agree zackah?

~braces for ban~

I met Catman, standing outside the MCG on Grand Final Day in 2009, before the match started. I was with a group of Saints supporters. He was very nice and happy to pose for a photo with us. I thought his get-up added a bit of colour to the day. It's a bit sad that we tear down people who are different. We need more characters, not less, in this world.
Well said Catman. :thumbsu:

PS, do you think we need more or less dwarfs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m waiting for the next installment of the flag pole saga. This is almost as good as the Handforth Parish council meeting.

The only other "flag gate" update I've heard is that they put a ban on the telescopic poles the slided inside each other. So one of Troy's friend has come up with a design where the two poles screw together. It has only had limited success.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Catman will shock the AFL world by starting a rogue cheer squad.

Geelong have had a rogue cheer squad for years. They normally hang out in standing areas such as the Gary Ablett terrace or section M4 at the MCG.
A couple of years ago they got the whole lower level behind the goals at Marvels Stadium clapping along to the tune of "Just can't get Enough".
They have no problems drowning out the "official" cheer squad.

Here's one of my favourites.

Last edited:
How empty some people's lives are that they need to exert what small amount of power they have been afforded. Don't you agree zackah?

~braces for ban~
I simply teach people the error of their ways friend.

A second coming, if you will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back