VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

4 games broadcast a week, yeah?

Round 1 had 3 northern states sides feature to 5 Victorian
Round 2 has 2 northern states to 6 Victorian

Of course Victorian tems are going to get more broadcast, and it has nothing to do with "Vicbias". 70% of the teams are Victorian.

4 games broadcast a week, yeah?

Round 1 had 3 northern states sides feature to 5 Victorian
Round 2 has 2 northern states to 6 Victorian

Of course Victorian tems are going to get more broadcast, and it has nothing to do with "Vicbias". 70% of the teams are Victorian.
There is two matches broadcast by Seven (one on 7plus).. there should be ONE VICTORIAN and ONE NSW/QLD. That is the only fairest option

There is two matches broadcast by Seven (one on 7plus).. there should be ONE VICTORIAN and ONE NSW/QLD. That is the only fairest option
So you want 50% representation on FTA with 30% representation in the league. Gotcha

So you want 50% representation on FTA with 30% representation in the league. Gotcha
What I am saying is that it needs to be fair. Everything about this league screams vic bias. It started with the name not incorporating the NSW and QLD teams. There is two games produced by Seven each week. Even if they had the televised game a Victorian based game, they could at least do the 7plus game an interstate game. By saying interstate I don't mean it needs to have two interstate teams. It could be for example a Southport v Port Melbourne game. In the same way, the Victorian based game televised does not need to have two Victorian teams each week. I would have thought people would just accept the interstate teams into the league but everyone from the league down aren't!

What I am saying is that it needs to be fair. Everything about this league screams vic bias. It started with the name not incorporating the NSW and QLD teams. There is two games produced by Seven each week. Even if they had the televised game a Victorian based game, they could at least do the 7plus game an interstate game. By saying interstate I don't mean it needs to have two interstate teams. It could be for example a Southport v Port Melbourne game. In the same way, the Victorian based game televised does not need to have two Victorian teams each week. I would have thought people would just accept the interstate teams into the league but everyone from the league down aren't!
The league is made up of 70% Victorian teams and 30% northern teams. I think the broadcast on television should reflect that, which it has so far.

not on Channel Seven it has. There have been solely Victorian teams on Seven or 7plus

Are matches even being broadcast on Channel 7 in NSW and Qld?

I think you have to be realistic about this. An even distribution of matches across Vic, NSW and Qld is not likely to be forefront of mind at Channel 7 (or Fox). I assume they pay either little or nothing for broadcast rights - possibly just covering production costs. They're going to want some assurance that the matches they broadcast are the higher rating ones: Port Melbourne v Carlton will ultimately rate better than (say) Southport v GWS. I appreciate the idea of showing NSW games in NSW (as they do with AFL matches), but that would mean wearing the production costs of additional matches, which broadcasters won't be interested in doing. I also doubt that Channel 7/Fox are even set up to cover matches at some of the venues in NSW and Qld (e.g. Tramway Oval).

Are matches even being broadcast on Channel 7 in NSW and Qld?

I think you have to be realistic about this. An even distribution of matches across Vic, NSW and Qld is not likely to be forefront of mind at Channel 7 (or Fox). I assume they pay either little or nothing for broadcast rights - possibly just covering production costs. They're going to want some assurance that the matches they broadcast are the higher rating ones: Port Melbourne v Carlton will ultimately rate better than (say) Southport v GWS. I appreciate the idea of showing NSW games in NSW (as they do with AFL matches), but that would mean wearing the production costs of additional matches, which broadcasters won't be interested in doing. I also doubt that Channel 7/Fox are even set up to cover matches at some of the venues in NSW and Qld (e.g. Tramway Oval).
Look, I'm a Suns member in Victoria and I am sick and tired of being snubbed! I've literally had enough. It doesn't matter if it is AFL, AFLW or VFL.. the broadcasters continue to snub us!

Just tuned into the FoxFooty coverage of the VFL game tonight and it is wonderful. I was worried it’d be low budget and low effort but it seems identical to an AFL broadcast

Thought the same thing. I was expecting the usual quality that Seven provides and the backup commentators but they've rolled out the firsts in the commentary box and the production is in HD.

I'm a fan.

Great to watch some VFL, although it is sad to see Jesse Hogan jogging around on this stage.
Why sad to see, the guy is trying to push for an AFL start after the ups and downs he has had, reckon it’s actually great to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to watch some VFL, although it is sad to see Jesse Hogan jogging around on this stage.
You'd have to think he'll end up playing for the Giants' AFL side next week. They'll need him for the Crows clash.

Not the most thrilling day of footy, few decent efforts across the comp. Southport look the goods.

Long year ahead for the Bullants.

Not the most thrilling day of footy, few decent efforts across the comp. Southport look the goods.

Long year ahead for the Bullants.
Aspley today were smashed by Southport, should of been 8 goals down at halftime. 14.25 lucky we kicked straight 15.5. Off to Frankston next Saturday night we go !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back