VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Knevitt 16 touches last week.
Knevitt 16 touches this week.

Was hoping for more at this level to be honest coming into his 4th season.
I get the feeling from him that his game will translate to AFL level better than VFL

This is based also off nothing more than gut feel

Sad to see Hardie fade again, definitely his biggest weekness last year.
It's bit hard where he played on ball the 1st half but the start of the 2nd half he wasn't in there no where near as much.. must be something to so with coaching and playing other players in the midfield

Correcto 3rd season for Knevitt (my bad).

I gotta say… that makes a big difference.

He has something about him… just want him to take a game by the scruff, but I don’t know if has much killer instinct.

I expect him to be on the list for a while though, so he will be given time to get the most out of himself.

Knevitt 16 touches last week.
Knevitt 16 touches this week.

Was hoping for more at this level to be honest coming into his 4th season.
Sounds increasingly like he won’t make it. Players of his type need to be getting stacks of the ball at this level to translate to AFL.

He has something about him… just want him to take a game by the scruff, but I don’t know if has much killer instinct.

I expect him to be on the list for a while though, so he will be given time to get the most out of himself.
I think he will be a very good AFL player for the Cats. But not sure he is “the man” as it were in terms of dominating. He will use his height and (still to come) strength to be an important part of the long term mid field. Not sure he will ever be an accumulator though. He doesn’t seem like he wants to handball and get back etc. just get the ball once and get it to advantage.

As you say 3rd year makes a difference and even if he spends most of the year in VFL I suspect he will start to go past some midfielders on our list over next 18 months

Foster’s done some good things today. Definitely has the tools and a footy brain.

Definitely good skills. Id like to see more aggression from him though.

Ditto neale although neale was a bit better in that regard today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling from him that his game will translate to AFL level better than VFL

This is based also off nothing more than gut feel

I agree.

His weapons are his running power and overhead marking. I think he’d be better suited to the bigger grounds at AFL level. But he does need to find more ball at the contest too.

It's bit hard where he played on ball the 1st half but the start of the 2nd half he wasn't in there no where near as much.. must be something to so with coaching and playing other players in the midfield
Oh OK, glad to hear it. I switched from watching to listening at half time so I just noticed that I wasn’t hearing his name anymore.

No, they do - because the bench is bigger.

I also theorise that because there is less pressure, players kick more
Irrelevant twaddle.

If you're good enough you dominate VFL level.
Using 'less stats' in VFL to excuse b2b 16 touches is a cop out.

NM v Carl VFL - 9 combined AFL players 20+
BL v COll - 10
Gee v BH - 5. Two from GFC.
Casey v Foot - 7
Sand v Coll - 9
GCS v Rich - 14 (5 over 30)
Foot v GWS - 8
Casey v BH - 11
Gee v Werr (non afl) - 1

Good young AFL listed players are attaining the relatively low bar of 20 touches routinely at other clubs.
We've had 3 in 2 games and 2 of those 3 are Hardie. No more excuses. 16 and 16 is not productive enough for an AFL listed midfielder.

Irrelevant twaddle.

If you're good enough you dominate VFL level.
Using 'less stats' in VFL to excuse b2b 16 touches is a cop out.

NM v Carl VFL - 9 combined AFL players 20+
BL v COll - 10
Gee v BH - 5. Two from GFC.
Casey v Foot - 7
Sand v Coll - 9
GCS v Rich - 14 (5 over 30)
Foot v GWS - 8
Casey v BH - 11
Gee v Werr (non afl) - 1

Good young AFL listed players are attaining the relatively low bar of 20 touches routinely at other clubs.
We've had 3 in 2 games and 2 of those 3 are Hardie. No more excuses. 16 and 16 is not productive enough for an AFL listed midfielder.

Who gives a f*** about possession count? Matt Crouch (37) and Laird (29) dominated the possession count last week and had no impact.

Good on Gold Coast & Hawthorn for dominating the VFL, how are their ones going?

I see him running up and down the fat side wing blocking space annoying everyone who disliked early career Blicavs, You don't need to win much of the ball to do that
If that was all Blicavs could do he wouldn’t have made it this far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back