Review VFLW round 3, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v St Kilda Sharks, 27 May 2017, 11am @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The VFL Women's Box Hill Hawks host their second home game on the trot against St Kilda Sharks from 11am Saturday week. The Sharks are one of the more successful teams in last year's competition (finishing second behind undefeated premiers Darebin) so we can probably expect more pain for the Hawks tomorrow.

Last edited:
Link to the team for this week - http://boxhillhawks.com.au/teams-vflw-round-3/

Match starts at 11am at Box Hill.

The Coodabeens will be at Box Hill City Oval doing their show from 10am.

Also, RSN Carnival digital radio (plus via [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.]) will be calling the match as well, on-air from 10am.

Saw a bit of this match this morning, some of the second quarter and also the third quarter. They didn't do too badly when I was watching, kicked a couple of goals and outscored the Sharks in the third quarter. The first thing I saw though was an almighty head clash between two of the Box Hill girls, one left the field holding her nose the other her head... blood everywhere! Hope they are both OK. Standard not that great but they are steadily improving that's for sure.

Box Hill 5.4.34
Sharks 10.13.73
That's encouraging, building, and kicking a reasonable is a start.
I can remember in my early days of following the Hawks when wins were non existent, and we got some pain relief from the smallest things, like not being the lowest score for the round, or kicking the highest losing score. Well, if we couldn't have found some positives from all the losses, I surely would have changed clubs at the end of 1950. However, those small facts slowly grew into wins, first a few, then in 1957 enough to make out first finals appearance.
This is how your Big Brothers started, and look at them now, the most successful club in my lifetime.
The challenge is in front of you girls, so go for it, a win is just around the corner.
Good luck for your next encounter.

That's encouraging, building, and kicking a reasonable is a start.
I can remember in my early days of following the Hawks when wins were non existent, and we got some pain relief from the smallest things, like not being the lowest score for the round, or kicking the highest losing score. Well, if we couldn't have found some positives from all the losses, I surely would have changed clubs at the end of 1950. However, those small facts slowly grew into wins, first a few, then in 1957 enough to make out first finals appearance.
This is how your Big Brothers started, and look at them now, the most successful club in my lifetime.
The challenge is in front of you girls, so go for it, a win is just around the corner.
Good luck for your next encounter.
That why I respect the old timers like yourself Thai (excuse the old hehehe.)
Us who like myself growing up in the 80's have been blessed beyond all comprehension.
Like the book we've done it the hard way but I feel that makes you appreciate all the more.

That why I respect the old timers like yourself Thai (excuse the old hehehe.)
Us who like myself growing up in the 80's have been blessed beyond all comprehension.
Like the book we've done it the hard way but I feel that makes you appreciate all the more.

Thanks Verhawk. I have a son, who I used to take to the footy in the late 70s and 80s, before his mother took off with him to Perth. Proud to say he, his two sons and daughter are all one eyed Hawthorn. They even converted their Perth mother to Hawthorn.
I am now signing up some Thai support and following for the Brow and Gold.

Thanks Verhawk. I have a son, who I used to take to the footy in the late 70s and 80s, before his mother took off with him to Perth. Proud to say he, his two sons and daughter are all one eyed Hawthorn. They even converted their Perth mother to Hawthorn.
I am now signing up some Thai support and following for the Brow and Gold.
Your welcome Thai.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back