State of Origin Vic Country | Official Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re also very open to suggestions for home grounds to play at - we have such good diversity of areas available. We played at Manangatang a couple of tournaments ago, so I’ve had my turn.
I'm biased but I'd love a game somewhere like Leongatha, Yinnar, Yallourn, Neerim South, maybe even Tooradin or Alberton West since Mobbs likes the old DWWWW team name.

qeo4.jpg
qeo5.jpg
qeo4.jpg

Bendigo is just over an hour away so it's not my home ground at all, but the Queen Elizabeth Oval in Bendigo is a beauty!!
qeo5.jpg

I’m going to prioritise people who have posted in here for decent on-ground spots.

We’re also very open to suggestions for home grounds to play at - we have such good diversity of areas available. We played at Manangatang a couple of tournaments ago, so I’ve had my turn.
Freeman Reserve, Paynesville

Because taking teams to Paynesville is what we’re about!

Although I have an idea, and I'll find some pics.

As you all will remember last year, we were hit with some really, really shithouse floods in North Central Vic, and a town about 40 minutes away was absolutely devastated.

There are still people living in caravans in Rochester. (Rochester Tigers, GVFL)

I think it would be a great gesture if we took the rep games to town to give the locals something to cheer about.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callums_Guns I think this was it - it's a concrete cricket pitch that signifies where the Campbelltown ground used to be. Can't remember the name of the guy who put me onto this but I believe he was off coaching Glenthompson-Dunkeld sometime a few years back. Got him squirreled away on Facebook somewhere.

campbelltownmaybe.jpg

Campbelltown Football Club (Vic)

Timeline :
1929 - Smeaton JFA Grand Final : Smeaton 7.9.51 defeated Campbelltown 4.5.29.
1930 - Smeaton JFA : Campbelltown's final season in this league.
1931 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown commenced.
1932-34 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown participated.
1936-37 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown participated.
1938 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown participated.
1939 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown's final season as a stand-alone club, for now.
1940 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown and Newstead merged to form Newstead-Campbelltown FC.
<-WW2 - Maryborough FL : Campbelltown fielded a team prior to the war. Bealiba travelled there 3 times to play them.
1947 - Maryborough FA : Campbelltown participated.
1948 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown participated.

Callums_Guns I think this was it - it's a concrete cricket pitch that signifies where the Campbelltown ground used to be. Can't remember the name of the guy who put me onto this but I believe he was off coaching Glenthompson-Dunkeld sometime a few years back. Got him squirreled away on Facebook somewhere.

View attachment 1724080

Campbelltown Football Club (Vic)

Timeline :
1929 - Smeaton JFA Grand Final : Smeaton 7.9.51 defeated Campbelltown 4.5.29.
1930 - Smeaton JFA : Campbelltown's final season in this league.
1931 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown commenced.
1932-34 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown participated.
1936-37 - Clunes FA : Campbelltown participated.
1938 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown participated.
1939 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown's final season as a stand-alone club, for now.
1940 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown and Newstead merged to form Newstead-Campbelltown FC.
<-WW2 - Maryborough FL : Campbelltown fielded a team prior to the war. Bealiba travelled there 3 times to play them.
1947 - Maryborough FA : Campbelltown participated.
1948 - Maryborough DFL : Campbelltown participated.
I know exactly who you are after I'll flick you a PM if you want his name. He went around finding all the old cricket grounds around the Maryborough area and some in the Western Vic area too.

I might have to go for a drive to Crowlands soon. No other reason than to take a photo of the oval.

For reference:
Red are where the goals should be
Yellow is where ClarkeM can sit an update the score
Green being the entrance into the water way
Blue the most important part where beer and hotdogs are served.

avoca.PNG

I know exactly who you are after I'll flick you a PM if you want his name. He went around finding all the old cricket grounds around the Maryborough area and some in the Western Vic area too.
Nah thanks anyway but I am sure I'll notice him again in my FB feed one day.

I might have to go for a drive to Crowlands soon. No other reason than to take a photo of the oval.
I don't think you have any choice! Please do an entire David Attenborough style vlog of both ovals at Crowlands.

I don't think you have any choice! Please do an entire David Attenborough style vlog of both ovals at Crowlands.
I'm at home by myself Friday might be a quick trip out. Coincide with a baby nap and its a win win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back