U18 Champs Victoria Metro vs Victoria Country, Marvel Stadium, Thursday September 22 @ 12.35pm (Free Entry)

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams:

VICTORIA METRO​

#NAMESURNAMEDOBNAB LEAGUE PROGRAMCOMMUNITY CLUB
3NickWatson24-02-05Eastern RangesEast Ringwood
4KaiWindsor27-01-04Eastern RangesSouth Belgrave
5AlwynDavey26-02-04Oakleigh ChargersAshburton
7OlliHotton06-09-04Sandringham DragonsHampton Rovers
8BlakeDrury11-01-04Oakleigh ChargersVermont
10WillAshcroft06-05-04Sandringham DragonsOld Brighton Grammarians
11CharlieClarke04-01-04Sandringham DragonsPort Melbourne Colts
12PaulPascu20-08-04Calder CannonsOak Park
13CooperHarvey12-07-04Northern KnightsYarrambat
14DarcyEdmends28-05-04Northern KnightsHeidelberg
15HarrySheezel13-10-04Sandringham DragonsAjax
16RyePenny01-03-04Calder CannonsGisborne
17BaileyMacdonald04-08-04Oakleigh ChargersSurrey Park
19JakobAnderson12-09-04Sandringham DragonsOld Haileybury
22CameronMackenzie21-01-04Sandringham DragonsBeaumaris
23ElijahTsatas18-10-04Oakleigh ChargersSurrey Park
26LukeTeal20-05-04Oakleigh ChargersGlen Iris
28JoshWeddle25-05-04Oakleigh ChargersEltham
30MatthewJefferson08-03-04Oakleigh ChargersAshburton
32JovanPetric17-04-04Western JetsKeilor
34MaxGruzewski21-07-04Oakleigh ChargersCaulfield Grammar
35LewisHayes17-12-04Eastern RangesLysterfield
39HudsonO'Keeffe16-12-04Oakleigh ChargersCamberwell
EMERGENCIES
20BenHempel07-06-04Sandringham DragonsMordialloc Braeside
25YuAshwin12-07-04Oakleigh ChargersBlackburn
31ClayTucker09-08-04Eastern RangesRowville
33JeromeLawrence18-07-03Oakleigh ChargersBlackburn

VICTORIA COUNTRY​

#NAMESURNAMEDOBNAB LEAGUE PROGRAMCOMMUNITY CLUB
2MitchSzybkowski09-01-04Dandenong StingraysBeaconsfield
3HarveyGallagher26-09-03Bendigo PioneersSandhurst
4JaxonBinns29-10-04Dandenong StingraysBerwick
5JhyeClark23-07-04Geelong FalconsQueenscliff
6NoahLong23-08-04Bendigo PioneersEchuca
7JacobKonstanty09-11-04Gippsland PowerDrouin
8OliverHollands16-01-04Murray BushrangersWodonga
10JontiSchuback18-03-04Gippsland PowerMaffra
12CobyBurgiel09-09-04Gippsland PowerMaffra
13FinnEmile-Brennan07-05-04Dandenong StingraysMt Eliza
14HarleyReid17-04-05Bendigo PioneersTongala
15TedClohesy06-09-04Geelong FalconsSt Joseph's
17CalebMitchell10-08-04Murray BushrangersYarrawonga
18TobyMcMullin06-08-04Sandringham DragonsPort Fairy
20BaileyHumphrey11-09-04Gippsland PowerMoe
25AaronCadman03-03-04GWV RebelsDarley
27CooperVickery16-12-04Gippsland PowerBairnsdale
28OscarMurdoch24-09-04Geelong FalconsNewtown & Chilwell
32HughBond25-09-04GWV RebelsNorth Ballarat
33HenryHustwaite20-07-04Dandenong StingraysRosebud
34JamesVan Es07-08-04GWV RebelsNorth Ballarat
38OlivierNortham28-07-04Geelong FalconsSt Joseph's
40MaxKnobel27-06-04Gippsland PowerMaffra
EMERGENCIES
11CharlieBarnett24-08-04Bendigo PioneersKyabram
19FelixFogaty09-06-04GWV RebelsEast Point

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the wraps on Tsatas? I don't see him as a top 10 talent based on today's showing. Very poor disposal and terrible defensive work rate. How is he touted as a top 5 pick?
Really? I thought he was top 5 on the ground quite comfortably - I thought his disposal led to a lot of great scoring opportunities for VM.

How do you think the top defensive prospects went? I have not seen many games.

Hayes looked quite mobile and moved around the ground well and took some intercept marks. But did not seem to be marking Cadman. Though later in the game seemed to be outmuscled by Reid.

Weddle seemed to do a good job marking Cadman. He looked bigger than I thought he would be. Seemed to be a good pure defender.

I would not mind the Swans picking up either of them. Both seem versatile and mobile enough to play initially as a third tall while they develop physically. Gruzewski obviously looked exciting as potentially a tall utility.
Not sure I'd give marks to Weddle, Cadman was a presence all game.
Anderson beat Humphrey several times in the second half.
Reid was fantastic but would be a top prospect next year.
Hayes was beaten by Reid in the final and almost lost them the game.

Not sure I'd give marks to Weddle, Cadman was a presence all game.
Anderson beat Humphrey several times in the second half.
Reid was fantastic but would be a top prospect next year.
Hayes was beaten by Reid in the final and almost lost them the game.
What has Van es done during the year he was ordinary today

i had Harley Reid in my top 2 prior to the champs in May/June or something (i had him top 2 in June 2021 as well), glad people caught up :p

Never seen someone dominate so much at junior level. He use to play under 12’s on the Friday night and then play under 14’s the next day and it was like he brought his own footy.

Also he comes from a very nice family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a banger game that would have barely helped the recruiters divide the top handful as they were all so good.

In that last quarter I went from Cadman to Sheezel a couple of times for pick 1 and I still think we'll take Wardlaw.

Is that a risk you're prepared to take?
Also it kind of feels like you already have a number of good inside mids that fit the Wardlaw mould.

I'm not sure we do long term. Cunnington hasn't long left, Anderson probably won't get a deal, Phillips a mystery for now. If they think he's the best player there they'll draft him.

In that last quarter I went from Cadman to Sheezel a couple of times for pick 1 and I still think we'll take Wardlaw.

I think Cadman is the right move. Going the KPF was the move that set Clarkson up for success, timing and list build seems right, I think he'll try to mirror it. Seems compatible type to Larkey unlike the others you have, has star power that Xerri, CCJ and Comben seem to lack. Best available is questionable but the fit is too good.

What did everyone else make of Humphreys' game?

Not sure I am that keen taking him with our first pick after seeing some of his disposal, which was already flagged as an issue.
Should've gotten more of a run in the midfield, shouldn't have been made a main target up forward like he was

Should've gotten more of a run in the midfield, shouldn't have been made a main target up forward like he was

Still saw enough to see he has all the ingredients to be a dominant presence in 3-4 years. A similar growth trajectory to Petracca.

Depending on how the picks before us pan out, I'm leaning towards wanting Essendon to take him.

I think Cadman is the right move. Going the KPF was the move that set Clarkson up for success, timing and list build seems right, I think he'll try to mirror it. Seems compatible type to Larkey unlike the others you have, has star power that Xerri, CCJ and Comben seem to lack. Best available is questionable but the fit is too good.
Yes Hawks took Buddy and Roughead early in Clarkson’s tenure but they then also picked up Dowler and Thorp as pick #6s the following 2 drafts. It’s more hit and miss with the talls (as above) so could see Clarkson looking to bring them in through trades.

What even is Harley Reid at the next level? Won’t be monstering grown men like that in the forward line. Is he just a rebounding defender?

He is exactly like Hayden Young was in his first up games as a bottom ager. They both stood out like dogs balls.

They both will be 200 gamers. Provided they remain injury free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Sheezel is in the conversation massively too, I know some on our board would have liked to have seen him spend a quarter in the midfield.

Side note, happy with how Harvey finished the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back