Victorians - Are you happy with Bracks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Van Der Zeevalk said:
dan warna said:
Cleaned up? No, wrong. The rabbits, snakes and weeds are still there, now they are joined by used syringes, chroming bags and litter.

And it was under a speed limit of 80KM/h for THREE F****ing YEARS. What a joke.

It wasn't actually, that was done in 1996.

Go away you silly little red ragger.

is that all you can come up with?

or would you prefer the old free way surface and 3 lanes? THey had to dig it up and relay the undersurface that was done SO badly by kennetts criminals.

go back to your delusions about the glory years of kennett when criminals were in charge of the council, road resurface was cancelled, school funding was cancelled, land was sold to developers and the population went from 40k to nearly 90k without any infrastructure support you delusional old fool.

and yes it was funded by labor...FEDERAL Labor. The state govt put in 3 million dollars the federal govt put in 4 million dollars and the democratically elected council AFTER Kennetts criminals were booted put in the remaining 2 million dollars for the 9 million dollar project after the democratically elected council lobby laurrie brereton for funding after the town was cut in half every time there was a flood.

all hail kennett and his criminal patrol

Bracks is OK.
Still a bit softly softly for me.
He tries not to 'scare the horses' too much
I would prefer a much more progressive agenda, but give him a 7 out of 10.

Done lots of good things in Health, Education and Public Service

dan warna said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
is that all you can come up with?

or would you prefer the old free way surface and 3 lanes? THey had to dig it up and relay the undersurface that was done SO badly by kennetts criminals.

go back to your delusions about the glory years of kennett when criminals were in charge of the council, road resurface was cancelled, school funding was cancelled, land was sold to developers and the population went from 40k to nearly 90k without any infrastructure support you delusional old fool.

and yes it was funded by labor...FEDERAL Labor. The state govt put in 3 million dollars the federal govt put in 4 million dollars and the democratically elected council AFTER Kennetts criminals were booted put in the remaining 2 million dollars for the 9 million dollar project after the democratically elected council lobby laurrie brereton for funding after the town was cut in half every time there was a flood.

all hail kennett and his criminal patrol
DW - for one last time.
I care not about the freeway surface, Kennett and his alleged criminal activities and whatever else you wish to throw up as diversions to the actual truth.
The only real pertinent fact these days is that for me - Werribee is past tense. No more. Done and dusted. Gone, never to return to the shthole.
For all I care, bin Laden can bomb the frigging joint.
Get the message????

Van Der Zeevalk said:
dan warna said:
DW - for one last time.
I care not about the freeway surface, Kennett and his alleged criminal activities and whatever else you wish to throw up as diversions to the actual truth.
The only real pertinent fact these days is that for me - Werribee is past tense. No more. Done and dusted. Gone, never to return to the shthole.
For all I care, bin Laden can bomb the frigging joint.
Get the message????
lmfao for some one barracked for Kennett earlier on in the thread, and then blamed everything that was wrong with werribee on labor, after being shown that it was kennett that did the things you accused labor of doing now you don't care?
what a cheap ass hypocrit.
kennett sucked.

dan warna said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
lmfao for some one barracked for Kennett earlier on in the thread, and then blamed everything that was wrong with werribee on labor, after being shown that it was kennett that did the things you accused labor of doing now you don't care?
what a cheap ass hypocrit.
kennett sucked.
Your perception skills are pathetic.
My stance hasn't changed, and will never change. I simply don't give a rats about Werribee these days as I no longer live there and will never go back.
Labor did wreck Werribee whether you choose to admit it or not. They transformed it from a peaceful, picturesque village to a grotty, overcrowded ghetto full of ferals and scumbags.And are continuing to damage what little semblence is left of it's former quality lifestyle, which is basically sweet Fanny Adams. They are the facts. Whether you agree or not concerns me zilch. It's past tense.
As for you, just lock your door, buy a Rottweiler, switch on your alarm ( monitored of course ) and pray you're not next.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
dan warna said:
As for you, just lock your door, buy a Rottweiler, switch on your alarm ( monitored of course ) and pray you're not next.

Oh and don't forget to bury a couple of guns in the backyard, take all your money out of the banks and stock up with food, the seige could be a long one - right? .

hmm this board is chock full of bogans from frangers and werribee and hoppaz ay?

Van Der Zeevalk said:
FuManchu said:
Jesus H Christ, not another one of these obsessed types!!! :confused:
Isn't it great to see a still whingeing Kennett and Liberal admirer that has never got ovet the FACT his mob were kicked out so upset that he has to watse his time trying to bait people :D Get a life mate!

finders said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
Isn't it great to see a still whingeing Kennett and Liberal admirer that has never got ovet the FACT his mob were kicked out so upset that he has to watse his time trying to bait people :D Get a life mate!
Whoa..... hold it right there for a moment!!
The post you have quoted here has nothing to do with Kennett or politics whatsoever!
And in fact, it refers to someone attempting to bait me rather than vice versa. And failing miserably, simply because I ain't got a clue what he's on about.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
finders said:
Whoa..... hold it right there for a moment!!
The post you have quoted here has nothing to do with Kennett or politics whatsoever!
And in fact, it refers to someone attempting to bait me rather than vice versa. And failing miserably, simply because I ain't got a clue what he's on about.

no you blame all the woes of werribee on labor, when in fact the population doubled under kennett, there were no roads, schools or infrastructure put in during that time.

then you say you don't care about who is in power.

the fact is all the woes you claim afflict werribee were a consequence of kennett, his criminal councillors and their sale of land to dodgy developers.

first you present yourself as someone who cared about werribee and blame it all on labor, when it turns out your facts are WRONG, you then say you don't care, or just that werribee is ruined.

come to terms with the fact its the liberals who did what you claim to be bad, not labor or anyone else.

dan warna said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
no you blame all the woes of werribee on labor, when in fact the population doubled under kennett, there were no roads, schools or infrastructure put in during that time.

then you say you don't care about who is in power.

the fact is all the woes you claim afflict werribee were a consequence of kennett, his criminal councillors and their sale of land to dodgy developers.

first you present yourself as someone who cared about werribee and blame it all on labor, when it turns out your facts are WRONG, you then say you don't care, or just that werribee is ruined.

come to terms with the fact its the liberals who did what you claim to be bad, not labor or anyone else.
You just don't get it, do you, faceache??

I used to give a sht about Werribee when i lived there. Now that i live 700 km away, i don't, not past the value of the property market anyway.
The joint is shot mate. End of story. If i could have enjoyed the same level of quality of life there as I did when I first landed back in '79, do you think I'd have gone to all the hassle of puliing up stumps and coming back here at enormous personal expense - not to mention throwing in my career to join the job search market here, albeit very temporarily?? Especially when i had a home almost paid off?? Jesus H Christ Dan, you are some sort of dill.
Fact: Werribee first started to go downhill in 1982 - 83, when the first stages of massive overdevelopment were commenced, and scumbags were enticed down from areas such as Broadmeadows, Coburg, Preston etc on the promise of leaving behind the Commission housing treadmill to own their own generic three bedroom brick veneer on cheap Government sponsored loans ( which were a major contributor to Victoria's economic woes in the early 1990s ) in any one of the myriad estates that were springing up all over Werribee and Hoppers like a kid's Lego set. Werribee was even given the nick name ' Lego Land ' in that era FFS, for that very reason!
Progression of time saw the aforementioned scumbags breed like rabbits, as those types are wont to do - ergo, Werribee's problems today.
Now, a simple question - WHO was in power in 1982 - 83???
What happened after the rot was set in is immaterial.
Now give it a rest, you dingleberry.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
dan warna said:
You just don't get it, do you, faceache??

I used to give a sht about Werribee when i lived there. Now that i live 700 km away, i don't, not past the value of the property market anyway.
The joint is shot mate. End of story. If i could have enjoyed the same level of quality of life there as I did when I first landed back in '79, do you think I'd have gone to all the hassle of puliing up stumps and coming back here at enormous personal expense - not to mention throwing in my career to join the job search market here, albeit very temporarily?? Especially when i had a home almost paid off?? Jesus H Christ Dan, you are some sort of dill.
Fact: Werribee first started to go downhill in 1982 - 83, when the first stages of massive overdevelopment were commenced, and scumbags were enticed down from areas such as Broadmeadows, Coburg, Preston etc on the promise of leaving behind the Commission housing treadmill to own their own generic three bedroom brick veneer on cheap Government sponsored loans ( which were a major contributor to Victoria's economic woes in the early 1990s ) in any one of the myriad estates that were springing up all over Werribee and Hoppers like a kid's Lego set. Werribee was even given the nick name ' Lego Land ' in that era FFS, for that very reason!
Progression of time saw the aforementioned scumbags breed like rabbits, as those types are wont to do - ergo, Werribee's problems today.
Now, a simple question - WHO was in power in 1982 - 83???
What happened after the rot was set in is immaterial.
Now give it a rest, you dingleberry.

the population in werribee was 40k before and 80k after kennett.

thats the facts, and for someone who doesn't care, you seem quick to spout lies in defence of kennett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dan warna said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
the population in werribee was 40k before and 80k after kennett.

thats the facts, and for someone who doesn't care, you seem quick to spout lies in defence of kennett.

Do your research DW, and get back to me. i've got dinner to cook and dishes to wash.
Tell me if Jeff was in power in 1982 - 83.

Van Der Zeevalk said:
dan warna said:

Do your research DW, and get back to me. i've got dinner to cook and dishes to wash.
Tell me if Jeff was in power in 1982 - 83.

ah so its NOT the population density, or the schools or hte infrastructure, or the schools or corruption in council or the crap road surfacing or ANYTHING else that you care about, its just the 'quality' of people. In fact you don't give a rats about anything else, its not the fact the population was 40k before Kennett, it was the type of people you protest against.

now I understand.

you don't like people from broadmeadows, preston and coburg.

says a lot about van der snob

dan warna said:
Van Der Zeevalk said:
ah so its NOT the population density, or the schools or hte infrastructure, or the schools or corruption in council or the crap road surfacing or ANYTHING else that you care about, its just the 'quality' of people. In fact you don't give a rats about anything else, its not the fact the population was 40k before Kennett, it was the type of people you protest against.

now I understand.

you don't like people from broadmeadows, preston and coburg.

says a lot about van der snob
Again, DW, you show an amazing talent for missing the point entirely. Or is it selectively ignoring it?
My main gripe with Werribee when I was a resident, once again for your benefit, was the way in which the town was transformed virtually overnight from a peaceful, countrified village on the fringes of Melbourne to an overpopulated, overdeveloped shthole full of ferals, traffic congestion, crumbling / non existent infrastructure, crime - particularly vilent drug related crime - and rapidly disappearing green space.
Now fair enough, i'll happily concede a point to you vis a vis being a snob. I don't move in low socio economic circles and I prefer not to mix with such people. But that's my prerogative. If you don't like it - tough.
This however did not form my gripe with the town. IMO Werribee was a far better place in the late '70s when the population was, IIRC, 33'000, and there was no traffic congestion and you could walk your dog off lead anywhere without threat of it being run over, or have a picnic in any number of a zillion places near the river where there were no frigging housing developments fouling the landscape.
. Basically IDGAF where the people came from that created the population explosion: but the facts are that they were undesirable types from scummy suburbs.
I would still have been just as aggrieved if they had come from Mordialloc, or Camberwell, or Williamstown.

guys it's only werribee, who cares?

Think of how many MORE people in the eastern suburbs are going to be affected by bracks mismanagement of the scoresby freeway!

and how many have been affected by teh price rise in Zone 3 tickets for public transport.

rick James said:
guys it's only werribee, who cares?

Think of how many MORE people in the eastern suburbs are going to be affected by bracks mismanagement of the scoresby freeway!

and how many have been affected by teh price rise in Zone 3 tickets for public transport.
Two very valid points there RJ.
Bracks slagged Kennett over CityLink and then procedded to introduced tolls on the Scoresby, if the damn thing ever gets built.
And the transport ticketing really does bend eastern suburbs people over the table.

It's amazing you know - not along ago there was this bloke called Fullarton Power who used to post about how much he hated Victoria after living in Werribee for so long.

This Fullarton Power chap also had a severe dislike for drug related crime.

Fullarton Power has since departed, and this new bloke called Van Duh Zeevalk shares all the same characteristics as him! Yet Van Duh Zeevalk claims he was not Fullarton Power!

What are the odds of finding two people with exactly the same life story, living in the same suburb and then moving to the same state??

Wow!!!

Van Der Zeevalk said:
pazza said:
Woodville must have changed a lot then. Last time I was there, it was boarded up windows and covered in grafitti and vandalism

No, I was a peculiarity in Werribee. A working wage earner.
1- The 1 + only time i was in Woodville it was like that.
2-Someone employed you?

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
What are the odds of finding two people with exactly the same life story, living in the same suburb and then moving to the same state??

Wow!!!
About a billion to one in 10 million.

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
It's amazing you know - not along ago there was this bloke called Fullarton Power who used to post about how much he hated Victoria after living in Werribee for so long.

This Fullarton Power chap also had a severe dislike for drug related crime.

Fullarton Power has since departed, and this new bloke called Van Duh Zeevalk shares all the same characteristics as him! Yet Van Duh Zeevalk claims he was not Fullarton Power!

Wow!!!

we all know its him, but he has to keep up the pretence or ther mods will get rid of him

Van Der Zeevalk said:
Two very valid points there RJ.
Bracks slagged Kennett over CityLink and then procedded to introduced tolls on the Scoresby, if the damn thing ever gets built.
And the transport ticketing really does bend eastern suburbs people over the table.

Least the road is getting built (and if you don't believe that it is, you haven't seen how much has been done so far). How it is paid for is one matter - the fact it is getting built is another - I was travelling to Pakenham recently and where EastLink is going to join the Monash already has the dirt on and off ramps graded, so you can actually see where the roads will go.

How can it be possibly defended tolling made roads i.e. The Tullamarine Freeway from Bell St to Flemington Rd and the South Eastern Arterial, from Punt Road to Toorak Rd. The question has never been answered fully.

As for Zone 3 ticketing, think about it. With the development the affected areas had under Bolte, Hamer and Thompson, before even Cain arrived, that area is well beyond what I would describe as the 30km metropolitan boundary. It would be like if, all of a sudden, Geelong, Melton, Bacchus Marsh, the Macedon Ranges and the area around Romsey and Wallan were considered in the metropolitan area. There has to be a cost to travel that distance.

so you are worried about the 7k population that moved to werribee prior to kennett comming to power and not the 50k that came to werribee during the kennett era?

because if what you say is true, then it went from 33k to 40k then kennett came to power, and when he left the population was 90k!!!!!!

so again PROVEN WRONG

since the population has grown to about 108k according to earlier posts.

so you hate the 7k that came before kennett and the 18k after kennett but NOT the 50 k that came DURING Kennett.

you are a moron Van Der Moron.

dan warna said:
so you are worried about the 7k population that moved to werribee prior to kennett comming to power and not the 50k that came to werribee during the kennett era?

because if what you say is true, then it went from 33k to 40k then kennett came to power, and when he left the population was 90k!!!!!!

so again PROVEN WRONG

since the population has grown to about 108k according to earlier posts.

so you hate the 7k that came before kennett and the 18k after kennett but NOT the 50 k that came DURING Kennett.

you are a moron Van Der Moron.

Dan, just for you, courtesy of Todd Rundgren, taken from the album ' Hermit Of Mink Hollow ' Bearsville Records, 1978.....

Sleeping at night in a plaster board box
Scratching the earth with the nails on my fingers
And the ground pukes up rocks and rocks and more rocks
And when the seeds finally reach the ground
It’s all been for nothing

I hear the cries of children at night
I watch their faces grow sallow with hunger
Who draws the line between what’s wrong and right
And when I ask my life is for
It’s all been for nothing

Save your regrets for the dead, but for the living
Give them love and give them bread