Society/Culture Virus Villains. The list is growing

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.
Especially anyone who either embarked for an o'seas holiday or cruise during late feb thru early March.
Warnings were already out, those people chose to ignore them.
Cruise Ship companies had already been advertising they would postpone their trips at no cost to be redeemed at a future date.

Anyone leaving the country had one reason....cancelling their holiday was an inconvenience or an expense. They made a conscious decision to ignore everything from common sense to travel warnings.

You make stupid decisions you wear it. Zero sympathy for anyone whinging about a pokey hotel room or the lack of menu. Just about all hotel rooms are pokey, and for being so phukkin stupid they should have been fed dog food unless they stumped up the cash.
most of the people coming back late were not people who were on holidays. Most were australians living overseas.

Does that include doctors who were visiting family back home but decided to leave that home to come back and help australian hospitals?

ps. Do you think prisoners should be charged for the cost of their cells? If not why not?
How do you charge someone imprisoned i.e. unable to be gainfully employed, money?

What a dumb question.

Teachers are villains for complaining about possibly risking their lives due to the slap-dash contradictory information we've all been getting about the coronavirus.

Teachers hearing that large groups are banned because of the dangers... are asked to continue with classes with large groups... while also hearing that kids should stay at home if they can... even though it's completely fine and safe... but keep your kids home if you can...
They're chucking a "tanty".

But people in quarantine who can't just chill for two weeks in a hotel... Heroes that we should fight for.

Even in your article, you're trying to put across that there is no risk. It's safer to keep schools open etc.

Except... people over 60 and pregnant should avoid being at school...
Why should they be excluded if its so safe?
Is it safe or not?
I never said heroes. i didnt even say they shouldnt be imprisoned. I just said they had a right to complain about some of the conditions. Like not getting to order food and get some fresh air. do you think its right vegans are forced to eat dairy and meat? Fussy Toddlers starving cos they arent given their usual diets? People with health issues not getting some fresh air and the ability to stretch their legs? Imprisonment is necessary but their is zero reason why these issues couldnt be catered for. They are humans. And the people potting them from the internet are frankly disgusting.

teachers are at far less risk than health workers. some experts think supermarket workers are at far more risk than teachers. If its good enough for health workers to work than its good enough for teachers. Striking would be a national disgrace given how important they are to a functioning society.

I never said heroes. i didnt even say they shouldnt be imprisoned. I just said they had a right to complain about some of the conditions. Like not getting to order food and get some fresh air. do you think its right vegans are forced to eat dairy and meat? Fussy Toddlers starving cos they arent given their usual diets? People with health issues not getting some fresh air and the ability to stretch their legs? Imprisonment is necessary but their is zero reason why these issues couldnt be catered for. They are humans. And the people potting them from the internet are frankly disgusting.

teachers are at far less risk than health workers. some experts think supermarket workers are at far more risk than teachers. If its good enough for health workers to work than its good enough for teachers. Striking would be a national disgrace given how important they are to a functioning society.
But teachers don't have the right to complain?

They're deliberately evil if they're concerned for their welfare and the welfare of their loved ones?

Is it safe or not, Seeds?
If it's safe, why are the experts from your article saying pregnant teachers and teachers 60 and older should be excluded?

The list is ever growing...

However number 1 by a mile is the muppet that ate some bat soup or whatever it was!

Number 2 is China and the CCP for the cover up for a number of weeks, thus allowing people to travel in and outside Wuhan...

Seeds has hit a nerve with many in here because there is some truth to his statement and you all know it. Collectively teachers as a profession look like a massive group of whingers compared to other essential workers during this crisis.

Your post does not look that good when talking about someone getting paid $30000 -$50000 a year more than most of those working in supermarkets.

Anyone working with the public right now is taking on similar risks. One lot seems to whinge and whinge and whinge more than the rest.
Some truth being treated as an absolute truth is what's hit a nerve.

This isn't a teachers vs supermarket employees.

Here's what I don't understand.
At my local shops I chat with a couple of the employees. And many are furious.
They're scared, frustrated and full of doubt. Like everyone else.
They don't want to be there, but don't have a choice because it's their livelihood. They're sick of the way the customers treat them, they're sick of risking their safety, they're sick of having to argue with morons who are ignoring signs and still trying to bulk buy, or do multiple transactions.

And I sympathise with them.

But teachers are also scared, frustrated and full of doubt, and some people react by calling them evil... ??

People just hate teachers. That's why they so readily take a single example and apply it to all of them.
The people calling out teachers while praising nurses, supermarket works, doctors etc... Give it time and they will be calling them out as well.
Same with the people saying they now understand how hard it is for the unemployed dealing with centrelink.
No they don't. When this is over they'll go right back to shitting on all of them.

The list is ever growing...

However number 1 by a mile is the muppet that ate some bat soup or whatever it was!

Number 2 is China and the CCP for the cover up for a number of weeks, thus allowing people to travel in and outside Wuhan...
Lol, the virus didn't start because someone ate a bat, why are people still buying that? The photo was of a Chinese travel blogger in Palau where bat soup is a delicacy.

morrison having to make a public appeal for teachers to do their job. Doesnt need to do this for other workers.

"This week, infectious disease expert Professor Peter Collignon told news.com.au that teachers faced a greater COVID-19 risk from a supermarket than classroomsand urged teachers to return to classrooms with conditions, including excluding teachers over the age of 60 and pregnant women."

"Political leaders in NSW and Victoria privately concede fears teachers would strike if they kept schools open were a major trigger for the decision to defy the medical advice that schools should remain open."

Boom. nSw and victoria arent closing schools because they think its necessary. But because they are worried teachers will chuck a tanty and strike. Unlike all the other frontline workers. Although its a bit insulting to health care professionals to call teachers front line workers.

Why did Scomo ban kids from old folks homes then? his pathetic excuse was "little buggers don't obey rules"

What exactly is the difference between a school and an old folks home re behaviour and invectiousnsess?

But please, why does there have to be a 'perfect' rule applied everywhere equally ? surely the people closest to the environment can be given information then take the decision best for that environment?

Aren't the libs always on about giving principals more responsibility?

Say what you want Seeds (you always will), but scomo's rant went against everyone pulling together, he just couldnt help himself.

Coalition wedge Politics as usual.

Couldn't be a statesman for thee montsh never mind three years hes paid to do.

Last edited:
Why did Scomo ban kids from old folks homes then? his pathetic excuse was "little buggers don't obey rules"

What exactly is the difference between a school and an old folks home re behaviour and invectiousnsess?

But please, why does there have to be a 'perfect' rule applied everywhere equally ? surely the people closest to the environment can be given information then take the decision best for that environment?

Aren't the libs always on about giving principals more responsibility?

Say what you want Seeds (you always will), but scomo's rant went against everyone pulling together, he just couldnt help himself.

Coalition wedge Politics as usual.

Couldn't be a statesman for thee montsh never mind three years hes paid to do.
He banned everyone from old folks homes that didnt need to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cruise ship workers. Came across a peice where the company is telling its 'team' that they are investigating routing their ships to rendezvous and somehow transport crew towards their home country. sounds complicated, and expensive. I suppose it might be cheaper than repatriating everyone by air

Can you prove that? I would say a lot wouldn't have assets that once converted would last longer than 6 weeks.

The question is still dumb unless you think all inmates are Gordon Gecko.
The fact you want to impose greater restrictions on people returning from overseas then rapists, massive tax frauds and murderers is a bit sick.

Hes still gone tribal "How good is wedge politics"
Doesnt everyone pulling together mean that health care workers, public transport workers, supermarket workers, childcare workers, police And teachers continue to do their work given society cant function without it? Why is it only teachers (who arent In the direct line of contact with the virus) can say no (but still receive full pay). With no schools all those other systems start collapsing.

if everyone pulls together and that means everyone stops working then health workers should also stop going to work. They are the ones at the greatest risk after all and the only profession facing significant causalties at work.

Doesnt everyone pulling together mean that health care workers, public transport workers, supermarket workers, childcare workers, police And teachers continue to do their work given society cant function without it? Why is it only teachers (who arent In the direct line of contact with the virus) can say no (but still receive full pay). With no schools all those other systems start collapsing.

if everyone pulls together and that means everyone stops working then health workers should also stop going to work. They are the ones at the greatest risk after all and the only profession facing significant causalties at work.

Most states and schools are putting very practical arrangements in place. Only you and scotty see problems. you are projecting something which is not whats happening.

would you like to see parents fined when kids aren't attending school? apparently there was about 40% absenteeism before states made their policy

Last edited:
The infectiousness of Kids is far from determined. Scotty is just making it up as he goes along
Parents clearly believe they get most of their crooks via their kids. This is the 'silent australians'

CHILD CONTAINMENT
“The evidence seems to be accumulating that children can be asymptomatic carriers,” epidemiologist Associate Professor Hassan Vally of La Trobe University said. “Given that older people are much more vulnerable to serious illness, it is worth being cautious for the time being.”
An Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) statement conceded there continues to be limited information on the role children play in the pandemic.
“Asymptomatic cases in infants and children have been also reported. Two studies on patients with positive laboratory results reported that 10/15 (66.7 per cent) and 4/31 (13 per cent) of the children were asymptomatic,” the report reads.
But the AHPPC believes asymptomatic carriers are unlikely to pass on the disease.
“The best available modelling supports the hypothesis that children are infected but relatively asymptomatic. If we assume that asymptomatic people are less likely to transmit, the modelling indicates that school closures will have minimal impact on the overall epidemiology of COVID-19 in the Australian setting.”
It’s a pressing issue.
A small study out of China followed a sample of 24 people who had tested positive without symptoms. After three weeks, seven still showed no sign of the disease. The median age of these was just 14.
The average age of Australia’s teachers is 42. Some 30 per cent of them are over 50.
And asymptomatic schoolchildren will return home to their parents. And grandparents.
Simply accepting such risks is problematic, Prof MacIntyre warned.
“Half our population is aged over 40 or 50. So you’re going to be creeping into that area where (the virus will) just kill people,” she said. “So I don’t even think it’s ethical to make a conscious decision that we are going to just let people get infected.”
And keeping children contained remains vital for extended families.
“As difficult as this is going to be, the safest thing may be to limit visiting of children with grandparents,” Prof Vally warns. “This is a good time for children to take advantage of their affinity for technology and stay in touch with grandparents this way.”

Most states and schools are putting very practical arrangements in place. Only you and scotty see problems. you are projecting something which is not whats happening.

would you like to see parents fined when kids aren't attending school? apparently there was about 40% absenteeism before states made their policy
they arent teaching. They are giving out homework and then asking parents to help teach it. Essentials workers kids arent being taught at school even though teachers are looking after them. They are refusing to teach and are instead just babysitting. And if the teachers unions got their way than essential workers kids wouldnt even get to be babysat by teachers.

they have not bothered to set up proper online learning involving teachers on video teaching kids and kids asking questions like in a classroom setting. My kids ballet class is doing this. For some reason teachers are not. Teachers should be taking a 50 percent pay cut since they are only doing a partial job at the moment.

they arent teaching. They are giving out homework and then asking parents to help teach it. Essentials workers kids arent being taught at school even though teachers are looking after them. They are refusing to teach and are instead just babysitting. And if the teachers unions got their way than essential workers kids wouldnt even get to be babysat by teachers.

they have not bothered to set up proper online learning involving teachers on video teaching kids and kids asking questions like in a classroom setting. My kids ballet class is doing this. For some reason teachers are not. Teachers should be taking a 50 percent pay cut since they are only doing a partial job at the moment.
I agree with plenty of your posts, I disagree with others. But even the ones I disagree with I can normally see where you're coming from.

But here you're just not making your case. I've no idea where you're coming from because you just keep making vague sweeping statements, with little to no evidence to support it.

Where are you getting your information from?

I've been biting my tongue for a while but have to call you out on this one Seeds. I don't think people outside of the education system understand the complexities involved in "true" online teaching. How do you police what happens via video conference? Who bears the onus for child protection if a staff member is in a VC with a student (or multiple students) from their own home? How much actual online teaching is possible at various year levels (for Primary school the answer is very little).

I don't think that some parts of some education unions have covered themselves in glory thus far but you've gone a bit overboard here. They are not "refusing" to teach, they are providing adequate supervision so that students who are learning at home aren't disadvantaged. Could you imagine how many people would decide to send their kids if school was functioning like normal with proper classes for the kids that attend and some workpapers at home for those that don't?

Some of the criticism is warranted, but I don't think people actually understand how much extra work this is creating for (most) teachers. Yes there are some who won't be doing as much as they normally would but that is going to be the case in a lot of organisations at present.

I've been biting my tongue for a while but have to call you out on this one Seeds. I don't think people outside of the education system understand the complexities involved in "true" online teaching. How do you police what happens via video conference? Who bears the onus for child protection if a staff member is in a VC with a student (or multiple students) from their own home? How much actual online teaching is possible at various year levels (for Primary school the answer is very little).

I don't think that some parts of some education unions have covered themselves in glory thus far but you've gone a bit overboard here. They are not "refusing" to teach, they are providing adequate supervision so that students who are learning at home aren't disadvantaged. Could you imagine how many people would decide to send their kids if school was functioning like normal with proper classes for the kids that attend and some workpapers at home for those that don't?

Some of the criticism is warranted, but I don't think people actually understand how much extra work this is creating for (most) teachers. Yes there are some who won't be doing as much as they normally would but that is going to be the case in a lot of organisations at present.

Not to mention all the security issues over video conferencing. Hard enough for adults. we dont need to go into what could happen

But the standards for distance education are there and have been well tested. Cant blame the education system for relying on whats familiar and tested, especially at short notice.
Arent we always saying practical things should be set locally, not from the canberra bubble? Just be the Banker Scotty

Meanwhile we are all being treat like kids re outbound international travel. Not many countries have as tight a ban as we have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back