Autopsy vs Geelong - reality check!

Remove this Banner Ad

They're bloody annoying to look at anyway. So distracting.
Yeah, I don't understand why they're allowed to have moving signage while the balls in play.

very distracting and takes away from the game.

That would require a midfield that moves the ball quickly and accurately.

Accurately enough to negotiate 3 defenders.

You watch, they'll all blow wind up Stewarts arse this week. Back it in.

We're 7-5 going into the bye with a very favourable draw coming up.

Very disappointing but Geelong just wanted it more and converted when needed, simple as that.

The delivery to Brown was woeful, and there's no way he can be blamed for that.

We need Waitey back in quick smart and plus obviously Anderson, and there were definitely patches that I thought were still pleasing because we were far from being at our best today.

Still backing us to have a good second half to the season.

Horrible game to watch, a few of many neg's :

plenty of basic skill errors ? check :(
butcher regulation shots at goal ? check :'(
yet again, Ablett in particular, and most of his sidekicks allowed to accumulate uncontested posessions at will, check :thumbsdown:
allow uncontested posession chains out of D50 nearly all day
less than 60 tackles in a game again ? check :thumbsdown:
Atley and Hartung : 2 kicks each for the game. :thumbsdown:
Tarrant, Daw, and Wright : 0 tackles for the game. :thumbsdown:

Pos : We have a bye to refresh and reset

Just got back from the game and that was a horror show.

Lacklustre from the first bounce. Couldn't use the middle and when we did, we stuffed it up over and over again. Our forward entries were disgusting.

A game before a bye, and we drop the game. 1-8 now. Something needs to change.

Wah's disappointing is that we knew what they'd do. They love dropping off, and encouraging the deep ball, then launching. That's eaxctly what they did and we looked unprepared for it.

We definitely should have hit up shorter, but they play that bowling alley down there well. It's a difficult ground for visiting forwards.

When we did hit up shorter, Mason fluffed his chances.

Just one of those games mate.

Yeah, I don't understand why they're allowed to have moving signage while the balls in play.

very distracting and takes away from the game.
Because advertising is the main course with a side of footy :drunk:

I don’t necessarily think its a reality check whatsoever! I believe geelong are a good outfit and we were beaten by a better team on the day!

We have exceeded all expectations! If NMfC go on to lose every match for the entire season I would still believe the year is a success! Personally I have no expectations on this bar finishing in the bottom 4.. 12 games in and the club will not finish bottom 4.. anything else is a bonus..

Plus..

I dont believe 5 more wins out of 11 is out of the realms of possibility!

Downside a disappointing lose when expectations were higher

Upside got away from the ground early and beat the traffic

Was in a foul mood when I left the game and my car was boxed in by a bus, the driver had left the door open, keys in and idling, he was nowhere to be seen so I lent on his horn til he came running down the road. Those bus horns are loud!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was genuinely concerned about this game after last weeks second half and the looming bye round.

It was a 2017 like performance with many infuriating pieces of play. None more so than Wood's early 3x misses, Turner's fumble in the third and LMac's snail pace effort to dispose of the ball.

The first game after the bye already has me concerned. I am hoping this was a just a bump in the road.

Not many could hold their heads high today. Wright and JMac were good and Murphy looks like he will be a player.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Credit to Geelong, they defended very well albeit on their odd ground. Their backs rarely got sucked up the ground and if they did they made sure they were always goal side of their opponent. They were prepared for our forward handballs and closed down space. Despite our inside 50 advantage, it felt like kicking a goal was really hard work. Yes our kicking was poor but as they said, we were 7-4 with the second worst kicking efficiency in the league.

What annoyed me is that we've defended, pressured and structured up defensively most of the year like Geelong did today. Last week we went away from that, the backs pushed up way too high, we over handballed and weren't able to defend turnovers. We should've learned because Brisbane 3 men down beat us in the second half. But we didn't and today again we pushed up way too high after doing a lot of good clearance work and got scored against on turnover.

We have to realise that because we are 2nd worst by foot in the comp we cannot have defenders getting sucked up the ground ahead of the ball. We will turn it over and we need to be in position to defend when it happens. So get back to that and make it hard for the opposition to score.

As for our kicking, in pressure games, there're a number of guys who are susceptible because they kick around their bodies. Unless you're Darren Jarman - have great hand eye and a high level of control over your ball drop, you will kick it every where under pressure.

Just got back from the game and that was a horror show.

Lacklustre from the first bounce. Couldn't use the middle and when we did, we stuffed it up over and over again. Our forward entries were disgusting.

A game before a bye, and we drop the game. 1-8 now. Something needs to change.

That’s the last time you do the Gd Thread fwiw

Don’t even think about it come the Finals...(if)

On the game... Moving on. Not worried heading into the bye. Exceeded all my preseason expectations so I'm a happy camper. 3 votes umpires thanks :thumbsu:
The umpiring was making me chuckle inside even though we were losing as I know Cat fans would of been smashing their TV's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back