Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Deleted Twitter long before Musk took over. Set up a new account when he did to see what would happen. Deleted it pretty soon after.

Set up a Threads account and that devolved to the same s**t that Twitter had so deleted that.

About to kill my business pages in Facebook due to the ridiculous amounts of spam that accumulate and Instagram is not really doing it for me either. Likely to keep personal FB due to friends and family overseas.

LinkedIn is a cesspool of narcissistic hustle nerds and overly enthusiastic sales reps. I'm about to kick that to the curb as well. (Found this alternative. Nice minimal online CV tool. Explore)

That leaves Reddit and BigFooty.

One a cluster* of brain dead keyboard warriors who can't comprehend nuance or contrary points of view, wasting untold hours/days/years wailing and ranting into the ether for absolutely zero return... and the other one is Reddit.

LinkedIn is awesome, one wankfest after another, 'shall I congratulate you on your wankfest', 'congratulate Bob on 12 years in LinkedDick'.......

The best bit on social media now is young design folk pumping out spiffy vids but the work is trash....

What a time to be alive.

'zero return' is a club motto remember Bomber...... long live Kenny

.....Reality is all that social media exists to sell s**t (any platform), the rest is window dressing....

The fact I have ad blockers on all devices makes me forget there are ads here too aren't there?

This membership/voting thing isn't a big deal. Warren will still win regardless and it makes sense that new members wouldn't have voting rights for an AGM that's for last year.

Alternatively, either:
  1. the number of 2024 members who signed up to vote for Tredrea is low, and the club disenfranchising them is petty and stupid because their votes would not meaningfully affect the outcome; or
  2. the number of 2024 members who signed up to vote for Tredrea is high, and the club is cutting off its nose to spite its face by turning down the additional income rather than allowing these people to vote.

Last edited:

Just received a response for those interested.

Membership team is saying that since the upcoming AGM is technically the 2023 AGM, so purchasing a 2024 membership does not make you eligible to vote.
View attachment 1885260
Does this mean that if you're a 2023 member but gave up your membership for 2024, possibly due to a frustration with one K. Hinkley, you are eligible to vote? Because if so this could be the backfire to end all backfires.

Worth asking a club official about this

Alternatively, either:
  1. the number of 2024 members who signed up to vote for Tredrea is low, and the club disenfranchising them is petty and stupid because their votes would not meaningfully affect the outcome; or
  2. the number of 2024 members who signed up to vote for Tredrea is high, and the club is cutting off its nose to spite its face by turning down the additional income rather than allowing these people to vote.

It’s baffling. For every Stephen Rowe who is just being a click-chasing douchebag, there are potentially hundreds and thousands of disaffected lapsed members who are aching for a sliver of hope to cling to, in order to justify returning to what is an increasingly unrelatable and unrecognisable fold.

If it wins Tredrea the election along the way, who gives a sh¡t!

My 3 family members who are eligible to vote are all voting Tredders. Looking at a couple of Facebook sights abba seems to have some support although Warren looks like he has a bit more.
Anyone think it might be closer than originally thought? Or will Warren romp it in?

My 3 family members who are eligible to vote are all voting Tredders. Looking at a couple of Facebook sights abba seems to have some support although Warren looks like he has a bit more.
Anyone think it might be closer than originally thought? Or will Warren romp it in?

The Club told Tredrea privately many months ago that if he nominated that he would win easily. And in the same breath they encouraged him not to run and focus on his media commitments instead so he could earn a living 🙄

The Club told Tredrea privately many months ago that if he nominated that he would win easily. And in the same breath they encouraged him not to run and focus on his media commitments instead so he could earn a living 🙄

The board will take too much time away from your media commitments Tredders, better not run.

Meanwhile, the Chairman has spent his entire decade long tenure up to mid last year hosting a massive breakfast television show, anchoring his own business channel and maintaining various other smaller media commitments as one of the most prominent public figures in the country.

Do these people even listen to themselves lol.

The best bit on social media now is young design folk pumping out spiffy vids but the work is trash....

Oh boy... don't get me started.

This membership/voting thing isn't a big deal. Warren will still win regardless and it makes sense that new members wouldn't have voting rights for an AGM that's for last year.

It's not a big deal because Tredders is going to piss it in anyway.

It is a big deal because our club leadership continue to be the most petty, fearful bunch of pathetic weasels in existence and if they don't get called out, they'll only get worse.

Worth asking a club official about this

It 100% needs to be clarified.

The 2024 memberships are specifically sold with "member voting rights" as a perk.

The constitution clearly states that anyone who has paid their annual subscription for club membership is a club member and has the right to vote.

I really hope those who signed back up for a vote push this and demand their right to vote.

It 100% needs to be clarified.

The 2024 memberships are specifically sold with "member voting rights" as a perk.

The constitution clearly states that anyone who has paid their annual subscription for club membership is a club member and has the right to vote.

I really hope those who signed back up for a vote push this and demand their right to vote.

Need to get it out publically and trending in the AFL if it turns out the club is breaching constitution too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the talk that Wazza should be on a footy committee instead - no reason he can't be a Board member AND on a committee as well.

As was mentioned, Tony Hobby did those two roles years ago.

As did Darren Cahill, didn't he?

The top priorities for the directors of most bodies incorporated under the Corporations Act tend to be similar across organisations, e.g.:

• legal compliance and reporting
  • financial performance (particularly remaining solvent)
  • corporate social responsibility (carbon neutral fits in here)
  • diversity and inclusion
  • cybersecurity

After those the focus will then be on risk, executive remuneration, internal audit, strategy, and operations (the playing football bit).

On their balanced scorecard, football performance is probably 1 or 2 out of a dozen or so KPIs and probably focuses on winning percentage and rate of making finals.

This is why there is a complete disconnect between the views of board members and supporters on how the club is travelling. As supporters we have the luxury of being able to cut through the corporate governance bullshit and focus on the one thing that really matters - winning premierships.

Hopefully if Tredrea is elected he doesn't get swallowed up by the corporate crap and can demand accountability from the football department on their performance.

I'd consider this a veiled threat by Koch to destroy him. He didn't stay number 1 breakfast presenter with a head that Uncle Fester would reject by being a nice guy.

I'd consider this a veiled threat by Koch to destroy him. He didn't stay number 1 breakfast presenter with a head that Uncle Fester would reject by being a nice guy.

Veiled threats only work when the ones threatened have skeletons to hide.

I can assure you that David has a lot more to lose than Warren if it turns into a s**t slinging contest.

How have such a pathetic bunch of losers become the current custodians? Why are we in this position? Wish you all the luck in the world Tredders! I urge everyone that is able to get to the AGM. We shall not be moved.

Because it’s no longer about the football.

Do you think Holly Ransom and David Koch care more about the football team or their personal brands?

Wish cassisi was never a port captain. Pathetic turd of a player.
Many years ago, before Cassisi became captain, my wife and I were walking through Henley Square and Cassisi insulted my wife. If he hadn't been backed up by Matty Primus and a number of other senior players I would have punched his lights out. Disgusting human being.

I emailed the club about the incident and received a phone call from Hitaf Rasheed who apologised.

Yep and what worse all these so called past greats are absolutely weak staying silent

Hodges Wanganeen Fiacchi Ginever

While Warren Tredrea puts himself out calling out mediocrity

Our past greats should know better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back