Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Member voting rights are being advertised under the most affordable Adult membership- "Support from Home Club Membership"

It would be false advertising if new members (2024) & those who were members in the past who signed on specifically to vote weren't allowed to...

View attachment 1884876

The silence from the club on this is deafening and damning

Member voting rights are being advertised under the most affordable Adult membership- "Support from Home Club Membership"

It would be false advertising if new members (2024) & those who were members in the past who signed on specifically to vote weren't allowed to...

View attachment 1884876

Thanks for sharing this. I inquired via email with the membership team before Christmas, and they wrote to me that "new 2024 [members] will not be eligible to vote for this upcoming election".
I've just followed up using your image. Interested to see what I get back.

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 5.46.21 pm.png

If our Club is deterring potential members and their financial contributions because of their fear of Tredrea, that is unbelievably pathetic and probably a new low in professional sport.

Last edited:

lol imagine being David Koch, Ken Hinkley or Matthew Richardson. What a bunch of piss blasters.

Had a shirty exchange with him last year.

He was of the belief that criticism of Hinkley was completely out of the blue and fickle, as he’d seen none of it before Tredders riled everyone up.

Well yeah, when the bulk of your social media experience is restricted to the confines of that horrific ‘Ken Oath True Believers’ thought bubble, where even mild dissent is immediately blocked and purged, you wouldn’t would you Baz.
I remember upsetting Barry Curtin at the Alberton membership counter 5 or 6 years ago.

For some reason his cricket career with SA came up in conversation and I told him a mate and myself went to a shield match at the MCG in the early 1970's when SA were batting against the Vics, and he asked me how he did.

I told him `no good, but your picture was on the back page of the Sun the next day!'

Said pic was of Bazza playing what at a glance looked like a text book off drive, left foot forward, a full flourish of the bat with it finishing behind his head, and with him looking in the direction of where he expected the ball to end up as it crashed into the fence 70 or 80 metres away.

Unfortunately though the only crashing involving that ball was because Bazza missed it by plenty and had his off stump knocked out of the ground!

The Vic press have always loved taking the piss out of anything South Australian, and my memory of the heading for the pic was something along the lines of `lovely looking shot, but unfortunately no chocolates!' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Imagine Tredders vote gets up and then is Veto'd by 'the AFL'. Inb4 something like that happens.

If he was to be vetoed by the league the league wouldn't let him be up for election on the ballot in the first place.

If he was to be vetoed by the league the league wouldn't let him be up for election on the ballot in the first place.
Well when I say 'league' I meant Port Adelaide Powers that be maybe recommending to the AFL to not allow it. I guess one question is, is the vote counted by an independent company?

Well when I say 'league' I meant Port Adelaide Powers that be maybe recommending to the AFL to not allow it. I guess one question is, is the vote counted by an independent company?

The election is conducted by an independent party.

And the AFL won't reject Tredrea's nomination because there is absolutely no defensible reason to do so.

Thanks for sharing this. I inquired via email with the membership team before Christmas, and they wrote to me that "new 2024 [members] will not be eligible to vote for this upcoming election".
I've just followed up using your image. Interested to see what I get back.

View attachment 1884884

If our Club is deterring potential members and their financial contributions because of their fear of Tredrea, that is unbelievably pathetic and probably a new low in professional sport.
How can define a cut off the club hasn't provided evidence, in the club constitution nothing clear

FYI the members mentioned in the General Meeting section are not Club Members but board members who are the actual members of the club as per our constitution.

EDIT: Looks like tribey beat me to it.

In the definitions earlier in the constitution, club members are defined as the following:

Screenshot_20240111_211156_Drive.jpg

That certainly states that every time they use the term "club members" subsequently they mean anyone who has paid their annual subscription for club membership.

If you've paid your 2024 membership but weren't a 2023 member, I'd absolutely fight this. They have no right to prevent you from voting as per the constitution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20240111_211156_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240111_210610_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20240111_210700_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20240111_210731_Drive.jpg

The way these clauses read, a club member is anyone who has paid their annual subscription fee for club membership, and all club members must be allowed to vote. They could try to weazle out of it by saying that this is specifically the post 2023 season AGM and it refers to 2023 members, but that's not what the constitution says. The constitution says anyone who has paid their annual subscription for club membership can vote for the 2 club nominees.

I believe they're in breach of the constitution.

View attachment 1885026
View attachment 1885027View attachment 1885028View attachment 1885029

The way these clauses read, a club member is anyone who has paid their annual subscription fee for club membership, and all club members must be allowed to vote. They could try to weazle out of it by saying that this is specifically the post 2023 season AGM and it refers to 2023 members, but that's not what the constitution says. The constitution says anyone who has paid their annual subscription for club membership can vote for the 2 club nominees.

This is 100% what they’ll do based on clause 9.3, as there hasn’t been a AGM since the end of the 2023 season and the clause refers to members being invited to the next AGM.

In theory though if you were a 2023 member and are choosing not to renew then it reads to me as though you should have voting rights despite not renewing.

If the AGM hadn’t been moved from before the end of the calendar year to the eve of the new season it would be less confusing and less open to this sort of chicanery where they’re saying conflicting things in different mediums.

Last edited:
Under the Corporations Act, there is the Constitution and there are what is called Replace Rules, ie companies that could transition from old Memorandum and Articles of Association that were in place before the 2001 Act. But the company can also have internal governance rules as per Section 134.

This all stems from prior to the 1st November 2013 Constitution where the AFL took over ultimate control of the club, to the old Constitution where the SANFL had ultimate control.

Under the old Constitution, members were paid up to 31st October of year 20xx, the AGM was held the first (occasionally second) week of December of year 20xx, and most years membership packages didn't come out until the time of the AGM or later in December and there was no automatic renewals. So everything easily lined up.

Then as the club struggled financially and the move to Adelaide Oval happened, they introduced late November renewals, automatic renewals, instalment payments etc.

The 2012 AGM was held on 14 December 2012 and then Koch & co changed things as the 2013 AGM moved from December 2013 to 7th February 2014. And its stayed in February ever since.

Then in 2017, auto renewals went from November to October to copy what the crows did in 2016, and other clubs did, to make their balance sheet look better, and get about $3mil in auto renewal members paid in October, ie before the end of the financial year. Whilst doing this didn't increase profit for that 31st October financial year, it increased the cash at bank / lowered the overdraft or loan figures in the balance sheet.

So the club hasn't changed definitions, with the change in AGM and membership renewal dates, and has left things at the 31st October as the date you had to be financial by, to vote in any upcoming board member election for year XX but the AGM and Vote actually happens in January or February of year XX+1.

Not having to have an election every year, only 2 out of every 3 years, only about 1 in 15-20 AFL audited members voting, take out kids and non club members stuff, and it would be in the 1 in 12-15 range, plus not having a situation like this year, ie wanting to block a nominee, and the club has let it just slide thru.

I wrote initially in the AGM thread that you had to be a 2023 member ie paid up in full by 31st October 2023 to vote, but then changed my mind when Rowe become a member and he said he was going to vote for Tredders.

I thought the club aren't stupid enough to send him a membership form, let him fill it out, and then let him run his mouth off that he was eligible to vote in January 2024 because he bought a 2024 membership around 30th November 2023.

I was wrong about my club!

Under the Corporations Act, there is the Constitution and there are what is called Replace Rules, ie companies that could transition from old Memorandum and Articles of Association that were in place before the 2001 Act. But the company can also have internal governance rules as per Section 134.

This all stems from prior to the 1st November 2013 Constitution where the AFL took over ultimate control of the club, to the old Constitution where the SANFL had ultimate control.

Under the old Constitution, members were paid up to 31st October of year 20xx, the AGM was held the first (occasionally second) week of December of year 20xx, and most years membership packages didn't come out until the time of the AGM or later in December and there was no automatic renewals. So everything easily lined up.

Then as the club struggled financially and the move to Adelaide Oval happened, they introduced late November renewals, automatic renewals, instalment payments etc.

The 2012 AGM was held on 14 December 2012 and then Koch & co changed things as the 2013 AGM moved from December 2013 to 7th February 2014. And its stayed in February ever since.

Then in 2017, auto renewals went from November to October to copy what the crows did in 2016, and other clubs did, to make their balance sheet look better, and get about $3mil in auto renewal members paid in October, ie before the end of the financial year. Whilst doing this didn't increase profit for that 31st October financial year, it increased the cash at bank / lowered the overdraft or loan figures in the balance sheet.

So the club hasn't changed definitions, with the change in AGM and membership renewal dates, and has left things at the 31st October as the date you had to be financial by, to vote in any upcoming board member election for year XX but the AGM and Vote actually happens in January or February of year XX+1.

Not having to have an election every year, only 2 out of every 3 years, only about 1 in 15-20 AFL audited members voting, take out kids and non club members stuff, and it would be in the 1 in 12-15 range, plus not having a situation like this year, ie wanting to block a nominee, and the club has let it just slide thru.

I wrote initially in the AGM thread that you had to be a 2023 member ie paid up in full by 31st October 2023 to vote, but then changed my mind when Rowe become a member and he said he was going to vote for Tredders.

I thought the club aren't stupid enough to send him a membership form, let him fill it out, and then let him run his mouth off that he was eligible to vote in January 2024 because he bought a 2024 membership around 30th November 2023.

I really hope Rowe kicks up a fuss if he's not allowed to vote! I think the constitution would indicate he can, as a club member. As you say, it's insane that the club would be so petty over what will be such a small percentage of votes, but that's our club at the moment. Petty, small minded losers who will do petty, small minded things to feather their own nests.

2023 members must be invited to the following AGM (i.e. the AGM of 2024).

All club members (not specified most recent season) have right to vote in nominee elections. All 2024 members at the time of the AGM will meet this criteria.

View attachment 1885026
View attachment 1885027View attachment 1885028View attachment 1885029

Only if they actually enact what they have gotten Rucci to say.

More than likely they will allow everyone to vote as per the constitution.

The Rucci article is just to minimise the amount of people who sign up just to vote for Tredders.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

2023 members must be invited to the following AGM (i.e. the AGM of 2024).

All club members (not specified most recent season) have right to vote in nominee elections. All 2024 members at the time of the AGM will meet this criteria.
Kids under 18 can't vote. That is both an internal club rule as well as an AFL rule.

I have to check the Corporations Act, but I don't think a shareholder of a company, public or private, who is under 18, can vote for any resolutions or for board members.

Grêmio’s “Estatuto” (Constitution):

Art. 55. A Assembleia Geral é constituída dos associados maiores de 16 (dezesseis) anos, pertencentes ao quadro social há mais de 2 (dois) anos, ininterruptamente, e em situação regular com o GRÊMIO nos 12 (doze) meses anteriores a realização da eleição.

So, in order to be able to vote, one must be a member for the previous two years and cannot be in debt with the club.

This avoids a sudden push in admissions to favor a candidacy.

Koch and co have seen that memberships haves dropped and the forecast ain't looking great with the dissent of resigning hinkley.

This election will make us buy memberships again to vote but looks like we won't be able to vote. They know what they are doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back