Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Craig McRae walked out on Collingwood tomorrow and stated that he wants to return to SA, even then a large portion of our supporter base would still be unsure if he’s suitable to replace Hinkley.

If Craig McRae walked out on Collingwood tomorrow and stated that he wants to return to SA, even then a large portion of our supporter base would still be unsure if he’s suitable to replace Hinkley.
Clarkson and Hardwick the most successful AND Port connected coaches in the game weren’t seen as good enough by the brainwashed, tells you all you need to know.

Just go with “A shoe…I would replace him with a literal shoe”.
I've said to people on a couple of occasions "with an orange plastic bollard".
They weren't impressed, however I wasn't impressed with Ken, so it balances out i the end.

All the signs suggest Warren will win, but right up until the announcement I’ll worry that we’ll be disappointed, just like so many other times over the last few years.
I mean, we exist to disappoint should be the motto at this point.

Clarkson and Hardwick the most successful AND Port connected coaches in the game weren’t seen as good enough by the brainwashed, tells you all you need to know.
To be honest, I was sceptical about both of them simply because I wondered whether they still had the drive and determination to do it again after pretty much making footy their life at other clubs for years. But I still definitely wanted Ken gone and still believe that there are fresh, new coaches out there that would be great for us, especially given the quality of the list they would have.

How dumb are people? Loved Aber when he burst onto the scene as a 17 year old, wonderful player and club great but...........he was literally on the Board when we almost went under. I understand the pillars were put in place before idiot Koch arrived however Aber was a director before that.
In saying that, Hinkley is in his twelfth year. Some people are scarily dumb.
A large portion of our supporters are pathetically dumb. I just laugh these days. Let them pay for their memberships, get the same results and believe the rhetoric. Let them die inside slowly....

Those people think that “who are you going to get?” is a massive flex.

It’s not. They’re literally admitting that they don’t know enough about the topic to have an opinion on it. How many of these people do you think would have considered Craig McRae or Adam Kingsley?
I just say to these people that with that mindset we would never have hired their beloved Hinkley in the first place as he was an untried assistant coach.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people here dream of the day that we become a member run club where members elect all board members but I have a feeling that if Tredrea gets up Koch might attempt to use it as evidence that we need to go in the opposite direction and have all board members appointed by the AFL.

Along with Kingsley, it kinda drives you nuts when you have a look under the bonnet and see what we have compared to what some of the other clubs have been able to procure inside our house.

I think this might even get worse if we look at the coaching trees of Clarkson and Hardwick too.

They probably make the argument that Clarkson and Hardwick have lost the fire in the belly compared to the raging determination and unbridled ambition of Ken Hinkley

to ride the Port gravy train as far as possible before someone replaces the clowns in charge who keep reappointing him.

They probably make the argument that Clarkson and Hardwick have lost the fire in the belly compared to the raging determination and unbridled ambition of Ken Hinkley

Don’t forget selflessness.

Other coaches are in it for money and ego, whereas our man deigns to remain in the job here out of the pure goodness of his heart.

After losing an eliminate final with the previous 2 seasons being no shows and already bags packed for another club? That would've been appropriately ruthless

Less so, after 5 years without a single finals win

And, if that doesn't cut it, the worst prelim final loss followed by the weakest opening to the next season (including that embarrassment for God's tribute)

Easy
Any of them yep, I would've understood and supported a change after the Richmond prelim

The Bulldogs Prelim should have been the absolute final straw

As if the argument held any water, we'd be seeing coaches with tenure like state government middle management bureaucrats and no upturn in outcome for the clubs that do move a coach on

The other logical rebuttal along those lines is, if ‘he can’t kick it for’em’ and apparently has so little influence over onfield happenings in finals, why are we paying him millions of dollars and pretending he’s irreplaceable year after year?

Those people think that “who are you going to get?” is a massive flex.

It’s not. They’re literally admitting that they don’t know enough about the topic to have an opinion on it. How many of these people do you think would have considered Craig McRae or Adam Kingsley?

Adam Kingsley was used as the "we should keep Ken, because this is all thats available" option by Kane.

The "Who are you gonna get" argument just outs people as having zero idea about footy or sports in general.

It's a tacit acknowledgement that Hinkley isn't good enough (otherwise you'd say "why would you replace the coach?"), but they don't understand the league or common practices for hiring and firing coaches well enough to comment, or worse, they've listened to and are now parroting the complete deadshits that make up most of the Adelaide footy media.

Unfortunately this is incorrect. Koch is a self-proclaimed 'professional bullshitter', he can and will argue whatever he likes with no regard for whether or not it's true.

This it the point, Koch has been doing this anyway and the media just nod in agreement because ultimately they don't care.

We'll be relying on some in the media to go a bit harder at Koch when reporting on Tredders' election of course, but it's a better position than we were in. The hope we have is that it's a good story for the likes of Caroline Wilson to make it sound like there's turmoil at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back