Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. The only senior figure held accountable is the guy that was talking about accountability as a part of the fabric of the club.

Classic.

Remember when he went full Iraqi Propaganda Minister in 2019 and was like, “omg we’re so young tho! Kenny sacrificed his career to pivot the list towards youth! we’ve just got to accept that a team of foetuses are gonna be inconsistent unforch!”,

After Ken himself declared the Round 1 win over Melbourne as the best in his time here.

E7AC4FD8-D606-41E8-ACE4-D925313083A2.jpeg

And nobody called them on it. It was just universally accepted that Baby Ports had steamrolled Jurassic Malbin.

And the “I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag/We’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond” Bowl, when it looked like the entire Dimma era was at the crossroads at 1-2 minus their five best players:

8E89751C-71A0-45CC-A60F-B8EA49C33B10.jpeg

He did some solid work did Keith, but the idea from some quarters that he should receive the equivalent of a knighthood and sit comfortably alongside the club greats, is absolutely mindboggling.

Remember when he went full Iraqi Propaganda Minister in 2019 and was like, “omg we’re so young tho! Kenny sacrificed his career to pivot the list towards youth! we’ve just got to accept that a team of foetuses are gonna be inconsistent unforch!”,

After Ken himself declared the Round 1 win over Melbourne as the best in his time here.

View attachment 1921137

And nobody called them on it. It was just universally accepted that Baby Ports had steamrolled Jurassic Malbin.

And the “I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag/We’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond” Bowl, when it looked like the entire Dimma era was at the crossroads at 1-2 minus their five best players:

View attachment 1921138

He did some solid work did Keith, but the idea from some quarters that he should receive the equivalent of a knighthood and sit comfortably alongside the club greats, is absolutely mindboggling.
You have to admit, he did carry the ice once.

You have to admit, he did carry the ice once.

He was a fantastic public face amidst the tragedy at the end of 2012 too. So there were undoubtedly high points.

Let the football side of things slide as the decade wore on, though.

He was a fantastic public face amidst the tragedy at the end of 2012 too. So there were undoubtedly high points.

Agree. I had totally turned off him by the end, so many promises, so many disappointments.
His replacement isn’t any better either.

He carried the loss of McCarthy incredibly well and embraced the club during his time here, but in terms of performance he was just the Norwood plant we were worried about when it was gleefully announced by that absolute sh*tstain Rob Lucas in parliament while Haysman was still in the chair.

He carried the loss of McCarthy incredibly well and embraced the club during his time here, but in terms of performance he was just the Norwood plant we were worried about when it was gleefully announced by that absolute sh*tstain Rob Lucas in parliament while Haysman was still in the chair.

It’s no surprise that, as CEO, he followed the club’s path from excitement to disappointment as the years went by.

However, as important as a CEO may be, it’s not the top of the chain. I would give KT the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps with the right boss, he could have become a Portman like many before him did. There was potential, at least.

KT was far from perfect but, unlike Hinkley, Koch and Richo, I do believe that he genuinely actually tried to do what was best for the club rather than just feathering his own nest. Feels like it should be a pretty low bar, but it's one the current custodians have failed to clear.

KT was far from perfect but, unlike Hinkley, Koch and Richo, I do believe that he genuinely actually tried to do what was best for the club rather than just feathering his own nest. Feels like it should be a pretty low bar, but it's one the current custodians have failed to clear.
Not getting a 2nd major sponsor only real reason he's still not ceo

The fact that he's basically the only person of any significance to resign during this entire 12 year long farce says something about his character and integrity in knowing that it was time to give someone else a go. The same can't be said for Koch, Cardone, Richardson, Davies, Hinkley and others.

KT was the best of the 3K'S and the only one to accept he had run his race, so he bowed out gracefully.

Of the other two kern will eventually accept a pay out, but I suspect the kokmeister wants the president's gig for life and a shrine erected to honour him at the entrance to Alberton oval.

The fact that he's basically the only person of any significance to resign during this entire 12 year long farce says something about his character and integrity in knowing that it was time to give someone else a go. The same can't be said for Koch, Cardone, Richardson, Davies, Hinkley and others.
That he did it for Hinkley really soiled what could have been an admirable act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did some good things but I find it so hard to ever forgive KT for his part in co-captains. In many ways I hold him most responsible for what should have been the easiest conversation in football history.

Ken: "Look Keith picking a captain is scary I want to just cop out of it"

KT: "No"

Agree. And generally the collapse of reasonable standards. Hinkley should have been sacked well before KT left and Koch and his Care Bear attitude needed to be managed by a football person who knew what success looked like.

He failed in that duty. Similarly to Davies for me. Sure he's well regarded, sure he does a lot of things well, but you can't be one of the key decision makers at Port Adelaide over the last decade and escape criticism.

This is what I reckon tredders is doing.... Everything is positive so when Hinkley doesn't live up to it.... Then tredders is there ready.

Or he just genuinely believes we are fitter and better prepared for this season after a strong pre season?

Yeah he will definitely come after Ken if it turns to s**t but I think tredders sounds genuinely bullish about 2024 from what he’s seen during the pre season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A reminder that as the heading of this thread states - Football discussion only. If you want to discuss Warren's court case please go to the Covid thread in Black Diamond Corner.

Interesting and extremely disappointing that Boaky's inaugural captain at the Club was an omission at this event. Wasn't even invited as I understand. Cassisi (the organiser) needs to get over his insecurities.

Interesting and extremely disappointing that Boaky's inaugural captain at the Club was an omission at this event. Wasn't even invited as I understand. Cassisi (the organiser) needs to get over his insecurities.

Jesus Christ what the hell is going on down there? That’s appallingly bad form.

Cassisi is a knob

Remove this Banner Ad

Back