Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

In a vacuum, probably.
But when you consider that every single one of his comments will get magnified if it in any way, shape or form critiques the coaching group, he is simply doing everything to avoid that happening.

I understand everyone's frustration - and short of people speaking with Warren directly, there is definitely an element of blind faith involved.
I can only speak for myself.

No way can I continue to endorse the man until he announces minus confusion where he intends his punches to land.

Love Warren the player. Like Warren the commentator. Jury is definitely still out on Warren the board member. And naivety has nothing to do with it.
How long have you been following footy? 4, 5 maybe 6 decades.

I have for 5 decades and what I have learnt, once I stopped playing the game and started talking to people who had inside contacts, public football talk is about bullshit and deception. Dont believe everything football people say in public.

If you meet enough people you find out how reality is so different to well developed public myths and perceptions.

Its a bigger game off the field than on the field and its usually a clandestine one off the field.

Tredrea can refrain from a second dose of "untenable" without making "itz on der playerz"-type comments.
Absolutely. Not happy, Warren.

I know the players had two tough games, then a longer break, and may have been a little over-confident. Perhaps these were reasons for not turning up fully.

The problem with blaming the players, Warren, was that this was team-wide. Not just a few players, but almost all.

In the instance of the entire team not being switched on, not being first to the ball, slow to react, non-proactive, then it is a coaching fault. Hinkley's fault. Just as in the WB final.

Those of you defending Tredrea are probably correct, that he has not joined Kornes as a Hinkley sycophant, but blaming the players in this instance is wrong.

Therefore, some suspicion that Warren has apparently changed his mind is justified.

Absolutely. Not happy, Warren.

I know the players had two tough games, then a longer break, and may have been a little over-confident. Perhaps these were reasons for not turning up fully.

The problem with blaming the players, Warren, was that this was team-wide. Not just a few players, but almost all.

In the instance of the entire team not being switched on, not being first to the ball, slow to react, non-proactive, then it is a coaching fault. Hinkley's fault. Just as in the WB final.

Those of you defending Tredrea are probably correct, that he has not joined Kornes as a Hinkley sycophant, but blaming the players in this instance is wrong.

Therefore, some suspicion that Warren has apparently changed his mind is justified.

Why can’t it be on the players as much as anything? however it’s because the place has been allowed to fester so long with Hinkley the Jekyll and Hyde exists, they are linked.

But it’s Ok because if you heard Blight applauding Hinkleys record on SEN last night it’s all good. He spoke to Hinkley and i turned it off when they spoke about how hard the competition is.

They didn’t speak about his finals record.

PS Hinks will have a 60% winning record if we beat North and Blight says that is amazing, GF high fives soon enough yeah?

Can we just not piss off the one guy who is on our side?

He already has 9 board members telling him we are totally irrational and unreasonable.

Let's not give him an excuse to think they might be right.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yup. People wanting him to shout from the rooftops about Hinkley are delusional. I also don't understand "well I wouldn't have voted him in if I knew this was how it was going to be" crew. Most organizations have some sort of agreement that you can not publicly slag off the organization that employs you. Warren needs to work from the inside and up until there's support for any major change, do what is best for the team while he working at what is best for the club. You can't go about saying that our goal is to win a premiership while acting in ways that harm that. Unless there's overwhelming support to can Hinkley during the season, he's better off supporting them as much as possible while trying to contextualize this season in the greater performance of the club over the last 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anguished Port fans thinking WGT is going to speak out on their behalf publicly is naive at best. He is one man against many but has the strength to carry our message behind close doors. You will have to accept that you will not get any satisfaction from his public commentary going forward. That's his job.

What we need is new voices rising up who are prepared to call out the club publicly that has no official ties or restraints.

Yup. People wanting him to shout from the rooftops about Hinkley are delusional. I also don't understand "well I wouldn't have voted him in if I knew this was how it was going to be" crew. Most organizations have some sort of agreement that you can not publicly slag off the organization that employs you. Warren needs to work from the inside and up until there's support for any major change, do what is best for the team while he working at what is best for the club. You can't go about saying that our goal is to win a premiership while acting in ways that harm that. Unless there's overwhelming support to can Hinkley during the season, he's better off supporting them as much as possible while trying to contextualize this season in the greater performance of the club over the last 20 years.
"I wouldn't have voted him in if I knew this was how it was going to be" is interesting considering the choice was Tredrea, who despite now working behind closed doors and speaking out less we know where he stands, or Abernethy, who was clearly the club plant after the incumbent board member dropped out.

He was the clear choice for people wanting change. I get that after 12 years of dross people want swift change, but regrettably this is going to require patience and a little faith that the guy who has called out bad performance for years and years hasn't been swayed by 3 months of board meetings. Tredrea is the right man for the job, and he needs to be in the room when the topic of the coach is raised, there's no sense in kicking heads in now when you're playing the long game.

Port has a board member agreement that covers these exact points and is quite restrictive.

Koch has referenced it with pride several times.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a vacuum, probably.
But when you consider that every single one of his comments will get magnified if it in any way, shape or form critiques the coaching group, he is simply doing everything to avoid that happening.

I understand everyone's frustration - and short of people speaking with Warren directly, there is definitely an element of blind faith involved.
Win for the club and Ken then isn’t it.
He has basically shut himself up.

Win for the club and Ken then isn’t it.
He has basically shut himself up.

I said over 12 months ago if the Club were smart they would have gotten Warren into the fold back then b cause it is was the easiest way to shut him up publicly.

But I know I would much prefer him asking the tough questions inside the 4 walls as opposed to taking pot shots from the bleachers like the rest of us.

Anguished Port fans thinking WGT is going to speak out on their behalf publicly is naive at best. He is one man against many but has the strength to carry our message behind close doors. You will have to accept that you will not get any satisfaction from his public commentary going forward. That's his job.

What we need is new voices rising up who are prepared to call out the club publicly that has no official ties or restraints.

New voices or ex players have all been muzzled.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back