WC Bigfooty supporters player of the year..

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in too. I may not post much, but I'm here every day.

My votes:

5. fletcher
4. Wilson
3. Cousins
2. Embley
1. Phil Matera

Belgarion

5 Fletcher
4 Embley (blinder!)
3 Wilson
2 Jakovich
1 Uhhh... Pe Matera (with apologies to Gairdner)

Sat down to watch the tape this morning - and I'd taped 3 hours of the wrong channel. Damn you co-broadcasters!

Originally posted by carneagles
[B

Sat down to watch the tape this morning - and I'd taped 3 hours of the wrong channel. Damn you co-broadcasters! [/B]

Before I headed down to the game, I put on the video to tape the game. The batteries in the remote were dead and i could not tune the bloody thing to channel 9

Damn batteries!

Count me in, I used to do the old 3-2-1 every round last year on the offical WCE website before it became munted.

My 5 for this round

5 - Fletcher
4 - Wilson
3 - Embley
2 - Cousins
1 - Gardiner

Ok so we have got :

jod23
Goldenblue
Khat
Thrawn666
Mentalgrind
Carneagles
GoEagles
Belgarion
Iceman
D4E's
Frodo
VOR
Eagle_Fan

Ive gotten votes from everyone except EF and will wait a few days before posting up the leaders after round 1 as i think a few guys like Vis, EKA, WA havent seen the thread and im sure they would want to participate.

I'll help out if you like?
Seeing as im doin votes for a player of the year thing i already got votes for the eagles players from sunday which were:
5 - Fletcher
4- Embley
3- Gardiner
2- Wilson
1- Taylor

Originally posted by Macca19
I'll help out if you like?
Seeing as im doin votes for a player of the year thing i already got votes for the eagles players from sunday which were:
5 - Fletcher
4- Embley
3- Gardiner
2- Wilson
1- Taylor

Cheers Macca but if you start ill need your votes from every game this season, you up to that? Could be good to get an outsiders view on things too.

Also interesting that Cousins didnt make your top 5. I thought at half time the gmae was up for grabs and Cuz came out in the third quarter and had 12 possesions to really drive West Coast into a winning position. Ended the game with 29 touches.

Originally posted by jod23

Cheers Macca but if you start ill need your votes from every game this season, you up to that? Could be good to get an outsiders view on things too.

Yeah im up for it...ill be watching every single match this year, and eveyr match ill be casting votes on players so yeah...ill do it!

Also interesting that Cousins didnt make your top 5. I thought at half time the gmae was up for grabs and Cuz came out in the third quarter and had 12 possesions to really drive West Coast into a winning position. Ended the game with 29 touches.

I had Cousins down as the 7th best Eagle. Jackovich was 6th. Cousins didnt enter my thoughts until the second half. He was almost unsighted in the first half...but was excellent in the third and fourth quarters. Cousins had a fine game...i just thought there were 6 players that performed better than him on the day. Fletcher was awesome...Embley (who i consider close to a hack) played a bloody great game...best game ive seen him play...Gardiner i thought was best on ground in the first half, Wilson was great early and really made the most out of his chances...and Taylor had a consistent game mopping up everything in defence.

Originally posted by Macca19

Yeah im up for it...ill be watching every single match this year, and eveyr match ill be casting votes on players so yeah...ill do it!

I had Cousins down as the 7th best Eagle. Jackovich was 6th. Cousins didnt enter my thoughts until the second half. He was almost unsighted in the first half...but was excellent in the third and fourth quarters. Cousins had a fine game...i just thought there were 6 players that performed better than him on the day. Fletcher was awesome...Embley (who i consider close to a hack) played a bloody great game...best game ive seen him play...Gardiner i thought was best on ground in the first half, Wilson was great early and really made the most out of his chances...and Taylor had a consistent game mopping up everything in defence.

Excellent, an outsiders view is always welcome. Will look forward to your votes every week.

On Cousins, yes fair enough, i had him at 3 because i thought he stood up when he needed to (third quarter and second half overall) and he kicked a pretty good goal. Plus only Fletcher and Bell got more of the ball, agree though that by his standards it was an off game.

If you watch every game this season im sure you'll change your mind on Embly by the end of the season. He's only 20 and he could really turn the corner this season and become a constant target at Half Forward. Taylor i though was particularly good in the first half but Medhurst got on top of him in the second half and Collica was switched onto him. I would have had Taylor around 7th or 8th though.

Cheers for your votes though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jod23
Goldenblue
Khat
Thrawn666
Mentalgrind
Carneagles
GoEagles
Belgarion
Iceman
D4E's
Frodo
VOR
Eagle_Fan
Buzz
Macca

Will wait another day to see if any others wanna join in and should have the first round leaders up by Wednesday or Tuesday night...

Okay, I'll do it.

My top 5 players (5 being the best obviously):

Fletcher - 5
Embley - 4
Gardiner - 3
Ph Matera - 2
Cousins - 1

If it's not too late, I'm in.

5. Wilson
4. Fletcher
3. Embley
2. Cousins
1. Jakovich

Visro - no Wilson? What does the guy have to do? :confused:

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

Yeah, don't be like that. All Eagles together. We'll have arguments, but let's not keep at it. Reserve all available vitriol for passing Dockers fans.

I always thought this was a great board. Eagles fans pulling together, but I suppose it had to end sometime. Well done EF, you win hands down. I really don't want to be in a similar competition to EF. I'd probably prefer Kuepper. At least he's an honest sniper.

Originally posted by Frodo

I always thought this was a great board. Eagles fans pulling together, but I suppose it had to end sometime. Well done EF, you win hands down. I really don't want to be in a similar competition to EF. I'd probably prefer Kuepper. At least he's an honest sniper.

So your out then??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back