Opinion It’s The Voice, try and understand it : WCE supports The Voice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look it's a pretty simple decision for me- people are entitled to their racial proclivities.
May a 1000 blossoms bloom as far as Im concerned.
But I aint wasting any time on it because meanwhile,every 3 months, a person is torn to pieces by a crocodile in North Queensland.

Not as much as an economics reporter from The Australian, that’s for sure.
Like this today Migs: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/co...k/news-story/f59ac59a794c3ad49038437b40d4a5ff

'Next week Jim Chalmers will deliver the economic equivalent of an Olympic gold medal if he announces the first surplus Labor budget achieved in more than 24 years. It will be an economic achievement built on the back of a resources sector that once again has over-delivered.
The budget has benefited from some notorious low-balling of coal and iron figures from the October budget update, but nonetheless it seems likely to be a hard-dollar surplus that we should all be proud of as a nation.

And we’ve got Chalmers to thank for that economic good fortune as Labor’s Treasurer.'

Like this today Migs: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/co...k/news-story/f59ac59a794c3ad49038437b40d4a5ff

'Next week Jim Chalmers will deliver the economic equivalent of an Olympic gold medal if he announces the first surplus Labor budget achieved in more than 24 years. It will be an economic achievement built on the back of a resources sector that once again has over-delivered.
The budget has benefited from some notorious low-balling of coal and iron figures from the October budget update, but nonetheless it seems likely to be a hard-dollar surplus that we should all be proud of as a nation.

And we’ve got Chalmers to thank for that economic good fortune as Labor’s Treasurer.'

1 - Different reporter mate
2 - An economics reporter would be better placed to provide commentary on economics rather than law and politics, yeah?
3 - Great to see you've brought your Murdoch apologist posting to the WCE board too

What’s that got to do with the Voice?

As someone who has almost daily for the last four years been inside the homes of some of the most disadvantaged first nations people, I can say without hesitation that anything we can do to try and uplift them is worth doing, costs be damned.

You don't understand how bad it is until you've been there and you experience these people's lives first hand.

The voice is a long overdue first step in positively shifting the momentum of this poverty spiral many first nations people are living in, and I for one am glad my footy club is supporting it.

1 - Different reporter mate
2 - An economics reporter would be better placed to provide commentary on economics rather than law and politics, yeah?
3 - Great to see you've brought your Murdoch apologist posting to the WCE board too

I didnt raise it. Happy to put the record straight.

As someone who has almost daily for the last four years been inside the homes of some of the most disadvantaged first nations people, I can say without hesitation that anything we can do to try and uplift them is worth doing, costs be damned.

You don't understand how bad it is until you've been there and you experience these people's lives first hand.

The voice is a long overdue first step in positively shifting the momentum of this poverty spiral many first nations people are living in, and I for one am glad my footy club is supporting it.

I agree it has to deliver - will it for those in your experience & how.

I agree it has to deliver - will it for those in your experience & how.
It's not the panacea for everything that they are facing, nor is it claiming to be.

However it will begin rebuilding the trust that has been completely lost by most First Nations people in that position. (At least I feel so based on my conversations with those people, anecdotal evidence only I acknowledge).

What we're doing now is very clearly not working, something needs to change.

Your comment:

Todays comment .... not what you needed it to be?

I’m still not following.

I commented about the reliability of an economics reporter giving an opinion on constitutional law issues, in the context of one of them saying the Voice supposedly has a 50 per cent chance of being struck down.

I don’t actually give a s**t what else he writes about.

I’m still not following.

I commented about the reliability of an economics reporter giving an opinion on constitutional law issues, in the context of one of them saying the Voice supposedly has a 50 per cent chance of being struck down.

I don’t actually give a s**t what else he writes about.

I tried to help your understanding of what the economic reporting in todays Aus is. You dont care, good luck to you.

It's not the panacea for everything that they are facing, nor is it claiming to be.

However it will begin rebuilding the trust that has been completely lost by most First Nations people in that position. (At least I feel so based on my conversations with those people, anecdotal evidence only I acknowledge).

What we're doing now is very clearly not working, something needs to change.

Thanks, its your personal experience that I value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tried to help your understanding of what the economic reporting in todays Aus is. You dont care, good luck to you.

Read the thread title, then ask yourself why that would be at all relevant.

Someone called it last week. The federal government has given the AFL $240M for Tassie stadium, so the AFL clubs have to be pro voice. I don't think there's anything more to it.
Orrr theres a hugely disproportionate percentage of aboriginal folks involved in footy and the afl is representing them.

Must be the same reason the Tasmanian Premier broke Liberal ranks to support it. Huge Aboriginal population in Tassie.

Have any of the state Liberals gone along with the Federal stance? Feels like Dutton might end up out on his own on this one.

It was definitely a good idea for him to support it.

Well he just got gifted a footy team and a federal government to stump up cash to help fund a new stadium it so I’m sure his favour wouldn’t be for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back