Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon they were pretty regularly 2:40pm games though. That blew out to 3:20pm and beyond when they moved to Optus. 4pm+ is a joke. There must be another gig at Optus that weekend which requires reconfiguration of seating or something 🤔

Springboks are over in August, so that might disrupt the footy as well.
As Bender_ said nothing makes Mondayitis worse than heading home on the train from the footy well into Sunday evening; win, lose or draw.

Plus given I take my 5yo son to the footy getting home at around 8pm isn’t great on a school night.

Graveyard shift treatment from the vAFL is being exacerbated given we’re sheisenhaus at the moment.

pretty sure we had late Sunday games in our prime years

Sunday arvo subi games were our flat track ones

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was always 2.40 & 3.20 for years. 4.10 is taking the piss. Though I think 4/5pm starts on a Sunday is a regular thing in Victoria for the s**t sides of the time.

As Bender_ said nothing makes Mondayitis worse than heading home on the train from the footy well into Sunday evening; win, lose or draw.

Plus given I take my 5yo son to the footy getting home at around 8pm isn’t great on a school night.

Graveyard shift treatment from the vAFL is being exacerbated given we’re sheisenhaus at the moment.

I've got pretty regular access to tickets and the Sunday arvo timeslot is the primary reason I haven't taken my young bloke yet (same age as yours).

How do you guys get your kids to stay still for 3hrs.

Ive always thought of taking mine but they have no interest in footy and would be climbing the walls after 30mins

We're going back a long time but essentially being front row helped a lot, was super into footy and the fear of god gaze if he got too rowdy was enough.

Also used to take cold KFC to games.

How do you guys get your kids to stay still for 3hrs.

Ive always thought of taking mine but they have no interest in footy and would be climbing the walls after 30mins
Take his foam-wrapped kiddy tablet with us, basically spends the second half watching youtube kids, but keeps him quiet while I go nuts, so works for both of us...

We're going back a long time but essentially being front row helped a lot, was super into footy and the fear of god gaze if he got too rowdy was enough.

Also used to take cold KFC to games.

Must admit the kfc at subi oval back in the day on the hill used to sell some great greasy bird that hit the spot.

And no Balta as well, round 5 v tigers could be a chance for a win
Cracking Up Lol GIF

And no Balta as well, round 5 v tigers could be a chance for a win
Can't see it myself. Even at home.

Right now I'm struggling to see any away wins in 2024.
Possible wins may be...
R8 - Home to Essendon. A chance but I wouldn't be putting any money on it.
R12 - H to StK. Maybe, just maybe.
R13 - H to Norf. Possibly our best chance of the year.
R16 - H to Hawks. Just a maybe.

Surely we get lucky (kick straight 10-4 while they kick 5-22) in one of those games.

Right now the odds on a winless season must be pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's always random wins that pop up. Us vs the Dogs last season. North beat Richmond out of the blue in 2022. There'll be a random one in there we never picked.

2-21 is my prediction. Simpson to see out the year and get the arse.

So Gather Round has 4 non Vic teams having to play in country SA?
The Mt Barker ground only has a low capacity (10,000?) so I think they've scheduled the lowest-crowd-potential games there, in terms of expected numbers of travelling fans from Perth, Sydney and Gold Coast.

Having said that, at last years game there were plenty of Brisbane fans who had travelled over. Plenty of North fans too.

West Coast and Sydney have decent numbers of supporters in Adelaide, GWS and GC less so.

There's always random wins that pop up. Us vs the Dogs last season. North beat Richmond out of the blue in 2022. There'll be a random one in there we never picked.

2-21 is my prediction. Simpson to see out the year and get the arse.
We're a chance against Richmond in round 5, their second interstate game in a row missing some quality players through injury.

Could pinch one of the North/Hawks games at home too.

From what I can see there a 3 x 4 game blocks where we are a shot of winning...

Rounds 5-8

Rounds 12-16

Rounds 19-22

I'm really hoping we can snag min. 1 win in each block and obv the more the better

The other games I assume we'll be taken care of quite comfortably.

Hopefully our best players are primed for these blocks

so far so good lads!

I just checked the fixture and realised we don't play Carlton or Geelong until the last two weeks of the season! How does that even happen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back