Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't prove he spat at Allir Allir. Further, if you look at WHE first gesture of pushing his head forward like a chicken, he does the same thing during the "alleged" spitting action.

Nothing in it imo. If he gets a week for this and Gaz gets nothing for his right hook, then I officially give up on the MRP.
I think more would have been made of it and there would be a bigger response from the Sydney players surely? You can't see him spitting there just moving his head multiple times. I would think Sydney would be well within their rights to make a complaint about it (which they probably would if any of the players bought it up) and the AFL would find him guilty and hand him a punishment.

I don't overlook it and agree it's something he needs to improve but the good far outweighs the bad. Honestly if you don't think so you are seriously short sighted (inb4 "jUsT LiKe hIS KiCkInG amirite").

2019 Phillips Kicking Efficiency:
R1 - 43.8%
R2 - 77.8%
R3 - 50%
R4 - 73.7%
R5 - 26.7%
R6 - 56.3%
R7 - 62.5%
R8 - 38.1%
R9 - 61.5%
R10 - 35.7%

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah he's had a couple of good games this year. Thought his R4 game against the Doggies probably his best 4 quarter performance. Was good against Port in R7 and while his 1st 3 quarters against the Blues were ordinary his last quarter where he had 13-14 possessions was likely his best footy this year. But that's been punctuated by a lot of pretty forgettable/ordinary to average football. Overall, he's well short on his 2018 early - mid season form but if he was more consistently at those good 2019 levels I certainly wouldn't have an issue with him being considered in the "his good outweighs the bad" category. He's currently below that though.

We won by seven kicks. The umps didn't alter the result. Then midfield keeps winning us games. Wells on one leg is still in our best 10. Roughhead has grown from our worst player in the first few rounds to being in the best.

We are off the boil, but still winning. I hope Bucks can switch the important players back in without disruption: he's done enough to keep us winning despite a bit of a revolving door of injuries (it was worse last year and he did it then): thats actually pretty good coaching from a I guy I wanted sacked 16 months ago. He's on par with Hardwick who has similar (if not worse) problems this year.

I reckon if we had Cox and Goo out there we would've won by 40 points. We have Daicos and Sier hungry for a midfield spot, and they're behind Adams. We have Moore to come back and Quaynor looking to debut soon. I hope this doesn't mozz us but its looking pretty good ATM

Okay, managed to watch the first half of the game so far and a couple of observations...

I didn't think Magden was as bad as I have been reading especially given his background and he isn't slow either. Wouldn't write him off just yet. Time.

The other thing was that we kicked 4.6 in the second quarter and the Swans kicked 2 quick goals. Both times, Reid was in the ruck. Grundy was only off the ground for two minutes.

Can’t remember suggesting weaker and smaller would be a benefit. My argument is simply that his advantages come largely from being light on his feet, and a lot of extra weight would risk compromising that. I think the conditioning team would agree with my point, btw, and would factor it in to his programme.

At 78kg going up to a lean 88kg at his height (189cm) would still have him "light on his feet". Would maintain all agility at that weight think Chris Judd at WC he was 189cm and 88kg.

Wouldn't impede him at all, that is not a hulking weight that would impede agility or speed.

Jayden gets a lot of ball from straight leads or running back to goal in straight lines going up to 88kg wouldn't change his game and I bet that is his long term aspiration as well as the conditioning staffs.

There is no way on earth they (coaches or conditioning staff) want him staying at 78kg @ 189cm long term.

Last edited:
If Olympic sprinting involved 40 efforts instead of 1, with plenty of aerobic running in between, the athletes might be inclined to carry a little less muscle mass around. Unless you are the Eagles in the early 90s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unbelievable.

Let me make this clear as a bell he argued that the 78kg Jaidyn gaining lean muscle would impede his speed. His argument is it would slow him down if he gains lean muscle.

The sprinter reference was pointing out the difference in builds between FAST power athletes and say a an enduro beast like marathon runners (AFL needs a mixture of both power/speed and half marathons i get that). The argument that putting on lean muscle mass (within reason) slows you down is a myth.

The Sprinter example is a demonstration of muscular guys who do "speed" running for a living, don't you think that if muscle = slow that they would strip themselves of weight and be built like Jaidyn?

Now if Jaidyn aimed for a playing weight of 88kg (which is actually his BMI at 189cm) he would have a good balance of strength, size, speed agility and endurance which he trains for anyway given its AFL. He is a natural burst athlete gaining 10kg over the next few years would enhance his attributes not kill them off.

2019 Phillips Kicking Efficiency:
R1 - 43.8%
R2 - 77.8%
R3 - 50%
R4 - 73.7%
R5 - 26.7%
R6 - 56.3%
R7 - 62.5%
R8 - 38.1%
R9 - 61.5%
R10 - 35.7%

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah he's had a couple of good games this year. Thought his R4 game against the Doggies probably his best 4 quarter performance. Was good against Port in R7 and while his 1st 3 quarters against the Blues were ordinary his last quarter where he had 13-14 possessions was likely his best footy this year. But that's been punctuated by a lot of pretty forgettable/ordinary to average football. Overall, he's well short on his 2018 early - mid season form but if he was more consistently at those good 2019 levels I certainly wouldn't have an issue with him being considered in the "his good outweighs the bad" category. He's currently below that though.

Where do you get the kicking efficiency stats? I'd be interested, but at the same time don't want to see Treloar's kicking efficiency stats.

We won by seven kicks. The umps didn't alter the result. Then midfield keeps winning us games. Wells on one leg is still in our best 10. Roughhead has grown from our worst player in the first few rounds to being in the best.

We are off the boil, but still winning. I hope Bucks can switch the important players back in without disruption: he's done enough to keep us winning despite a bit of a revolving door of injuries (it was worse last year and he did it then): thats actually pretty good coaching from a I guy I wanted sacked 16 months ago. He's on par with Hardwick who has similar (if not worse) problems this year.

I reckon if we had Cox and Goo out there we would've won by 40 points. We have Daicos and Sier hungry for a midfield spot, and they're behind Adams. We have Moore to come back and Quaynor looking to debut soon. I hope this doesn't mozz us but its looking pretty good ATM

Amputation seems a bit extreme.

Where do you get the kicking efficiency stats? I'd be interested, but at the same time don't want to see Treloar's kicking efficiency stats.

AFL stats pro site. You've got to toggle in and out the different stats (limit of 10) in the games played area of an individual player.

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-...dRGpwA0tQCeqkgGEAIgH0AKgBYRPTLqOyaONswQBfX9yA

Overall, Treloar does okay given he spends more time in congestion. Was down to 17.6% against the Swannies though.

https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Discover/CD_I291790/Treloar-Adam

Need a laugh? Read this by Jonathan Brown.

“Another crucial decision that wasn’t paid on the weekend by the central umpire here, we can see Callum Brown and let’s just look how far he runs … 26 metres, that is unbelievable!” Brown explained on Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

“Even on the night you could see clearly that was way too far and he didn’t get pulled up. That’s a critical time in the game, the Swans were three points up.
“He can go and buy himself a new tape measure that umpire.”

26 metres? Where was that tape measure when I measured my height?

“Another crucial decision that wasn’t paid on the weekend by the central umpire here, we can see Callum Brown and let’s just look how far he runs … 26 metres, that is unbelievable!” Brown explained on Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

“Even on the night you could see clearly that was way too far and he didn’t get pulled up. That’s a critical time in the game, the Swans were three points up.

Brown just Hates Collingwood so Much.

Plus hit in the Head too many Times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more exaggerated due to that ground,The centre square and the 50 metre line are so close.
Just adds to a terrible ground for AFL Football to be played.

I think it's more exaggerated due to that ground,The centre square and the 50 metre line are so close.
Just adds to a terrible ground for AFL Football to be played.
Think it is a huge exaggeration. I counted between 12 and 16 steps and the first ones didn't look like a metre.

He might have been slightly over the limit but when was the last time you can recall any player running into goal getting pinged on such a marginal call? Especially in those sort of conditions.

He might have been slightly over the limit but when was the last time you can recall any player running into goal getting pinged on such a marginal call? Especially in those sort of conditions.

It is odd though that we see marks paid for kicks that only go about half the distance that he ran. When both measures are supposedly 15 metres

Last edited:
It is odd though that we see marks paid for kicks that only go about half the distance that he ran. When both measures are supposedly 15 metres
True, strange he doesn't comment on those.

Is it 15M as I couldn't remember if they had changed the rule. I know BT goes on about it at the MCG as the grass cuts are about 12M (I think).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back