MRP / Trib. Webster KO's Simpkin - Update 7 week penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely wonder if there is some off field issue between the 2? Reg season I can see why players miss the mark while trying to push boundaries - Stewart, Pickett type bumps - but it’s a bizarre choice for a pre season match. Really lined him up and did not look like he cared about the aftermath.
I just can’t fathom why you’d risk your spot with a bump like that.
There definitely wasn’t anything to gain from that bump. Wouldn’t have stopped him disposing of the ball or from getting to the next contest. Nothing to gain from the Pickett and Stewart ones either.

Because he’s not a name like the other two he will be made an example of.

The AFL needs to start grading the worst of the bumps - no attempt at a "football act", late - as deliberate. This one doubly so because Webster jumped off the ground.

That gives them a easy route to apply a sanction materially larger than that handed down to Powell-Pepper. Not just a week longer than Powell Pepper. In the current climate, this one feels like an eight weeker, minimum.

It's really hard to imagine what was going through Webster's mind.

In an ideal world Websters hit gets him half the season off. But too many commercial ramifications and afl can’t back itself into a corner incase a decent player who actually matters does the same thing. Could sink a teams season. I expect this will be 6.

I want Webster phased out so not bothered if he gets half a season!

As for the incident... brutal hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an ideal world Websters hit gets him half the season off. But too many commercial ramifications and afl can’t back itself into a corner incase a decent player who actually matters does the same thing. Could sink a teams season. I expect this will be 6.

Players getting concussed with hits like this could sink a teams season. Simpkin is a decent player but what if it were LDU or Sheezel.

Deserves the maximum.

Players getting concussed with hits like this could sink a teams season. Simpkin is a decent player but what if it were LDU or Sheezel.

Deserves the maximum.

I agree with you but I don’t think that’s how the afl looks at it

just wondering if its judged by the incident in-game or if its just by the outcome. if it turns out Jy is forced to retire from this do you think he punishment should be more? should he be forced to retire also?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back