MRP / Trib. Webster KO's Simpkin - Update 7 week penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Robbo barging over to the Laptop tonight ...

We get it Robbo. It was a bad hit and he deserves a healthy suspension.

Yeah, as soon as something like this happens it’s a race to see who can make the most extreme call.

On Channel 7 before they kept repeating “CALLS FOR A 10 WEEK SUSPENSION!”

By who? Some nuffy on Facebook?

Jeez it’s tedious.

In a practice match for heaven's sake - the stupidity shown by Webster here should be career limiting and it would be good for St Kilda to come out and say this is not the type of play that can be tolerated.

I see 8 weeks being the minimum viable here, six in the circumstances just doesn't cut it sorry and in clear cut incidents like this, I would also like to see red-cards issued by the score review bunker as a lot of the Rugby Union comps do now.

This was a dog act and this should be the last game he plays - full stop.
Simpkin got up and walked away

In a practice match for heaven's sake - the stupidity shown by Webster here should be career limiting and it would be good for St Kilda to come out and say this is not the type of play that can be tolerated.

I see 8 weeks being the minimum viable here, six in the circumstances just doesn't cut it sorry and in clear cut incidents like this, I would also like to see red-cards issued by the score review bunker as a lot of the Rugby Union comps do now.

This was a dog act and this should be the last game he plays - full stop.
Agree a statement from St Kilda and remorse from the player would be good but there's probably something in the rules that prevents that from happening prior an MRP decision

Agree a statement from St Kilda and remorse from the player would be good but there's probably something in the rules that prevents that from happening prior an MRP decision
Nah DeGoey got a week knocked off his hit at the start of last year for apologising post match, showing remorse, and pleading guilty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind words from St Kilda assistant coach Corey Enright Screenshot_20240303-183100.png

It's an 8 week penalty and might even be more? It's unbelievable that any player in this day and age is even considering to bump like that, Ross Lyon needs to be asked what are they teaching players at Moorabbin? It's more than a puzzling decision.

You'd think between 8-10 and not that we want that as it doesn't help my boys at all.
But he had time to pull out and still went ahead with it. Very bizarre tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back