MRP / Trib. Webster KO's Simpkin - Update 7 week penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL prosecutor should call in a biomechanist about what happens to Simpkins head. The vision is just awful, seeing the angle his head is to the rest of the body.

Their should be no reduction in penalty for pleading guilty in cases like this.

Nor any good bloke reduction for calling him to say sorry. AFL need to tell the media to stop fawning over that s**t and start promoting people taking full responsibility.

Right... except one player was trying to smother and had an accidental collision when Brayshaw veered to his right after kicking the footy, the other one was a deliberate bump where he lined him up deliberately.

Can your brain spot the difference yet?

Both avoidable both took the opportunity to pick an opponent off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough of the Brayshaw incident, take it to the existing thread
I thought part of judging the outcomes of a certain incident is to look at past similar incidents to judge comparable outcomes. so wouldn't any head knocks from the last 6-12 months be worth bringing up?

I thought part of judging the outcomes of a certain incident is to look at past similar incidents to judge comparable outcomes. so wouldn't any head knocks from the last 6-12 months be worth bringing up?
Except that the AFL has expressly issued an instruction to the tribunal for 2024 not to use past examples as precedent when it comes to head high contact.

It's pretty much as bad a bump as you'll see so it will be an interesting test case for the maximum possible penalty.
Hopefully Simpkin is ok.

Which was the point of my post, which you deleted. But left the posts comparing the two still up. Odd.

I havent had time to go through 8 pages so report them if you find them

10 to 12, the AFL needs to grow a pair and start really hammering players for this. Remember in the old days when they tried to stamp out guys just punching other blokes, 12 and 18 week suspensions were delivered because they kept the lawyers and appeals out of it.

This hit by Webster was akin to the Rucciuto hit on Kemp all those years ago. They are not learning

It's clear these players need more and something like 12 weeks off with reduced pay. They are highly paid and when they get suspended they just focus on training for a few weeks. Need to start having a major impact on them and 12 weeks with substantial financial penalties may start to send a message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back