Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 6 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, why do people keep posting player names at random ??
Listen to the podcast :D

(It's Game of Crows - testing your footy knowledge and sorting the best of the best. Some absolute legend won it last year)

I listen to it when I can, but haven't picked up on this.
Just name someone who will get lots of tackles tonight. You'll soon be flying up the leaderboard!

How would people feel about a 30 minute pregame cast instead? That might be doable most weeks.
My listening habit is to download the podcast the following day and listen to it on my way to work, so a pregame would mean i wouldnt be able to listen to it.

In saying that others might live that.

Either way you guys are great

I enjoyed the weekly wrap up this week. Didn’t hear mention of Talia. His efforts on buddy were pivotal. I might have missed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter J (hope I am tagging the right person). Unfortunately I agree with you on Mackay at selection this week. I actually think of myself as huge Mackay fan (given his love on this board). In my case, I have been waiting patiently for somebody else to deservedly take his spot from him. And looking forward to that day. But not blaming Mackay personally for that not happening.

Right now it is absolutely the case where the club has to choose Milera for that half back role. If we are to have any chance of going one better this season, we need Milera. But we won’t get the Milera we need by shifting him all over the place.

But I, like you, think the selectors have a complete blind spot when it comes to Mackay. They will absolutely bring Mackay back in and just like you said in the cast, they will play him in Milera’s spot. The sad part is, there is some logic to the move to justify it. Milera is the more flexible player and no matter what this board says, Mackay is right now a superior player to Poholke and Gallucci. But it’s just the wrong decision to move Milera. I have no faith that they will see it this way.

Very sad to agree with you, but Mackay will 100% be put back into this team, most likely this week, and Milera shunted out of the position he needs to be played in.

do you get Cooper's over there AC?

They do have it at places but not especially close to me from what I can tell.

GOC--Rory Laird

Peter J (hope I am tagging the right person). Unfortunately I agree with you on Mackay at selection this week. I actually think of myself as huge Mackay fan (given his love on this board). In my case, I have been waiting patiently for somebody else to deservedly take his spot from him. And looking forward to that day. But not blaming Mackay personally for that not happening.

Right now it is absolutely the case where the club has to choose Milera for that half back role. If we are to have any chance of going one better this season, we need Milera. But we won’t get the Milera we need by shifting him all over the place.

But I, like you, think the selectors have a complete blind spot when it comes to Mackay. They will absolutely bring Mackay back in and just like you said in the cast, they will play him in Milera’s spot. The sad part is, there is some logic to the move to justify it. Milera is the more flexible player and no matter what this board says, Mackay is right now a superior player to Poholke and Gallucci. But it’s just the wrong decision to move Milera. I have no faith that they will see it this way.

Very sad to agree with you, but Mackay will 100% be put back into this team, most likely this week, and Milera shunted out of the position he needs to be played in.
I really couldn't have put it any better :thumbsu:

I was quite surprised that the cast was suggesting that sticking an unwanted hand up someone’s shirt was worth 3 week suspension. Totally disagree

Wonderful that, despite trolling us since day 1, you continue to listen :rainbow:

Tonight was the first time I listened, with an open mind, hoping to hear something different to AA/MMM. I lasted 10 minutes of discussion on Lindsay Thomas before I switched off.

But if you guys don't like constructive feedback that's not my problem.

Tonight was the first time I listened, with an open mind, hoping to hear something different to AA/MMM. I lasted 10 minutes of discussion on Lindsay Thomas before I switched off.

But if you guys don't like constructive feedback that's not my problem.
Oh come on, let's not be coy. You've disliked the concept and the presenters since we started. I can recall numerous snipes and barbs along the way.

And that's perfectly ok, you're entitled to your opinion. But at least have the balls to own that and don't peddle your disdain under the guise of "constructive feedback".

Oh come on, let's not be coy. You've disliked the concept and the presenters since we started. I can recall numerous snipes and barbs along the way.

And that's perfectly ok, you're entitled to your opinion. But at least have the balls to own that and don't peddle your disdain under the guise of "constructive feedback".

One presenter I disagreed with...at the beginning of last season. And I'd long moved on from that. I see the presenters haven't. That's fine, but that's also not my problem - though when you have an You Tube subscriber base of 23, you probably shouldn't be antagonising potential listeners.

When you call yourselves the CrowCast, one would think it would be a discussion on the Crows. The discussion on Lindsay Thomas on the last one went on for far too long (taking up around 15% of the total show, before any discussion on the Crows), and as a result I switched off. If the discussion started off about the Crows and the conversation about Thomas was a passing observation before moving on to other Crows discussion, then I would've been more likely to continue listening to the podcast.

Yes that's my opinion, yes I own it, but you need to accept constructive feedback when it's given. All getting all defensive is going to achieve is the podcast having a smaller audience - you only have to look at the decline of 5AA with Rucci/Cornes in recent times as an example of that. And the CrowCast has a reputation for not taking constructive feedback well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back