Podcast Weekend Wrap Round 6 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

One presenter I disagreed with...at the beginning of last season. And I'd long moved on from that. I see the presenters haven't. That's fine, but that's also not my problem - though when you have an You Tube subscriber base of 23, you probably shouldn't be antagonising potential listeners.

When you call yourselves the CrowCast, one would think it would be a discussion on the Crows. The discussion on Lindsay Thomas on the last one went on for far too long (taking up around 15% of the total show, before any discussion on the Crows), and as a result I switched off. If the discussion started off about the Crows and the conversation about Thomas was a passing observation before moving on to other Crows discussion, then I would've been more likely to continue listening to the podcast.

Yes that's my opinion, yes I own it, but you need to accept constructive feedback when it's given. All getting all defensive is going to achieve is the podcast having a smaller audience - you only have to look at the decline of 5AA with Rucci/Cornes in recent times as an example of that. And the CrowCast has a reputation for not taking constructive feedback well.

I'd hardly call Pete's honest reply to your thinly veiled trolling "antagonistic". Let's face it, one of you is being honest whilst the other has an axe to grind.

Of course, our 23 subscribers on YouTube (of which you are one, so thank you so much for your support), are a very small portion of our total listenership. That should be obvious, considering we're an audio podcast and YouTube is a content delivery platform for video. The irony is not lost on me that you'd be so selective with your "facts" whilst also invoking the Rooch and Kornes, considering that selective facts, soft trolling and overall antagonism are their speciality. Perhaps you should ponder that when you wonder why we take your "constructive criticism" with a grain of salt.

The bright side is that you've subscribed. This means that you will soon see the nature and content of our shows. It's such a shame that you turned off so soon - one of our regular listeners would tell you that our Tuesday Night Show has an AFL news segment that goes for about 10-15 minutes which is then followed by 30-40 minutes of Crows talk and analysis. You missed a great discussion this week, but the beauty of the interwebs is that, having subscribed, you can easily go back and listen to the rest of the show! Could I suggest that if you own one of those new fangled mobile devices, you use iTunes or some podcatching app to listen to our show. Then whenever our next show comes out, you can get a little ding to remind you that there's more great content to listen to.

I really appreciate the time you've taken to provide your "constructive criticism" and Im rapt that you've now subscribed. One of the reasons we've been listened to nearly 90,000 times is that we do take our listeners views seriously. We're a podcast "for the fans, by the fans" which means that we try to work together with our listeners to provide content that everyone wants. Happy listening :)

PS just an edit - what magical powers allow you to make this observation
The discussion on Lindsay Thomas on the last one went on for far too long (taking up around 15% of the total show, before any discussion on the Crows)
when you say you switched off and didnt listen to the rest of the show? You're cute when you lie :)

Last edited:
Are you guys still doing the Thursday night team selections shows?
Unfortunately not at the moment, because Scorpus no longer has the time free and I cant do it on Thursdays either. I've been considering a short 30-40 minute gameday cast, but I dont want to commit to that if I cant do it every week, so Im just sitting on that idea for a moment.

I'd hardly call Pete's honest reply to your thinly veiled trolling "antagonistic". Let's face it, one of you is being honest whilst the other has an axe to grind.

Of course, our 23 subscribers on YouTube (of which you are one, so thank you so much for your support), are a very small portion of our total listenership. That should be obvious, considering we're an audio podcast and YouTube is a content delivery platform for video. The irony is not lost on me that you'd be so selective with your "facts" whilst also invoking the Rooch and Kornes, considering that selective facts, soft trolling and overall antagonism are their speciality. Perhaps you should ponder that when you wonder why we take your "constructive criticism" with a grain of salt.

The bright side is that you've subscribed. This means that you will soon see the nature and content of our shows. It's such a shame that you turned off so soon - one of our regular listeners would tell you that our Tuesday Night Show has an AFL news segment that goes for about 10-15 minutes which is then followed by 30-40 minutes of Crows talk and analysis. You missed a great discussion this week, but the beauty of the interwebs is that, having subscribed, you can easily go back and listen to the rest of the show! Could I suggest that if you own one of those new fangled mobile devices, you use iTunes or some podcatching app to listen to our show. Then whenever our next show comes out, you can get a little ding to remind you that there's more great content to listen to.

I really appreciate the time you've taken to provide your "constructive criticism" and Im rapt that you've now subscribed. One of the reasons we've been listened to nearly 90,000 times is that we do take our listeners views seriously. We're a podcast "for the fans, by the fans" which means that we try to work together with our listeners to provide content that everyone wants. Happy listening :)

PS just an edit - what magical powers allow you to make this observation

when you say you switched off and didnt listen to the rest of the show? You're cute when you lie :)

At the end of the day if you cannot cope with a bit of feedback and have to go on the defensive (and call people ‘liars’ with an ‘axe to grind’) when one person says you spent far too long talking about Lindsay Thomas, maybe it’s time you pack it in and let someone with a bit of a thicker skin do it.

I was thinking about going back and listening to the rest of the show, but given your antagonistic response to my feedback I don’t think I’ll bother.

Congratulations - you’ve directly causing subscribers to unsubscribe.

At the end of the day if you cannot cope with a bit of feedback and have to go on the defensive (and call people ‘liars’ with an ‘axe to grind’) when one person says you spent far too long talking about Lindsay Thomas, maybe it’s time you pack it in and let someone with a bit of a thicker skin do it.

I was thinking about going back and listening to the rest of the show, but given your antagonistic response to my feedback I don’t think I’ll bother.

Give them another go, the 10 minutes on Port is something they don't usually do. The Sunday show pretty much stays focused on the Crows apart from a wrap up of the games in the first few minutes.

Keep up the good work guys. Always listen the day after the show.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Give them another go, the 10 minutes on Port is something they don't usually do. The Sunday show pretty much stays focused on the Crows apart from a wrap up of the games in the first few minutes.

Keep up the good work guys. Always listen the day after the show.

Challenge accepted

Interestingly, the 9.5 minutes we spent talking about "Lindsay Thomas" (out of 65 minutes of show time), was actually about 2 minutes talking about Lindsay Thomas and 7 minutes talking about the bump, head high contact, and the apparent change to the interpretation of "reasonably forseeable" when it comes to the duty of care aspect of penalising contact that results in head injuries and/or concussion. I can confirm this because I went back and listened to that segment. Again, it may not be apparent to you, but you can actually fast forward through the bits you're not interested in, so if that discussion didn't interest you then you could have just whizzed through it to see if our next segment was of more interest to you.

You see, this is why I feel you have an axe to grind. Im not being defensive at all, but if you're not going to be accurate in what you say when you provide "constructive criticism", then what other conclusion am I supposed to draw, particularly when you include an inane and misleading jibe about our listener numbers? It's classic Rooch soft trolling mate, and you and I both know it :)

Troll away, you have my response. I suppose the fact that our podcast listens have increased by 40% this season indicates that we're driving away subscribers...

So now I’m a troll because I said the Thomas discussion was excessive. You sure know how to attract new listeners.

If I wanted to troll and be antagonistic, I’d have commented on some of the technical issues of the podcast ;)

BTW I took @treeman’s advice and listened to the rest of the show (well most of it, got about 15 minutes to go).

The non-Crows discussion was excessive, going for around 25-30 minutes all up if you include the SPP discussion. I would suggest either cutting the non-Crows stuff back to 5-10 minutes, or maybe doing a spin off podcast on the non-Crows stuff.

When you finally get to discussing the Crows stuff, I have to admit I actually enjoyed it, particularly the discussion on the situation where we have a great win but are likely to make big changes (and I agree on Sloane - if he’s not 100% leave him out).

I look forward to listening to the last 15 minutes, and who knows, I may end up subscribing and adding to that 40% increase ;)

So now I’m a troll because I said the Thomas discussion was excessive. You sure know how to attract new listeners.

If I wanted to troll and be antagonistic, I’d have commented on some of the technical issues of the podcast ;)

BTW I took @treeman’s advice and listened to the rest of the show (well most of it, got about 15 minutes to go).

The non-Crows discussion was excessive, going for around 25-30 minutes all up if you include the SPP discussion. I would suggest either cutting the non-Crows stuff back to 5-10 minutes, or maybe doing a spin off podcast on the non-Crows stuff.

When you finally get to discussing the Crows stuff, I have to admit I actually enjoyed it, particularly the discussion on the situation where we have a great win but are likely to make big changes (and I agree on Sloane - if he’s not 100% leave him out).

I look forward to listening to the last 15 minutes, and who knows, I may end up subscribing and adding to that 40% increase ;)
Well you've already subscribed right? ;)

We're pretty clear about what each show contains...

Anyway, appreciate your feedback, thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Well you've already subscribed right? ;)

We're pretty clear about what each show contains...

Anyway, appreciate your feedback, thanks for listening.

Technically, no, but I think I will - to keep your other 23 subscribers company :D

I may have missed that bit about what each show contains so all good.

Technically, no, but I think I will - to keep your other 23 subscribers company :D

I may have missed that bit about what each show contains so all good.
Now come on, be transparent if you want to be taken seriously. I got the subscription notification through from you early hours this morning. Even took a screenshot to mark the auspicious event ;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now come on, be transparent if you want to be taken seriously. I got the subscription notification through from you early hours this morning. Even took a screenshot to mark the auspicious event ;).

I then unsubscribed just as quickly ;)

That may change though - I can do it just so you can get the notification again if you’d like ;)

Thank treeman if that happens :D

The technical issues are mostly on me, I got a rev up after the game by the coach, he's looking for a 4qtr effort with a bit more polish. I just had a 2 day mind-ninja camp and will be ready to go next Tuesday!

The technical issues are mostly on me, I got a rev up after the game by the coach, he's looking for a 4qtr effort with a bit more polish. I just had a 2 day mind-ninja camp and will be ready to go next Tuesday!

I can imagine the sort of rev up you would've gotten :D

Hopefully next week you can find your microphone, or stop rustling :D

I don't want to re-start the argument, but talking about relevant and important issues related to the AFL are not things that should be ignored. Yes, it is a Crows show and yes the Crows deserve the lions share of commentary, etc...

But ignoring an issue like over at that other team which involves an AFL team AND an AFL team in the same city as the Crows would have been worse. I get some people might not like it---but then you can tune out for that portion. It ain't hard.

These people all give of their time to put out something pretty damn cool. They share the same passion and enthusiasm for the club that the rest of us do. That they are willing to do it regularly and have the talent to broadcast it is pretty damn great.

It gives us something to banter about whether we agree with their viewpoints or not.

I am glad they do this and hope they continue to for as long as they want.

(Before someone starts in--yes, I have made a couple appearances, and was honored to do so. But my comments above are my own and as Feen and Nikki can attest, I personally think their taste in NFL teams is not only atrocious :sick: but unconscionable and have little issue saying so. :) )

I don't want to re-start the argument, but talking about relevant and important issues related to the AFL are not things that should be ignored. Yes, it is a Crows show and yes the Crows deserve the lions share of commentary, etc...

But ignoring an issue like over at that other team which involves an AFL team AND an AFL team in the same city as the Crows would have been worse. I get some people might not like it---but then you can tune out for that portion. It ain't hard.

These people all give of their time to put out something pretty damn cool. They share the same passion and enthusiasm for the club that the rest of us do. That they are willing to do it regularly and have the talent to broadcast it is pretty damn great.

It gives us something to banter about whether we agree with their viewpoints or not.

(Before someone starts in--yes, I have made a couple appearances, and was honored to do so. But my comments above are my own and as Feen and Nikki can attest, I personally think their taste in NFL teams is not only atrocious :sick: but unconscionable and have little issue saying so. :) )

True - and I guess this week was a perfect storm where you had both the Thomas and SPP issues which saw the non-Crows discussion take up nearly half the show.

Imagine if the show came out last night, with Kochie’s threat to sue channel 7. It could’ve been the non-CrowCast :D

True - and I guess this week was a perfect storm where you had both the Thomas and SPP issues which saw the non-Crows discussion take up nearly half the show.

Imagine if the show came out last night, with Kochie’s threat to sue channel 7. It could’ve been the non-CrowCast :D

Yes and in the end, it also speaks to how nice it is to have something like this production in the first place, because obviously we look forward to hearing about our team from a perspective we can't get elsewhere and get testy if a segment runs to long. ;)

Absolutely agree, I see the Crow Cast as an audio sample of this board.

Whether we like it or not a big part of this board is the off topic thread on unrelated Crows issues slamming teams for their wrong doing.

The Crow Cast talking about unrelated Crows issues is actually my favourite bit.
Other Crows Podcasts tend to stick strictly to Crows news which is why I don't enjoy them as much.

What’s happened to the Crow Bar crue?
Too much crows talk is never enough.
They've pulled up stumps. I've tried to get one or two of them to make a guest appearance on the CrowCast but have been unsuccessful so far. I probably need to offer more beer haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back