Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

The attitudes and negativity of a lot of people in here are really starting to wear me down. Constant criticising (whinging) sounds like a race to the bottom. Nearly all of it is without basis or any knowledge at all. I really am sick of it.

Actually sounds like some think they are smarter than those is charge.

Support the club, question issues with facts or sound reasoning but FFS give people a chance. No one is perfect but the club has come a long long way in the last 3 years. Some seem to forget we nearly shut not long ago. The culture was awful and the direction non existent.

So much as improved and we have a clear direction. If you don’t like it, join the board and do something or ........ off

I really am sick of your crap.

One of the most ridiculous things i have read... we nearly shut.. FFS.. This is a forum, not a cheer squad and us supporters have every right to voice our disapproval at what many believe to be a poor appointment. Would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and Lloyd goes on to be the catalyst for sustained success at Carlton, however nothing he has done in his past suggests this is likely.

Not purely about positivity.I get tired of that because it infers I see things in only one way which is BS. It's about common courtesy and looking at it objectively. Different views are fine and encouraged but a lot on here are just whinging and even with ignoring people it's becoming harder and harder to read.

As for "smarter" I should have used experienced or better suited to the role but I'm not that smart and my lack of big words or correct use of the english language gets me caught out on occasions.

It has been a difficult year for all Carlton supporters- following other difficult years. Everyone is aware of the reasons why the Club has struggled this year in particular after promising so much in the lead up and even aware of the many positives that have occurred as well.

I always respond to the content of a person's post - not the person.

Good luck to the new GM - but I'm scratching my head understanding what exactly his role is tbh...
if it is to 'oversee' SOS - he can GOGF as far as I am concerned
if it is to oversee Bolton - he can GOGF as far as I am concerned
if it is to oversee medical/development player management areas- what exactly are his credentials ??

if you have a problem with my restated question - that is your problem - because I am a rational person if nothing else - and I think my questions - especially the last one are fair enough.

I really don't understand the rationale in having a Football Department Head function - tbh.

It has been a difficult year for all Carlton supporters- following other difficult years. Everyone is aware of the reasons why the Club has struggled this year in particular after promising so much in the lead up and even aware of the many positives that have occurred as well.

Good luck to the new GM - but I'm scratching my head understanding what exactly his role is tbh...
if it is to oversee medical/development player management areas- what exactly are his credentials ??

if you have a problem with my restated question - that is your problem - because I am a rational person if nothing else - and I think my questions - especially the last one are fair enough.

I really don't understand the rationale in having a Football Department Head function - tbh.

Anyone questioning these questions … can …… :thumbsu:

Someone needs to report up lol
But in all seriousness I agree a little. I always wondered what value add McKay did, not a slight on him more the role he held

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone needs to report up lol
But in all seriousness I agree a little. I always wondered what value add McKay did, not a slight on him more the role he held
Are all these roles (other clubs included), well is it jobs for mates ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn’t you cheer John Lloyd back in the day
yep - but recall saying to my mate, ernie - he'll be good for 30 games tops....................and his kids will be knobs................

I too am struggling to know what his role is and not job title

Head of Football:

"At Carlton, he will assume full responsibility for the Club’s male and female football programs.

the management of the football department including coaches, playing group, high performance and medical teams, as well as recruiting and off-field development.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-14/lloyd-appointed-head-of-football

http://m.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/executive-and-staff

This gives you a good list of who answers to who.

The CEO doesnt want to have 50 odd employees banging in his door answering all of their questions.

He only wants to hear from his heads of each department and the problems that they cannot resolve.

Theres a need to appreciate that this is a $50 million + per year business in an extremely competitive environment. Anything and everything that is concerned with what effects on-field football performance will go through (Andrew McKay) Brad Lloyd

Apologies but not sure if everyone understands the organisational arrangement and whos who in the zoo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the cut of your jib, Redman. Can't believe I'm saying this to a bombers fan, but you can stay here a bit longer.

Overall, our club has been run like s**t for 20 years. Too many vested interests, unqualified people and a lack of transparency.

Our recent hires have officially been comprehensive processes, and I think we have hired the right people, not the big names (as we would have done).

We are all praying that this new breed can work together, work hard, for the club's interests and make the right decisions. That's all we can ask. Hopefully the results take care of themselves from there.

Sometimes I see things like this and wonder if I'm reading a fellow Bomber fan's take on things because I see startling similarities.

Unqualified people = Hird, Neeld (note: Never hire Neeld) and Lindsay Tanner to name 3.
A lack of transparency = 2012-13 happenings.
Vested interests = don't know but the fact Hird hired some Essendon people meant that, to me, it felt like a spot was ready for former teammate after another. (There's a word I'm yearning for but it's not clarity.) (Edit: Transparency which is what you used.)

With Liddle and Lloyd, they played less than 20 AFL games combined (Lloyd for the Hawks and Liddle for Geelong) so they don't have the big ego that a big name player carries.

Sidenotes:

John Elliott is, for me, Carlton's biggest ever distraction.
Richard Pratt was someone I could never understand leading Carlton.
I couldn't ever understand Big Red being captain.

Lastly, you'd hope that no one from the mid noughties, administratively speaking, is there currently.

Phil Smart picked Fyfe as one of his last acts. Lloyd took over the following year.

Lloyd has had a few good year recently but overall he's probably had more misses, our list fell apart after our window closed. Missed both McGoverns even though their dad begged us to take them. Missed Yeo even though he was a Freo supporter and asked us to trade for him, apparently we didn't need anymore of his type.

If you have a look at our Rnd1 selections you'd probably be horrified. However he does seemed to have turned a corner in recent years. The drafts of the last two years have been excellent (Logue pending).

Hopefully not involved in recruiting. His biggest job will be to fix our medical / strength and conditioning department.

Sometimes I see things like this and wonder if I'm reading a fellow Bomber fan's take on things because I see startling similarities.

Unqualified people = Hird, Neeld (note: Never hire Neeld) and Lindsay Tanner to name 3.
Vested interests = don't know but the fact Hird hired some Essendon people meant that, to me, it felt like a spot was ready for former teammate after another. (There's a word I'm yearning for but it's not clarity.) (Edit: Transparency which is what you used.)

With Liddle and Lloyd, they played less than 20 AFL games combined (Lloyd for the Hawks and Liddle for Geelong) so they don't have the big ego that a big name player carries.

Sidenotes:

Lastly, you'd hope that no one from the mid noughties, administratively speaking, is there currently.
WAY too much sense for mine. Clear thinking is a rare thing in football fans in last 10 years. Well done for being a rare gem.

Sidenotes:

Anyone else feel like they're at an AA meeting and you're hearing the sad back story of a fellow reformed addict?

Not a really good way to encourage different views or even questions or observations on here I would think.

btw - I would wager a good number of posters on here are smarter than the typical AFL Club employee...do you see things differently?

Love your positivity Soap - but positivity in itself isn't the only contribution people can make in participating in forums.
Who would you put in your list of intellectuals here?

WAY too much sense for mine. Clear thinking is a rare thing in football fans in last 10 years. Well done for being a rare gem.

I just get sick of all the dribble churned out by people irrespective of clubs they follow.

A byproduct of that is avoiding shows and some Facebook posts with sheeple clogging the stuff.

I expect him to be good for you. It is interesting re the timing and I would think he won’t join you until after the draft. He is contracted for next year.

Re Cerra, he would certainly know if he is committed or not, and if not, he could be gettable unfortunately. What would be the highest price the club would pay for him? That will be more or less the asking price.
I’d be happy to include pick 1 in the deal. Cerra + Pick 6 for Pick 1, 19(PP) and 25. Gets you back in the second round as well

http://m.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/executive-and-staff

This gives you a good list of who answers to who.

The CEO doesnt want to have 50 odd employees banging in his door answering all of their questions.

He only wants to hear from his heads of each department and the problems that they cannot resolve.

Theres a need to appreciate that this is a $50 million + per year business in an extremely competitive environment. Anything and everything that is concerned with what effects on-field football performance will go through (Andrew McKay) Brad Lloyd

Apologies but not sure if everyone understands the organisational arrangement and whos who in the zoo...
$50M is big business is it?

lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back