Toast Max Lynch retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think this bloke like may be talked about as the steal of the off season. He's got all the tools, especially his ground work. Huge intensity around the contest.
Reckon land hams might have him
Pipped but he will
Surprise a few. The wood really only let go of him to look after him getting more game
Time.

Ah yes, a tasty proverb.

I believe it was Walt Disney who also said 'Bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad', which loosely translates to, 'how can a monkey appreciate the taste of ginger?'

🙏

I’m a sucker for a botched saying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see Lynch being an AFL gun, but I think he can become a handy contributor who can, on his day break even with the bigger (in both size and name) rucks of the league. At 23, he is in a much much better age bracket for us than continuing with previous ruckmen like Ceglar and to a lesser extent, McEvoy.

I don't see Lynch being an AFL gun, but I think he can become a handy contributor who can, on his day break even with the bigger (in both size and name) rucks of the league. At 23, he is in a much much better age bracket for us than continuing with previous ruckmen like Ceglar and to a lesser extent, McEvoy.
Reckon his ceiling is probably a Nankervis type

Reminds me of a Robbie Campbell. I thought he was quite serviceable, and if Lynch is a replica of him then I’ll be happy.

Shame about his concussion, saw some nice things whilst he was on

He’s better than Reeves when the ball hits the ground and seems to be the more aggressive/physical ruckman. My only concern is neither Reeves or Lynch have that “forward craft”. I would also like to see them take marks around the ground.

Got to think in 2-4 years time if he has been playing at AFL level during this period he will be a pretty decent player. Looks a good pickup to me. He has shown forward craft at VFL level too.

I can see Reeves needing to be rested across the year and same with BB so I expect Lynch will play 10-12 games this season. Hopefully more. Got to get games into him.

Ah yes, a tasty proverb.

I believe it was Walt Disney who also said 'Bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad', which loosely translates to, 'how can a monkey appreciate the taste of ginger?'

🙏

As a bit of a hindi speaker I would have thought that would be "Kaise bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad" Or else it is just asking if a monkey can taste ginger. ie "does the monkey taste ginger."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back