Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Really pleased with the way the club drafted this year. Really shored up our inside midfield deficiency. Jack Ross seems a ready made ball winning monster to me. He is a powerful unit that will slot right in our VFL side along side the Madman and English. I love the fact that he looks like he has a bit of fight in him too.

http://www.espn.co.uk/afl/story/_/i...akleigh-jack-ross-stakes-late-claim-draft-day
Player Focus

Extending the Associated Public Schools' (APS) win streak to eight straight against Associated Grammar Schools Victoria (AGSV) in the annual Victorian private school competition clash, Jack Ross was arguably the most influential on the field. The 186cm, 85kg, midfielder who in each of his past four matches for Oakleigh has featured among their best players, showcased attributes to suggest his draft stocks may rise in the lead-up to this year's AFL draft.

Performing a central role in APS' 11-point victory against AGSV, Ross won first possession at stoppages and demonstrated the power to burst through tackles. His loose ball-winning, ball use and decision-making were also impressive.

Following an invite to the state combine last week, Ross posted 27 disposals, 10 contested possessions, six marks, four clearances, eight inside 50s, one goal and two score assists.

As a potential ball-winning midfielder, Ross' game bares similarities to West Coast midfielder Dom Sheed as a powerful midfielder who uses the ball effectively. Ross is not a certain draft choice, having missed selection for the Under-18 Championships, but if he can help Oakleigh win a few finals, he may receive consideration late in the draft or as a rookie.

Looks like Jack has come through Noble ParK FC in Melbourne ( I think they may have won their under 19 Champs this season) .....Curiously I think Adam Trelor came through there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 hours after the pick was made

the afl draft tracker runs more efficiently than this

#thisneverhappenedundermywatch

Want your job back? I'll give you my spot..

was vic metro u/16 captain, to not even getting picked this year. lit a bit of a fire in him to go on and win the chargers b&f

interesting that rcd & english missed u/16 champs and that's what put rockets up their arses to make it

we've picked a bunch of kids that really want it and have already faced some adversity in their fledgling careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back