Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Faded late but was required to do a power of work in the first half. Also he is not a man child like Fridge Jack Graham that is, and was part of a team where he had to take a much more active role. Looked clean most of the night but had some fumbles but most of the team had those.

Don’t expect to much next year 2 nd year blues coming
I think this kid with a good preseason and some muscle on him will be good
He has that ability to read the play and the ball and knows where to run and when to run and selects the right options
Combined with 2 great legs that are just as good as eachother this kid will play 200+

Give him Shedda's #10 now

I watched him closely all night as I think he could be one of our top liners in years to come. There was a lot to like, but there were also a few issues/concerns.
Im not as critical on the over the head handball in the first quarter as others. We had two players in the vicinity, he just put too much on it. He knew they were there. It's a bit showy for a final but I'd prefer he keeps taking that type of stuff on.
After that he was arguably our best in the first half, or at least most consistent.

Second half he faded, but there were a couple of moments where he was waiting on the outside to receive but really should have went for and body lined the ball himself. I'm not sure what direction he has been given from the coaches, but I think that type of stuff will come with a bit of confidence.
The goal he kicked was impressive. A lot of pressure, and slotted it like we needed him to.

I'm not sure how he will be utilised in future, but I'd like for the pill to be in his hands when we are going i50.
We have definitely found one here.

I watched him closely all night as I think he could be one of our top liners in years to come. There was a lot to like, but there were also a few issues/concerns.
Im not as critical on the over the head handball in the first quarter as others. We had two players in the vicinity, he just put too much on it. He knew they were there. It's a bit showy for a final but I'd prefer he keeps taking that type of stuff on.
After that he was arguably our best in the first half, or at least most consistent.

Second half he faded, but there were a couple of moments where he was waiting on the outside to receive but really should have went for and body lined the ball himself. I'm not sure what direction he has been given from the coaches, but I think that type of stuff will come with a bit of confidence.
The goal he kicked was impressive. A lot of pressure, and slotted it like we needed him to.

I'm not sure how he will be utilised in future, but I'd like for the pill to be in his hands when we are going i50.
We have definitely found one her
e.
I see Steele Sidebottom type player with Sonsie and best utilized in that way
He is not an inside beast accumulator but more a classy user that can get inside 20%-30%

Last nights game we were smashed in the midfield and after half time prestia off we really struggled with Neal totally dominating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not good enough on the night, but plenty to like will be better than alright.
Better for the mistakes to point to what is required.
Great pick, and good opportunity in 1st yr playing in a close Elim -will come on fast.
Which is good because Cotch cant go on forever and Prestia must be out of replacement hamstrings by now.

Hope not, I still remember Stephen Ryan having the 2nd year blues and never recovering.
Anyway I think Sonsie will only be getting better from here, so will Gibcus.
Don't remember Stephen Ryan ever emerging from 2nd year blues. God those were the days, you youngen's consider yourself lucky.

The two highlights for me were his tackle in the first half where he caught someone holding the ball and when he went back and kicked the goal after giving it to that flog Robinson.

* off idiot who you calling a dick head flog , it’s well known fact new players in the system have good 1st years and struggle a bit in the 2nd year
What a load of crap. Absolute tripe. You sound as though you want him to struggle great club man you. How about celebrating what he’s done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back