Welcome Welcome to Richmond pick 40 Kane McAuliffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally disagree. His first year showed he was a class distributor off both feet. last year suffered from niggles and not being played. He will surprise many. Just need him in the seniors ahead of other less talented players.
I stand to be corrected we shall see.

Thought he was a monty to come in for Gather Round but then we knocked off the Swans.
Might still find his way in but might be unlucky again.
Bakes could be suspended, but you'd think Dusty will just come in for him.
Banks may need a run in the VFL after only having 10 mins.

He'll get his opportunity.

Thought he was a monty to come in for Gather Round but then we knocked off the Swans.

As a 19yo first year mid he is not going to cope against seasoned midfielders at AFL level. So no need to rush him in, let others fail completely or get injured before contemplating it. Definitely sneak some games into him at some stage of the season, but not yet.

As a 19yo first year mid he is not going to cope against seasoned midfielders at AFL level. So no need to rush him in, let others fail completely or get injured before contemplating it. Definitely sneak some games into him at some stage of the season, but not yet.
The guy is no ordinary 19 yo. He built like a brick shizenhousen. He is big and quick. I don't have the concerns you have. He is not your usual skinny kid.

The guy is no ordinary 19 yo. He built like a brick shizenhousen. He is big and quick. I don't have the concerns you have. He is not your usual skinny kid.

It is more the other areas.

1 tank, and
2 learning game plan, and
3 developing a proper defensive instinct.

My reading of the VFL Coaches notes tells me they think he is mainly just chasing kicks at the moment. Much as you would expect.

It is more the other areas.

1 tank, and
2 learning game plan, and
3 developing a proper defensive instinct.

My reading of the VFL Coaches notes tells me they think he is mainly just chasing kicks at the moment. Much as you would expect.
I know these things are important but you can fast track a lot of these things with more senior time.

I know these things are important but you can fast track a lot of these things with more senior time.

It will be good to see him at AFL level, but I am sure the selectors will play him when they think he is ready. If a player fails to make the grade as an AFL footballer it wouldn't often be the case that being held back by selectors was the cause. More often being pushed to the level too early creates problems I would have thought.

I would drop Banks for McAuliffe just so he can play his first game in Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be the greatest pick 40 in the history of the draft if we ever decide to play him.
I have no doubt when Karen Cornes watches him play he will make mention how one of the Adelaide teams should be targetting him, I'll go so far as to say Adelaide because their midfield is meh.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back