Welcome Welcome to Richmond pick 40 Kane McAuliffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Kid could be the Luke Parker of 2023 draft. same pick lol

This kid could be something really special. First VFL game against premiers and he has 20 and a goal at half time. On the back of being best in VFL pre season matches. Get excited everyone…. that’s not normal for nearly any draftee, let alone pick-40. Great explosive speed, a great kick and tough as nails.

We desperately needed to pluck a diamond in the rough … I’m telling you, we’ve got a future star right here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He and Sonsie are the future of our midfield. Play them together as much as possible.
Sonsie is just another ball gatherer who does nothing with it. Kane on the other hand great find for a change.

Watched him closely at stoppages, especially in the first half.
Doesn’t look to be doing much different from anyone else but just finds the ball.

That’s genuine football nous, and distributes it efficiently too.

Very excited!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid could be something really special. First VFL game against premiers and he has 20 and a goal at half time. On the back of being best in VFL pre season matches. Get excited everyone…. that’s not normal for nearly any draftee, let alone pick-40. Great explosive speed, a great kick and tough as nails.

We desperately needed to pluck a diamond in the rough … I’m telling you, we’ve got a future star right here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There’s no doubting his ability and hopefully Yze slots him Vs the Swans next week.
Kudos to Morro too who flies under the radar developing these kids.👍🏼

I am excited ... though I feel that a month of leather poisoning in the VFL might be better for his success at AFL level ... do we have any games against the stand alone teams coming up after Sydney to see how he goes against the bigger bodies?

Yep ... Werribee Tigers in Round 3 ... if he is still having this impact over the next two weeks he should be promoted then for mine ... first game against West Coast would be perfect and then he would be home in Adelaide to take on Saints in Gather Round.

Last edited:
Should of been playing today, ridiculous that we didn't replace Hopper with another midfielder
Worked out well.
Confidence building yesterday.
Make that step into afl abit easier

My biggest concerns for him coming out of the draft was his disposal by foot and inability to get the ball outside of the contest.

Through the preseason he’s put those concerns to rest.

Now the question is can he run out four quarters? Hard to know only playing a half v Carlton and the conditions (and being tagged) v Gold Coast.

One sparrow does not a summer make. Unreal start and heaps to get excited about. Hopefully he backs it up and then we can consider.

Sonsie is just another ball gatherer who does nothing with it. Kane on the other hand great find for a change.
Totally disagree. His first year showed he was a class distributor off both feet. last year suffered from niggles and not being played. He will surprise many. Just need him in the seniors ahead of other less talented players.

One sparrow does not a summer make. Unreal start and heaps to get excited about. Hopefully he backs it up and then we can consider.
family guy GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back