Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And he hasn't mentioned Ross at all, so where does that leave him. I don't think we should be measuring players against each other. Where are Caddy and Broad at... the luxury of being a top of the pile with a mini rebuild going on is not a bad place to be.

Ross is in the mix. We currently have too many decent mids. Graham is crushing his role, and Cotch is doing his imitation of the best defensive inspirational contested mid in the game pretty well right now. Nank and Soldo acted as body on body monsters as well.

Ross is in the mix. We currently have too many decent mids. Graham is crushing his role, and Cotch is doing his imitation of the best defensive inspirational contested mid in the game pretty well right now. Nank and Soldo acted as body on body monsters as well.
Exactly why we should take it easy on all the young players, most would be playing at other clubs.

Carbon copy of Paddy in his first year. Electric speed, athleticism but good for at least one unexplainable fumble and some weird miskick that either ends up leading to a goal or out on the full.

Hoping his ascension to the Richmond 22 is more fire in the belly for Paddy, and even moreso I hope they get to face off Round 1 next year.

Thomson definitely looks a good prospect.

Carbon copy of Paddy in his first year. Electric speed, athleticism but good for at least one unexplainable fumble and some weird miskick that either ends up leading to a goal or out on the full.

Hoping his ascension to the Richmond 22 is more fire in the belly for Paddy, and even moreso I hope they get to face off Round 1 next year.

How’s Paddy going now? Sorry I don’t watch the VFL

I'd be hesitant to throw RCD in that list given it looks Dow has already motored past him.
RCD will play a pretty different role than Dow once they taken over in the midfield, there's room for both (and Ross & Graham) in the side once our senior mids retire

I'd like to see him get another run on Wednesday against Freo.
Depends who is right to come back in though.

Seemed comfortable at the level which is rare for a first gamer.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'd like to see him get another run on Wednesday against Freo.
Depends who is right to come back in though.

Seemed comfortable at the level which is rare for a first gamer.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Caddy? I like Cads but if Dow has earned one game then give him as least 2. Edwards will be first in line in after that. Prestia still 3-4 weeks away. Broad for Grimes the only change

Commentary all year has said that T.Dow has elite hands, a point of difference to his brother perhaps. Really surprised Paddy hasn't taken the next step, seems to have the tools besides being perhaps an average kick. I watched him as a youngster and did not notice that he was an average kick, so I reckon it could be confidence.

Caddy? I like Cads but if Dow has earned one game then give him as least 2. Edwards will be first in line in after that. Prestia still 3-4 weeks away. Broad for Grimes the only change
I’d be looking at Caddy for Pickett but I reckon I’m in the minority there.

I agree with you. Would be great to give Dow a second game and further time to get used to the pace. Definitely did enough to justify it

I agree with you. Would be great to give Dow a second game and further time to get used to the pace. Definitely did enough to justify it
Pickett's speed is an asset. Closes down space and hits with aggression, completely opposite to Caddy who is good when in form though. It has been years since we have had a proper wingman, and Pickett is becoming one. So it's a no for me.

Pickett's speed is an asset. Closes down space and hits with aggression, completely opposite to Caddy who is good when in form though. It has been years since we have had a proper wingman, and Pickett is becoming one. So it's a no for me.

Don’t disagree with any of that. Pickett has the capacity to make a bad decision or brain fade on occasion, though he’s just as likely to be brilliant 2 minutes later. I’m not 100% convinced just yet.

Caddy has flaws too. Maybe Graham has claimed his spot.

these are all good players. How our depth has improved.

A discussion for another thread...

Don’t disagree with any of that. Pickett has the capacity to make a bad decision or brain fade on occasion, though he’s just as likely to be brilliant 2 minutes later. I’m not 100% convinced just yet.

Caddy has flaws too. Maybe Graham has claimed his spot.

these are all good players. How our depth has improved.

A discussion for another thread...
The only knock I have on marls is that he’s oft grassed a simple uncontested mark in the hole. Cads I reckon has the versatility that in game should we need to shuffle the cards due to injury he could go deep forward or high HB

He had one of those games where you didn't notice there was a 1st gamer out there.
On the other hand.
"Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut"
"Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut""Bailey Williams on debut"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I rate West Coast as out biggest threat. So any 22 that can beat them are like flag heroes to me. I remember one play of Pickett, might have been a centre bounce Marlion attempted to bump one of their players and he missed, he followed up and eventually did a run down tackle, deep in their fwd line. Winning us the ball back.
Dow gets another game I think. I'm surprised with Broad being dropped, but our next opponents have 2 tall KPFs Broad is our only choice. Caddy is a skilled medium forward and is falling out of favour with selectors.
The 2020 vesion of the game is run run run (sounds like a VU song) Markov did that in the dying minutes of the 4th qtr from deep in defence. McIntosh has found his spot back. Kmac & Markov & Pickett & Aarts find spots in the 22. Caddy slips out for the moment.

RCD will play a pretty different role than Dow once they taken over in the midfield, there's room for both (and Ross & Graham) in the side once our senior mids retire
If this happens it’ll be a pretty good midfield if all can play to their absolute potential. Speed of Bolton and isn’t RCD pretty quick? Lightning hands of Dow and then the defensive contested players in Graham and Ross.

The unknown quantity there is RCD, hopefully he’s going to be as good as some people have been saying. I watched the VFL grand final last year and he was amazing, but we haven’t seen if he can translate that to AFL level yet.

I remember one play of Pickett, might have been a centre bounce Marlion attempted to bump one of their players and he missed, he followed up and eventually did a run down tackle, deep in their fwd line. Winning us the ball back.

On the other hand.
Lol you’re right , it’s all we *en heard, did he have 25p did he , let me see 8p

On the other hand.
Sounded like Beets got beat up by him in junior footy. We all know players like that. Toughest one in my days was from Balta's club Doutta Stars. Watching Naish play the wing, a player can get lost out there and not have any impact. So Dow did well enough to get another go next week.

Lol you’re right , it’s all we fu**en heard, did he have 25p did he , let me see 8p
Having said that Williams did look alright.What is it with Rucks and West Coast.
Pretty decent history.
Gardiner
Cox
Nic Nat
Lycett

On the other hand.
Who does debut play for!?

picket was very good, watched the game again yesterday and he did a lot of great things inc Tackles.
he also did a couple of average things. his upside is way good and hard to replace even by Caddy who i rate very highly.
Caddys position is in the forward pocket full stop. There he is premium. Can mark tackle and most importantly kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back