Master post

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Additional Rules:
Trade Week - the Freagle Captain can recruit one Eagle in exchange for a packet of chips, but they have to do it within the first three rounds.

HeavenChat - discussion between dead/exiled players is quarantined from the thread in a PM group I'll establish after the first lynching.

Preseason Competition - consisting of a day where everyone can establish themselves and their characters prior to the first kill.

No Runners - no PMs between active competitors, all strategy talk conducted in thread.

Converting - if the Freagle Captain converts the Match Analyst or the Club Doctor, a new player will be picked to fill that role. A new player will not be picked to replace the Club Doctor if the power to save an attacked player has already been used.

ACTIVE ROLES:
Freagle Captain
- can convert an Eagle during Trade Week (see above).

Freagle - work it out, Einstein.

Match Analyst - the MA can ask the compere about any player to find out whether they're the Freagle or not, but only once per round. They have to find a way to convince people to follow their lead without being identified by the Freagles as the MA, or risk death!

Club Doctor - every night, after the Freagles have picked who to kill the Club Doctor will be given the opportunity to save them, but they can only use this power once. They can save it for themselves (assuming they aren't evicted) or use it to save someone else. After that, they'll have run out of panadol and caffeine tablets.

ACTIVE PLAYERS
ZergMinionScott Watters
Dazzler10Brett Jones
gueroChris Lewis
DoashueyJohn Gastev
BarrybranBen Cousins

DEAD PLAYERS
OMGFridgeRick "the Rock" Eagle
Smeg HeadAdrian Barich
ashley12Ash Smith - the Match Analyst
squashfaceTrevor Nisbett - the Freagle Recruit
MWPPJack Darling
CM9000Tom Hickey
OchreSmash Mouth dude
QuinzBarack Obama
RookiePickWally Matera
wing itMichael Braun
Carbine ChaosDavid Grace, QC

DEAD TO ME PLAYERS
avishka 5 - Abang

Last edited:
Day 1 - Bon Voyage
Day 1 - Bon Voyage
SMASH. Champagne and shards of glass tumbled down the sides of the newly rechristened Ars Aquila and into the Indian Ocean (take that, fish). The collapse of Virgin Australia had made getting to the Gold Coast hub difficult for the West Coast Eagles; thanks to a poorly negotiated sponsorship agreement if they flew Qantas the administrators could have sued for enough money to restart the airline. Fortunately there was a nice little cruise ship for sale. The previous owners had been so keen to get rid of it they didn't even stop to clear out all the bratwurst and sauerkraut in the hold. A group of club heavyweights would be the first to set sail.

The West Coast board was getting nervous about the level of Freagle infiltration. The club's cloning facilities had been working overtime to replace all the dead, but with all the cuts the AFL was forcing on them because of the povvo Melbourne clubs it was going to be hard to keep all 45 geneticists on the payroll. They simply could not afford to lose another dozen or so players.

To protect against Docker-sympathisers among the crew, the entire vessel would be manned* by 100 monkeys, all expertly trained and utterly neutral in matters of AFL rivalries (they were soccer fans). The board meeting that morning concluded with a prayer to the footy gods that this time the casualties would be minimal. At the same time, the ringing of the Aquila's bell rang out over Fremantle Harbour as the ship made its way out to sea.

*loosely speaking

And we're off! Introduce yourselves, get into character (unless you're Ochre) and prepare for the first kill tonight. We start with two Freagles. If any lurking mod could pin the OP that would be awesome and save me badgering you later.

Some clarification on the roles, given we're playing with a seer, a doctor and an alpha werewolf:
- Both the seer and the doctor can be converted into werewolves.
- In light of how bad we all are at this, if either is converted a new seer/doctor will be picked from the remaining villagers. If they die, however, they will not be replaced.
- A new doctor will not be picked if the power has already been used to save someone. I.e. doctor saves someone on night 1, becomes a werewolf on night 2 = no new doctor picked.

In recognition of their success in the previous game, CM9000 (aka Tom Hickey) and squashface (aka Trevor Nisbett) are immune from being the first killed and/or the first lynched.

Old Wal threw his kit bag down, his nose crinkled suspiciously as the smells of salt and brine pervaded his nostrils.

"Bloody Fritz could have put the lids back on the damn sauerkraut tubs before he buggered off", he muttered as he moved around the hold sealing up the numerous drums.

Come for a cruise Nissy had said. It will be fun he said. Yet as soon as the boat started moving away from it's berth the whining started...

"Wal's kid is a bloody Docker, I don't want him rooming next to me"

"Wal is the least famous Matera, I don't want him rooming next to me"

"Wal is walking around naked with his junk tucked between his legs asking if anyone knows where he can get another utensil-tail from, I don't want him rooming next to me"

Ah well he thought, probably for the best. The deep thrumming of the vessel's powerful engines reminded Wal of the tractors that were busily putting in the winter crop back near home.

He began to whistle as he finished ordering his new digs and wandered back toward the upper decks to see what was going on...

Hi. Michael "less brains than" Braun here. I enjoy spruiking myself using alt-accounts on BigFooty and tinting my eyelashes.

Chris sauntered aboard laconically...or lackadaisically. Probably both. He skilfully sidestepped a naked, maniacal Wally Matera, dropped his kit bag on the nearest bunk and headed topside to find a pool and a bar in no particular order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, I'm Scott Watters.

You might remember me from other notable events such as being part of a trade to Sydney that snared the 1993 number one draft pick, or from taking St Kilda to a five win season as coach in 2013.

*Runs below deck sobbing uncontrollably*

s**t! As John reluctantly boards the RUB PRINCE he notices 2 things- firstly the hatchet job on the paint in attempt at rebirthing the vessel and secondly a piercing pain in his foot. He looks around wondering how the hell a stingray has leapt 6m from the water to the gangway only to realise some w***er has attempted to christen the vessel by smashing a magnum bottle of Chardonney on the rail of the boat and he has stepped on a shard of glass. Bloody Nisbett!

* villagers not following logic when it's staring them in the face.
You mean logic like a freagle wouldn’t lead the vote against another freagle on day 3?

I think the villagers are improving, we’re learning from every game. The character additions should be a big help.

You mean logic like a freagle wouldn’t lead the vote against another freagle on day 3?

I think the villagers are improving, we’re learning from every game. The character additions should be a big help.
Protecting the seer is key. And potentially having the club doctor resurrect him/her would be massive. At a certain stage of the game, based on numbers, the seer should feel confident enough to declare themselves to the group and share what they have learned.

Alright, genuine question before this thing starts.

Why have we lost every game, and what as a collective should we do differently to win this time?

Every vote pattern looks suspicious if you want it to look suspicious. Voting analysis by itself is no-where near enough. There just isn't enough data.

Gut feel forms from reading people's posts and watching them vote. Voting for people makes them post more.

Let's spread the votes around this time. If we can put most players under a bit of voting pressure in the first few days that'll help. Aside from CC on day one, no pile-ons unless we have a really solid suspect.

Someone voting for you does not make them a likely Freagle (looking at you Dazzler and Ochre).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back