2nds Werribee 2017 (No finals. Matt Hanson wins BnF. Thanks for the memories 'Bees)

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably should have Venus at CHB but I think she has the ability to play on talks and smalls. Serena really need to drop a few kg's so we can see her develop her outside game.
I see Serena as an old-fashioned ruck rover, with a (grand) Slammin' Sam style, able to use the body all over the field. Venus more of your fullback, baseliner.

Werribee have lost a whole host of their better senior players as well from what I've been told. I don't think they'll be too good next year especially if we get a few injuries.

Wilson, Sherlock, Speight and a
Few other depth types have all moved on from what I've been told
Actually happy they left, never rated those senior Werribee players. Now more opportunity for our boys

Where did speight go?

We play Essendon in Round 3 at Arden Street.

This escalated quickly.

Arden Street development a pipedream.

Nek minnit a practice match at Arden Street a pipedream.

Nek minnit a VFL match at Arden Street a pipedream.

Nek minnit .. .... AFL final

FOOTBALL fans in Victoria can look forward to three curtain-raisers next year and possibly more, following the release of the VFL fixture for 2017.

Already locked in on May 6 is a Footscray-Richmond clash at Etihad Stadium at 3pm ahead of a Western Bulldogs-Richmond AFL game that evening.

On June 24, Footscray and North Melbourne affiliate Werribee will meet in the afternoon ahead of the Bulldogs-Kangaroos round 14 clash.

On August 5, Werribee and Collingwood will play before North Melbourne hosts Collingwood.

The VFL schedule also has a tentative MCG curtain-raiser planned for May 20 with a Collingwood-Box Hill Hawks game preceding the round nine Collingwood-Hawthorn clash.

This year's grand finalists Footscray and Casey have been scheduled for just one re-match, in round nine, while North supporters interested in watching the club's listed players at Werribee will need to be prepared to travel, with no home games at Avalon Airport Oval because of redevelopment works.

The season begins with Footscray hosting Box Hill on Good Friday at the Whitten Oval. The grand final will be on September 24, six days before the AFL Grand Final.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-15/curtainraisers-feature-in-2017-vfl-draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also BTW, redevelopment includes a space for the Wyndham Huddle to operate from, part of the growing relationship with Wyndham/Werribee
I wonder if this puts to bed any talk of us having a stand alone VFL side and is this an indication of strengthening our ties with Werribee?

It certainly looks that way to me.

I wonder if this puts to bed any talk of us having a stand alone VFL side and is this an indication of strengthening our ties with Werribee?

It certainly looks that way to me.
If we can achieve the greater part of our objectives without having a 'stand alone' side, and we avoid the costs of doing so, no reason to change. In many ways the alignment with Werribee can be seen to support our community development objectives; more so than competing with (taking over or relegating) Werribee.

I'm 100 percent okay with this. VFL has been butchered and sucked of its soul badly enough.

If we can achieve the greater part of our objectives without having a 'stand alone' side, and we avoid the costs of doing so, no reason to change. In many ways the alignment with Werribee can be seen to support our community development objectives; more so than competing with (taking over or relegating) Werribee.

There are definitely positive aspects to our alignment two of which are highlighted above.

The tricky bit will be in our ability to implement the North game style & preferred positional selections/development into a team which for all intents and purposes is an autonomous organisation with its own priorities and goals.

The tricky bit will be in our ability to implement the North game style & preferred positional selections/development into a team which for all intents and purposes is an autonomous organisation with its own priorities and goals.
Agreed, hence 'greater part of our objectives'. While there would need to be a certain 'give and take', as long as our guys are getting the right development. I did read a Dogs supporter at some point recently highlight the value of Footscray players being 'schooled' in the same plan as the seniors, hence easy to slot in.

Agreed, hence 'greater part of our objectives'. While there would need to be a certain 'give and take', as long as our guys are getting the right development. I did read a Dogs supporter at some point recently highlight the value of Footscray players being 'schooled' in the same plan as the seniors, hence easy to slot in.
Hopefully the history we have with Lamont is a positive in this regardless.

Whether or not he has the ability to implement that strategy; well for me the jury is out on that one.

I received Werribee Football Club e-newsletter today and the opening headline was "The Huddle wins again". It wasn't a new story but a reprint of an article last month about winning a multicultural award in Melbourne but the fact that it was the lead story for Werribee Footy Club is very encouraging and yet more recognition of the good work done by The Huddle

I if can't get to the pre season match I reckon id try for the 29 April dh bees at Arden Street and the NM v Suns as the nightcap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back